NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With Julio at 30 years old and the age topic being discussed in the thread, here is another set of data to consider (or not, as that's up to each person)... I looked up the top 75 in career receivi

I want to see your data - that's not what I see. I think WRs start declining at age 28, on average. This is based on 1500 "seasons" for receivers since 2000. I collected their data, put ever

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Newtown said:

Sarcasm acknowledged.

Indeed. It is just laughably ignorant to me how these offensive coordinators like to remain predictable.

Mohammed Sanu was a non factor for ATL. He will go to NE and you will see him all over the field, in various formations, etc... ATL didn't use him correctly. It's terrible that they would not move Julio all over the formation especially in the slot to get him more free releases off the line of scrimmage. 

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Indeed. It is just laughably ignorant to me how these offensive coordinators like to remain predictable.

Mohammed Sanu was a non factor for ATL. He will go to NE and you will see him all over the field, in various formations, etc... ATL didn't use him correctly. It's terrible that they would not move Julio all over the formation especially in the slot to get him more free releases off the line of scrimmage. 

Personally, I think a lot of football coaches are lazy. They don't take the time to do the things it takes to give their teams an edge on Sunday. I understand armchair coaches are not a part the game. But it only take a little common sense and effort in teaching and game planning to maximize the potential of your roster. We see it every single Sunday (and Monday and Thursday).

• Like 2
On 10/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What a moron.

Best WR in the game and he wasn't using him in the slot for favorable matchups?

Must be super hard being an offensive coordinator and trying to find a way to incorporate Julio Jones into the slot.

I like your thinking on this Cleats.

Maybe Schaub actually attempts to throw Julio the football. Ryan doesn't.

Still starting (since obv I have no choice) but IIRC Julio had his biggest catch from Pick-6-Schaub last week.

It could help, which boy howdy would be ironic.

• Like 1

I don't think it is a huge downgrade with Schaub. I think he may get a lot of looks Sunday, maybe even more. A great QB like Ryan can spread it around, backups usually lock into the main guy. The issue might be less sustained drives, which mean less plays and less scoring opportunities. Could almost be the opposite of Ryan. Falcons were scoring like 30+ points a game with Ryan but Julio wasn't getting any of the TDs. Wouldn't shock me if Atlanta puts up under 20 points but Julio has a very productive game, possibly even getting a TD. There is no way you bench Julio here, even the matchup is nice.

• Like 1
Just now, Olliemets said:

He came up hobbled and limping pretty bad at the end of the 4th today. Anyone have any insight on this? Bye comes at the perfect time but no way they rush him back from anything in a lost season. 

He's fine. He went back in the game.

• Like 2

I wasn't too worried about Schaub playing. For one, Ryan has been spreading the ball around a ton, whereas a weaker QB will just lock in on a guy like Julio, which is exactly what he did today. Julio did come out for a brief moment in the game but came back in, probably only missed a few plays. He was one yard away from a TD too. I wouldn't look too much into the Schaub or Ryan argument as Ryan will likely be back after the bye. However it is great to know that Julio is fine with either QB. 

On pace for 100 catches 1,424 yards and 8 TD's... those averages can easily shoot up as well we haven't had that typical Julio explosion or two yet which are coming.. Some people just don't deserve Julio 😂 should be no whining in this thread.

Edited by CroNY
49 minutes ago, roflwaffle said:

Thinking of making a deal to acquire Julio but I'm a little concerned that he might be a late-season shut down candidate being on a Falcons team going nowhere this year. Anyone else think this concern is valid? 

no

4 hours ago, roflwaffle said:

Thinking of making a deal to acquire Julio but I'm a little concerned that he might be a late-season shut down candidate being on a Falcons team going nowhere this year. Anyone else think this concern is valid? 

Doubt it... Julio has a good chance of winding up in the top 10 all time in terms of career receiving yards. I can't imagine him sitting out games if he's healthy. 

On 10/30/2019 at 11:41 PM, roflwaffle said:

As an owner I was thinking maybe time to sell because of this but maybe I’m wrong?