NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook

Regular season is over. What an incredible bust. Closest thing I can think of is Todd Gurley in his 2nd season. 

OBJ was the worst kind of bust. He is the healthy bust. He is a guy that you just always had in your lineup. You can manage an injured bust by not starting him. OBJ never gave us that opportunity. 

He is the #23 WR who hasn’t even missed a game. Cole Beasley just passed him. OBJ is WR 35 for average points per game. Just terrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard 

Bill to Odell right now

Posted Images

[...] For O'dell it's a combo of a few things. He's probably not as elite as everyone perceived him (more one dimensional than versatile). Baker is not as good as everybody perceived. And probably most importantly, the pass blocking sucks and Jarvis Landry is better at running shorter, more precise routes that get him open quicker. I am shocked that we haven't seen more of those ODB quick slants that he always liked to take to the house in years past.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3

I think I am benching him now. Mayfields just checks to slot every down. His number one receiver is Landry. Looks for Landry every down. So I’m starting Metcalf over obj. First time I benched obj. Enough is a snuff. I need win when new season comes around. This time of year you need dogs. I’ll take an accident fumble for a guy that catches and pulls is best when his qb looks for him... vs a guy that never gets looked at.

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I can’t say but it’ll pop up soon in the media, be patient. 

Everyone knows he really wants to play in LA or SF. He wants to be in a major media market around celebs and socialites and that glamorous paparazzi lifestyle. You don't get big endorsement dollars and appearance fees playing n Cleveland

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Everyone knows he really wants to play in LA or SF. He wants to be in a major media market around celebs and socialites and that glamorous paparazzi lifestyle. You don't get big endorsement dollars and appearance fees playing n Cleveland

I agree 100% plus do you remember what he said about NY sending him to Cleveland? "you sent me here to die" does not sound like he was so thrilled after all.

18 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

People who made playoffs in spite of him...you know the week you bench him, he'll pop off for 100 yards and 2 scores.

I'm riding it out. I'm strong at the position overall and really don't have anyone on the bench who's clearly better. With that said, the matchup this week makes this an easy decision. Should I last another week, I'll have to seriously consider if I'll play him vs. Baltimore.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

He apparently wants out of Cleveland next season. Requested to the front office and they will accommodate him.

22 hours ago, kdko said:

Source?

i don't wanna live in a world where a mamaluke like Incarcerated Bob isn't "credible" ...

• Haha 1
On 12/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, iretirefromfantasy said:

I agree 100% plus do you remember what he said about NY sending him to Cleveland? "you sent me here to die" does not sound like he was so thrilled after all.

OBJ thrives in the limelight and being the biggest star 

1. He is in Cleveland there is no limelight and nonstop media coverage like NYC or LA

2. He is not the biggest star on his team now. Baker is the biggest star on the team

3. he is not the most productive WR on his team. Landry is

4. His team is not winning

5. The rapper Little Wayne is not his sidekick anymore

Most importantly in todays celebrity brand news driven world; No one is talking about him anymore because there are ZERO highlights

6 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

All he needs to do is have three big weeks and all will be forgotten. Hopefully he’s saved his best for last 

Forgotten by the few who win out but not by the many who didnt make the playoffs 🤣