NBC Sports Edge Forums

Julio Jones 2019 Outlook

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With Julio at 30 years old and the age topic being discussed in the thread, here is another set of data to consider (or not, as that's up to each person)... I looked up the top 75 in career receivi

I want to see your data - that's not what I see. I think WRs start declining at age 28, on average. This is based on 1500 "seasons" for receivers since 2000. I collected their data, put ever

Posted Images

Only problem is what incentive does he have now? He gets 64 million today and it doesn’t matter if he plays another down. He’s the ultimate pro but that’s impressive he got that from an organization 

Edited by Zekepeak86
7 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Only problem is what incentive does he have now? He gets 64 million today and it doesn’t matter if he plays another down. He’s the ultimate pro but that’s impressive he got that from an organization 

Well that's the compare/contrast with AB now. Julio has been the consummate professional from Day 1. Falcons traded up to get him. Has worked hard, kept his head down, done everything asked, never been in trouble outside of football. That shows you the level of comfort that the organisation has with him to say "yeah man, we'll give you 64/66th's of the money up-front". That should be a wake-up call for other footballers: get your s--- together, and your team won't have any dramas giving you the bag.

Edited by DeliciousGravy
  • Like 3
3 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Well that's the compare/contrast with AB now. Julio has been the consummate professional from Day 1. Falcons traded up to get him. Has worked hard, kept his head down, done everything asked, never been in trouble outside of football. That shows you the level of comfort that the organisation has with him to say "yeah man, we'll give you 64/66th's of the money up-front". That should be a wake-up call for other footballers: get your s--- together, and your team won't have any dramas giving you the bag.

Completely agree I’m just looking at the other side.

• Thanks 1

Just read he has a toe issue.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27297057/arthur-blank-done-part-now-falcons-compete-super-bowls

"The offense might have looked a little off through the first couple weeks of training camp, but it's hard to look your best with top receivers Julio Jones (toe) and Calvin Ridley (hamstring) rehabbing on the side. Koetter, back for a second stint as offensive coordinator, is known for a more pass-oriented attack, and he has a plethora of pass-catching threats to work with, including Freeman out of the backfield."

Combine it with Rotoworld's update from a few days ago:  

Julio Jones said he "doesn't know" if he'll play against the Vikings in Week 1.

In the words of longtime Falcons beat writer D. Orlando Ledbetter, it was a bizarre scene. Ledbetter said Jones was "battling through something physical or emotional." Jones said he didn't know if he would play against the Vikings before then saying he "plans" to give it a go. He hinted at an injury issue beyond his contract situation. In other words, weird. Very, very weird. It's hard to believe Jones won't be out there against the Vikings, but there is clearly something going on here that the public is not privy to. Jones' situation will be updated no later than Friday afternoon.

Julio may not be 100%.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

In news just in:

Julio Jones still elite.

Is there a better WR spot right now? Has Ridley on the other side to give safeties something to think about.

Nuk - Watson can't stay upright

MT - Brees down

Juju - Big Ben down

OBJ - Cleveland misfiring

Adams - actually a fair debate

AB - will he last the season?

Cooper with Dak is up there.

This guy is underrated in standard. The entire doesn’t score tds stigma depressed his price which made him great value to scoop up. I always felt the lack of TDs was a whore 3 standard deviation from the mean situation happening. He shouldn’t be touchdown challenged. He’s a beast.

3 minutes ago, philnutz said:

Anyone know what % of snaps Julio played. Seemed to me he rarely played 2 snaps in a row, but I didn't see the 2nd half.

He was getting his neck/head area checked out by the trainers during parts of the second half

5 hours ago, smeeze said:

BuT JuLiO dOeSn'T sCoRe ToUcHdOwNs!

spongebob

He’s averaged 6.4 TDs per season over the first 8 years of his career. He’s also only had double digit TDs once (exactly 10 of them in 2012 - a full 7 years ago) as well. That is an incredibly low number for someone who gets as much volume and has been consistently drafted as high as him. He’s off to a nice start this year, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. His TD totals are very reminiscent of Andre Johnson.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dislimb said:

He’s averaged 6.4 TDs per season over the first 8 years of his career. He’s also only had double digit TDs once (exactly 10 of them in 2012 - a full 7 years ago) as well. That is an incredibly low number for someone who gets as much volume and has been consistently drafted as high as him. He’s off to a nice start this year, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here. His TD totals are very reminiscent of Andre Johnson.

Two words. Steve Sarkisian.

7 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

In news just in:

Julio Jones still elite.

Is there a better WR spot right now? Has Ridley on the other side to give safeties something to think about.

Nuk - Watson can't stay upright

MT - Brees down

Juju - Big Ben down

OBJ - Cleveland misfiring

Adams - actually a fair debate

AB - will he last the season?

Julio is def the number 1 receiver after week 2, but Nuk is no slouch he will get back to normal week 3 vs the chargers. I’d says overall Nuk is the better player but Julio is a beast! He came up big for me yesterday! 

• Like 1