NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, smeeze said:

Rather, Lattimore gets a big helping of Julio Jones.

Exactly, the whole top corner stuff is overblown when it comes to a WR like Julio he's not going to consistently stick with him the whole game there is no shot. It falls on the QB and assuming he has enough time to throw.

He just went for 6/93 on Ramsey and missed some big plays in that game, Irrelevant subject. 

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With Julio at 30 years old and the age topic being discussed in the thread, here is another set of data to consider (or not, as that's up to each person)... I looked up the top 75 in career receivi

I want to see your data - that's not what I see. I think WRs start declining at age 28, on average. This is based on 1500 "seasons" for receivers since 2000. I collected their data, put ever

Posted Images

4 hours ago, CroNY said:

Exactly, the whole top corner stuff is overblown when it comes to a WR like Julio he's not going to consistently stick with him the whole game there is no shot. It falls on the QB and assuming he has enough time to throw.

He just went for 6/93 on Ramsey and missed some big plays in that game, Irrelevant subject. 

I want to believe, but looks like another big day for Austin Hooper to me.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Falcons O coordinator from last year went back to college.

Falcons O coordinator this year is likely to be fired

It's so hard to find an O Coordinator that will throw to Julio in the red zone?

I think your frustrations are misaligned. The common link is Matt Ryan.

• Like 1

He is on pace for 100 catches and 1400 yards but I don't see him keeping up with that pace because the schedule is very tough. With the Falcons being 1-7 and pretty much eliminated from playoff contention already we should be very afraid of fantom injuries down the stretch from Ryan or Jones. That's usually how these types of losing seasons culminates. I agree with the latest comments in this thread. If you can sell him I would. 

17 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

He is on pace for 100 catches and 1400 yards but I don't see him keeping up with that pace because the schedule is very tough. With the Falcons being 1-7 and pretty much eliminated from playoff contention already we should be very afraid of fantom injuries down the stretch from Ryan or Jones. That's usually how these types of losing seasons culminates. I agree with the latest comments in this thread. If you can sell him I would. 

Too lazy too look it up, but has he been on a losing atl team? Hes 31st in yards all time and 41 in receptions with many people he could pass this year, will he sit out games or does this even matter?

1 hour ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Too lazy too look it up, but has he been on a losing atl team? Hes 31st in yards all time and 41 in receptions with many people he could pass this year, will he sit out games or does this even matter?

Falcons had one shot to win a Superbowl and they blew it.  Doubt we'll ever see them get close again in the next decade so I expect Julio to pat his stats as much as possible before he retires

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Julio usually has one crazy game out of the season. 

Hopefully that 200+ yd/multi TD game is coming soon...

Biggest yardage game last year was 173 yards and . . . wait for it . . . 0 touchdowns.

Second biggest yardage game last year was 169 yards and . . . wait for it . . . 0 touchdowns . . .

• Haha 1
On 11/8/2019 at 8:02 AM, Bastardo! said:

Biggest yardage game last year was 173 yards and . . . wait for it . . . 0 touchdowns.

Second biggest yardage game last year was 169 yards and . . . wait for it . . . 0 touchdowns . . .

In 2017 he had 253 yards and 2 TD.

2016 300 yards and 1 TD.

2015 was just crazy with multiple 140+ yards games with 2 TD's.

Looks like before last season Julio tends to have one or two monster games every season to go with his usual production.