NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chris Carson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

Carson is not an RB2.  He is a bonafide STUD RB1 workhorse on a team that loves to run the ball.  

In standard, maybe.  He needs more receptions to reach stud RB1 status in PPR.  His real life value was WAY outstripping his fantasy value until that late touchdown catch.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He just put up 100+ yards in back to back weeks vs TB & SF but dude above isn't impressed.

Not sure if this has been posted but      Watching this and knowing they want to throw to him more makes me an excited Carson owner in PPR.

Carson is closer to AP than Penny is to Carson

Posted Images

Am I the only Carson owner whose heart literally stopped for two seconds when he nearly botched that TD reception? Dude, if you are ever going to catch a ball cleanly, that would be it.

I mostly agree with @esprits4s above me. He had a great night on the field but was virtually invisible in the passing game. In PPR formats, you're happy with his production last night but a couple more receptions on the stat sheet would really give you a lot more confidence going forward. 

4 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Am I the only Carson owner whose heart literally stopped for two seconds when he nearly botched that TD reception? Dude, if you are ever going to catch a ball cleanly, that would be it.

I mostly agree with @esprits4s above me. He had a great night on the field but was virtually invisible in the passing game. In PPR formats, you're happy with his production last night but a couple more receptions on the stat sheet would really give you a lot more confidence going forward. 

There were plays designed for him but the terror known as Aaron Donald blew them up and or Wilson up. Carson is Chubb lite and I’m happy with that 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

In standard, maybe.  He needs more receptions to reach stud RB1 status in PPR.  His real life value was WAY outstripping his fantasy value until that late touchdown catch.

He's on pace for 48 receptions and 6 receiving TDs this year.  He's no McCaffrey or Kamara, but that's still pretty dang good!  An RB1 no doubt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I regrettably don’t have Carson but I don’t know how you can’t say he’s not in the PPR stud range.  I’d like to know who fits in that category.   He’s got more catches than Zeke.  And similar catches to Barkley’s if you prorate what he’s done.  And there were a few pass plays that were designed for Carson last night but were blown up by the D.

9 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

He's on pace for 48 receptions and 6 receiving TDs this year.  He's no McCaffrey or Kamara, but that's still pretty dang good!  An RB1 no doubt

I agree, he is dang good. But for what it's worth, he's RB 16-17 right now in fantasy PPG, depending on scoring. I'm using PPG only because he has at least one more game played that every other RB besides Gurley.

I'm happy to own Carson and his best games may still be in front of him, but I'm not ready to lock him into RB1 territory quite yet. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I regrettably don’t have Carson but I don’t know how you can’t say he’s not in the PPR stud range.  I’d like to know who fits in that category.   He’s got more catches than Zeke.  And similar catches to Barkley’s if you prorate what he’s done.  And there were a few pass plays that were designed for Carson last night but were blown up by the D.

14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

He is currently 16th in RB ppg in my PPR league.

53 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Not even a Carson owner and I skipped a beat. Just as a fan of the game...lol.

7 hours ago, sSektor said:

I get piling on Penny for being bad but this is just false lol. AP was a transcendent talent and Carson is barely in the top 10 right now. 

AP is like a Lambo. An incredible top of the line car. Carson is like a BMW M4. Still far above average and very very good. Is there a clear, large, and sizable difference? Yes. 

Penny is like a 1998 Honda Civic. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the worst and can serve a purpose. It has its group of fans but it’s nowhere near an M4. Not even close. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

As a lifelong Seahawks fan and a Carson owner desperately trying to salvage my ff season, I'm pretty sure I could taste my lower intestine.

2 hours ago, esprits4s said:

He is currently 16th in RB ppg in my PPR league.

Hopkins is somewhere in the 30s probably.  Is he not a stud?

Edit...he’s 20.  Same argument though.

Edited by K197040
3 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

I agree, he is dang good. But for what it's worth, he's RB 16-17 right now in fantasy PPG, depending on scoring. I'm using PPG only because he has at least one more game played that every other RB besides Gurley.

I'm happy to own Carson and his best games may still be in front of him, but I'm not ready to lock him into RB1 territory quite yet. 

Its still early in the season.  numbers can be overly inflated on a ppg basis.  When I say RB1 what I mean is assuming most of us are playing in 12 team leagues, that there are not 12 RBs I'd rather have than Carson for the rest of the season.  When the season is over it would be surprising to me if he isn't in the top 10 scorers at the RB position

• Like 1

Chris Carson broke clay Mathews jaw """legally""",  yes it sucks from the human aspect, but this is football, like they say in football, hit em as hard as u can, if they don't get up, it's football(trying my best gullick and wings quote I can, gullick says something along those lines quite often)

not even burfict could break a jaw on his dumb plays

31 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Its still early in the season.  numbers can be overly inflated on a ppg basis.  When I say RB1 what I mean is assuming most of us are playing in 12 team leagues, that there are not 12 RBs I'd rather have than Carson for the rest of the season.  When the season is over it would be surprising to me if he isn't in the top 10 scorers at the RB position

As a Penny owner, I wanted Carson to not really be a thing.  But after watching him for a couple of games,  I’m convinced.  He was making 8 yards just running into the pile.  Unless he gets injured, I’d bet money he’s a top 10 PPR back.

3 hours ago, Dalton Gang said:

He doesn’t get any dump offs because every time Wilson has any pressure he just takes off running.

I think we do need to discuss some of the “problems” with the Seahawks offense and the very real way they lower Carson’s ceiling. This is one of them — when Wilson doesn’t see the big play down the field, his instinct is to run and slide. He’s not a checkdown artist. Running and sliding picks up the same yards with less risk of a turnover. It also carries less risk of Carson getting easy PPR points.

A related thing is, Wilson is not a dink-and-dunker. On second and short, he’s not looking to just barely pick up the first down with a quick pass to Carson. He’s looking to the end zone. When those plays connect (think Lockett’s awesome catch last night), it means one less scoring opportunity for Carson.

Some offenses get into the red zone and then inch their way up until the RB gets a chance to walk it in. That happens sometimes with the Seahawks, but it’s not really how their offense tends to score.

And then there’s Carson’s tendency to grind out the tough yards and pull himself out of the game when they get to the red zone. He’s been doing this a disturbing number of times.

He’s got three total TDs and is on pace for 9.6, but I might take the under on that number and it makes me sad to think that.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Folks that think there are 12 FF RBs better than Carson are delusional 😂

Definitely an RB1

Barkley, Zeke, kamara, cmac, Cook, Chubb, Bell, DJ, Gurley (maybe) and then it’s carson fournette and Henry in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Non biased opinion here. I had Carson last year and while I did like how he ran he was always banged up and always had someone right behind him just itching to steal his job (penny, Davis). So this year I thought just too much risk grabbing him. Davis left so I would rather just grab penny for cheap and see what happens. But man he looks better than last year this year. The fumbling I do think is still something to keep an eye on but man is this guy a thumper. They can’t tackle him before a 4-5 yard gain on most plays. Idk if it’s me but penny looks bloated like he’s about to have a baby. Carson def looks legit even more so than last year. Still holding penny for probably one more game but I’m starting to see too much separation at this point.

Edited by StevenSC400

he Had some really nice runs and punished the LAR Defense almost every carry. I don’t really think it’s worth arguing his value with people whom don’t see this guy as a stud #1. I’m happy to own him and didn’t have to spend a high draft pick on him.  I thinks it hilarious I got CC 3 rounds after guys like Mixon and Damien Will....