NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With Julio at 30 years old and the age topic being discussed in the thread, here is another set of data to consider (or not, as that's up to each person)... I looked up the top 75 in career receivi

I want to see your data - that's not what I see. I think WRs start declining at age 28, on average. This is based on 1500 "seasons" for receivers since 2000. I collected their data, put ever

Posted Images

I think he should be paid, but I'm about tired of players doing this crap. NFL needs to have fully guaranteed deals or just have one-year contracts for all players. Then if they need an "adjustment" they can get it. At the time Julio signed his last deal he was among the highest paid at his position. Don't sign a long contract you don't intend to honor. It's ridiculous. None of these guys give money back when they under-perform. If you outperform your rookie deal, then make sure you get as much as you can on the next deal. Julio having bad representation is not the fault of the Falcons.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I think he should be paid, but I'm about tired of players doing this crap. NFL needs to have fully guaranteed deals or just have one-year contracts for all players. Then if they need an "adjustment" they can get it. At the time Julio signed his last deal he was among the highest paid at his position. Don't sign a long contract you don't intend to honor. It's ridiculous. None of these guys give money back when they under-perform. If you outperform your rookie deal, then make sure you get as much as you can on the next deal. Julio having bad representation is not the fault of the Falcons.

To be fair, teams don't honor the contracts that give out either.  Players get cut all the time before their contract is up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, CowboysFan said:

To be fair, teams don't honor the contracts that give out either.  Players get cut all the time before their contract is up.

That's what I'm saying. It's just ridiculous, the entire system. Players in this system need to ensure they get what they want out of their second contract. They know a team can cut them, so get yours up front. Also, there is nothing to say a team can't fully guarantee the entire deal. Kirk Cousins current deal is fully guaranteed.

LOL.  He sees that Zeke got paid by being a whiny crybaby, despite what Jerry said about not paying him top dollar.  He sees AB be a princess and get paid.  So it's only natural for him to wonder why not him.  What I'm curious about is why wait until opening day of the season to take a stand.

23 minutes ago, CowboysFan said:

Then they should elect better leadership in the Player's Association. That's the whole point of having a labor organization. If the players have a problem with the way contracts are structured and honored (or not honored) then then should fight the fight through the Association not on the individual level. 

Edited by jmcampbe11
1 hour ago, CooL said:

LOL.  He sees that Zeke got paid by being a whiny crybaby, despite what Jerry said about not paying him top dollar.  He sees AB be a princess and get paid.  So it's only natural for him to wonder why not him.  What I'm curious about is why wait until opening day of the season to take a stand.

He's technically been "holding out" for a while now, but the front office has said that he'll get a new deal. Julio is just a consummate professional so you're not hearing about it on First Take.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

It's not like owners "honor" these deals when players get injured. 

The problem with NFL contracts is the crappy players union compared to every other major sport.

Sounds like someone who is trying to retract a misstatement or correct a previous mistake...

https://twitter.com/FalconsKelsey/status/1169701284196311040?s=20 https://twitter.com/FalconsKelsey/status/1169701284196311040?s=20

On the Injury report, I believe it is indeed "Rest" as listed...Dan Quinn isn't known to be one of the coaches who "play" with these reports.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/injury-report/

Edited by Szer0
  • Like 1

As a Julio Jones owner.  I could care less if he doesn't play week 1.  I've actually been thinking about benching him anyways.  Since 2015,  Julio vs Xavier Rhodes in 2 games went for (5-56-0) & (2-24-0).  So in 2 games he combined for (7-80-0).  Not very excited about this Match-up.  Sit week 1, get your foot another week to heal (if there is a foot issue) and from week 2 on become the stud you are...

• Haha 1