NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

10 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

As a Julio Jones owner.  I could care less if he doesn't play week 1.  I've actually been thinking about benching him anyways.  Since 2015,  Julio vs Xavier Rhodes in 2 games went for (5-56-0) & (2-24-0).  So in 2 games he combined for (7-80-0).  Not very excited about this Match-up.  Sit week 1, get your foot another week to heal (if there is a foot issue) and from week 2 on become the stud you are...

Lol. Rhodes is not what he once was, getting burned all last year and preseason. You cant honestly eant your wr1 to sit a game, its julio fing jones averages 100 yards per game in a dome with a top 10 offense. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With Julio at 30 years old and the age topic being discussed in the thread, here is another set of data to consider (or not, as that's up to each person)... I looked up the top 75 in career receivi

I want to see your data - that's not what I see. I think WRs start declining at age 28, on average. This is based on 1500 "seasons" for receivers since 2000. I collected their data, put ever

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

I just dont see how he doesnt play when Julio himself said contract or no contract hes playing lol

If his camp gets into his ear that he could hurt himself and needs to get paid before that happens.  I'm sure that's the reason he is wavering in the first place.  He clearly wants to play but something is keeping him back.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

If his camp gets into his ear that he could hurt himself and needs to get paid before that happens.  I'm sure that's the reason he is wavering in the first place.  He clearly wants to play but something is keeping him back.

Fair enough but all I have been reading is lazy reporters just 're reporting' old news.  The only thing Julio said one time about his status Sunday was 'I don't know' then he walked back those comments several times in positive light.  What ESPN hack reporters are doing now is using 'I don't know' as click bait. 

1 hour ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

As a Julio Jones owner.  I could care less if he doesn't play week 1.  I've actually been thinking about benching him anyways.  Since 2015,  Julio vs Xavier Rhodes in 2 games went for (5-56-0) & (2-24-0).  So in 2 games he combined for (7-80-0).  Not very excited about this Match-up.  Sit week 1, get your foot another week to heal (if there is a foot issue) and from week 2 on become the stud you are...

Pet peeve... it's "I COULDN'T care less".  If you can care less, then that means there is really another level of indifference that you're not currently at.

I don't know how you can consider benching your first round WR1, unless you play in an 8 teamer and everybody has stacked rosters.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, CooL said:

Pet peeve... it's "I COULDN'T care less".  If you can care less, then that means there is really another level of indifference that you're not currently at.

Thank you.

“I couldn’t care less” means that you literally do not care at all. You could not care less.

Conversely, “I could care less” means that you do care, at least to some extent.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

The #Chiefs and WR Tyreek Hill have agreed to terms on 3-year, $54M contract extension that puts him among the highest paid at his position, sources say. After an up-and-down offseason, KC and Hill make it clear they are sticking together.

Julio be like 

giphy.gif

To be fair, Julio was also among the highest paid at his position when he signed his name on the new contract.

9 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

This dude is a class act and has produced for so long, I can't even fathom giving him the wrap around with a contract unless he's asking for too long of an extension. Injuries I get it, but pay the man

It’s likely the guaranteed number.

Great example of how a professional handles business. He could easily be pulling an AB until it got done. Kudos to the falcons for rewarding that professionalism. I’ve historically not been crazy about him as a fantasy asset, but he is among my top 5 favorite players in the league. Well done on all sides if this gets finalized. 

• Like 1