NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

18 hours ago, yanksman said:

Blame the QB all you want but OBJ is not getting open and hes dropping a ton of passes.

Can't agree about that. OBJ has very good hands when he is foccused. He always had 1-2 odd drops per game, but more than made up for it with great grabs and big plays. And he is easily getting open, watch some tape. The timing between Mayfield and OBJ is way off, which signals lack of chemistry. Plus Mayfield throwing with horrible anticipation. Just sucks when you see OBJ beat his man, especially in the endzone, and Mayfield throws it to the wrong shoulder way out of reach...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 不不不不不不 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard

Bill to Odell right now

Posted Images

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

Can't agree about that. OBJ has very good hands when he is foccused. He always had 1-2 odd drops per game, but more than made up for it with great grabs and big plays. And he is easily getting open, watch some tape. The timing between Mayfield and OBJ is way off, which signals lack of chemistry. Plus Mayfield throwing with horrible anticipation. Just sucks when you see OBJ beat his man, especially in the endzone, and Mayfield throws it to the wrong shoulder way out of reach...

Baker Manziel doesnt have any anticipation or touch. He has to see the guy wide open before throwing it.

Also did you see that pass to Hollister in the end zone from Russell Wilson on Monday night? A nice ball with touch that lofted right over the defender. If that was baker he would of throwna bullet that hollister would have zero chance of catching.

Baker isn't good, but OBJ hasn't been sharp either. I've seen him drop some balls. Looks lost on some routes. It can't be Baker every week.

Guy is worried about his GOAT cleats, and million dollar watches; when he should be focused on the field. He is getting outperformed by Landry.

22 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Baker isn't good, but OBJ hasn't been sharp either. I've seen him drop some balls. Looks lost on some routes. It can't be Baker every week.

Guy is worried about his GOAT cleats, and million dollar watches; when he should be focused on the field. He is getting outperformed by Landry.

This take doesnt make sense. So because he got cleats to give to TB12, it means hes not preparing? Ha.I guess Brady doesnt prepare as much as he should either bc of his side business TB12 Method. Or any player who has a social media presence these days.

Just silly.

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

This take doesnt make sense. So because he got cleats to give to TB12, it means hes not preparing? Ha.I guess Brady doesnt prepare as much as he should either bc of his side business TB12 Method. Or any player who has a social media presence these days.

Just silly.

If he was performing at a high end who would care. He isn't. He seems more concerned with sideshow stuff than getting on the right page with his quarterback.

"Going through that year of 26 was one of the hardest challenges I've had so far and just to see where I've grown and knowing what I've wanted to do at 27 for the past three to four years, I've been saying 2020 is my year," Beckham said, via Mary Kay Cabot of cleveland.com. "2020 will be the best year of my life."

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Crazy to think this who.e time Landry was the better of the two, obj is exposed, he needs Eli

Landrys a bigger body which is better for Baker whos been pretty inaccurate.

Hes also running simpler routes than OBJ which means that Baker isnt having to guess which way hes going to break.

Combination of things at work here. Theres a comfort level between Baker and Landry that they didnt have last year. People were down on Landry after his first year in Cleveland but he and Baker seem to be on the same page now. Odell missed all of camp. There were a lot of tough matchups in the first half of the season for the WR1. Odell has dropped some passes he should catch. Sort of a perfect storm for things going bad this year. Hes likely ruined your season if you took him early but I feel like year 2 is when the QB-WR connection is going to be what we anticipated this year.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FootballOutsider said:

I feel like year 2 is when the QB-WR connection is going to be what we anticipated this year.

I don't see it happening with Mayfield. He's an average QB at best and should be a backup QB to be honest.

On 11/15/2019 at 9:40 AM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

High pick, low production. But that has been the story for several players. It's the way the cookie crumbles. Imagine the Todd Gurley owners.

Dont need to imagine when I own them both. Believe it or not Id still call OBJ a bigger bust. Gurley is at least lucking his way into TDs most weeks

Had luxury of being able to bench him a few times but firmly locked in this week over some formidable options, mia bad secondary is decimated beyond belief if he cant duplicate john brown last week then he'll be riding the pine unless it's an emergency ROS

• Like 1

I need an all out blitz to win this week. I will need a 30 burger in PPR. I hope this is the week.

Im nervous about Baker Mayfield and the distraction. But that was last Thursday. Hopefully he is locked in.

Edited by Tenner
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

200 yds/2 TD's

The Odell we've all been waiting for is coming this week.

Baker in the Kitchens cooking up a plan?

I agree it SHOULD happen. Just don't trust those clowns in Cleveland.

If not, the Browns and Baker are even more trash than I thought.

I think that people have forgotten that as much as Baker mayfield was praised last season for being a generational talent. . .

HE (and kitchens)DID NOT MAKE ANY OF HIS PASS CATCHERS CONSISTENT STUDS on a week to week basis..

He also had an unusual chemistry with Perriman and Higgins that frustrated Landry+Njoku owners.

I don't hold out much hope for OBJ this season aside from a blow up game.