NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard 

Bill to Odell right now

Posted Images

The point is, and we've all been in this position before, you have to determine whether the possibility of a bounce back is worth more than the scraps you'll get in return. I'm more inclined to take my chances because I like to shoot for upside rather than just coasting by as a 6 seed, but everyone can play fantasy in their own individual way, and no one knows who will be right and who will be wrong until after the fact.

What I'm saying is, anyone who thinks I'm gonna sell super low on OBJ can get bent

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, atrium said:

The point is, and we've all been in this position before, you have to determine whether the possibility of a bounce back is worth more than the scraps you'll get in return. I'm more inclined to take my chances because I like to shoot for upside rather than just coasting by as a 6 seed, but everyone can play fantasy in their own individual way, and no one knows who will be right and who will be wrong until after the fact.

What I'm saying is, anyone who thinks I'm gonna sell super low on OBJ can get bent

I'm talking about in the Boyd and Woods range, maybe even taking a flier on AJG. That's the type of value I'm talking about. But some want in the Kupp, Godwin, Evans, Julio range which is ridiculous. Unless Baker gets benched I'm not seeing where he is all of a sudden going to break out.

Edited by FitzMagic
11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I'm talking about in the Boyd and Woods range, maybe even taking a flier on AJG. That's the type of value I'm talking about. But some want in the Kupp, Godwin, Evans, Julio range which is ridiculous. Unless Baker gets benched I'm not seeing where he is all of a sudden going to break out.

Kupp/Godwin/Julio range is crazy, but he's basically playing at the Boyd/Woods level already (pretty likely to pass Woods this week and either pass or be close to Boyd, who are both on byes), so for me at least the answer would be no, since the upside is still much greater with OBJ.

Despite how terrible things have been, he's still on pace for a 78 catch, 1115 yard season, and gun to my head I'd bet on a higher PPG in the second half than the first half if I was forced to choose. 

If we started getting into the Golladay, Edelman tier, then it'd start getting hard to say no.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
26 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Woods ain't a WR2, he's trending down if anything. I don't own any Boyd shares, but it looks like he's been super inconsistent and unreliable. Not any better than OBJ. Like the other guy said, OBJ is already at their level but with the track record of much greater. I'm betting on him.

He mentioned Edelman, Golladay, both of which would be instant accept for me, but I highly doubt the other owner would ever offer that.

Another factor that doesn't get mentioned enough is OBJ's former superstar status. Because he's still regarded as a superstar, albeit an underachieving one, the coaching staff is going to feel more pressure to get him involved and structure their gameplans for him.

With a guy like Woods and Boyd, they don't have that luxury because they're role players. Coaches will go with what works, and if that means they take a back seat, then so be it.

It's another reason that OBJ has a better chance of turning it around imo. There's more incentive to get him involved

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, atrium said:

Woods ain't a WR2, he's trending down if anything. I don't own any Boyd shares, but it looks like he's been super inconsistent and unreliable. Not any better than OBJ. Like the other guy said, OBJ is already at their level but with the track record of much greater. I'm betting on him.

He mentioned Edelman, Golladay, both of which would be instant accept for me, but I highly doubt the other owner would ever offer that.

Of course, because they are one low-end WR1 and the other a high-end WR2 and in way better situations than OBJ. So OBJ owners are just better off keeping him ROS because nobody is giving up WR1 or high WR2 value. The only real option is in a decent package with another player or taking depth options with players I mentioned that are giving similar production as well as depth. With the situation with the Rams I don't think you can say Woods has no upside. We will see coming out of the bye how things look. I expect some changes in the offense to involve him more with Cooks on the shelf. It's certainly a way better situation than Cleveland, that's for sure. I mean, Jared Goff is a better QB than Mayfield. That's sad. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Krambone said:

What’s the o/u on ODB dropped passes this week?

I think he'll be dropping Broncos defenders in a get-right spot.

Yes the Denver defense has played okay, but it is a team in collapse.  Someone called Brandon Allen, he if zero career NFL passes, will be starting for them at QB.