Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Odell Beckham Jr. 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmaoooo this dude said Godwin for Odell 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Someone gonna break their phone screen pressing reject so hard 

Bill to Odell right now

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Jared24 said:

Is PP going to be shadowing him?

[...]

The one week we bench him tho, we all know what will happen 🤕

I thought I was golden going Can't Guard and OBJ....still in the semi's in spite of him...and like everyone says we know what will happen if we bench him...so win or lose, sadly I will ride or die.

 

Although my brain tells me I should bench for BMW or Pascal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People keep saying you know what happens if we bench him. Well he's been on my bench the last 4 weeks and it's worked out great. I'm going to have to ride with him this week though due to the passing of Ridley and Evans. Not confident at all.

Edited by WVFalcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jared24 said:

Is PP going to be shadowing him?

[...]

The one week we bench him tho, we all know what will happen 🤕

Peterson will likely be shadowing him but he isn't the shutdown cb he once was.  I think the bigger concern is Beckham's groin issue and the chance of him aggravating it.  The matchup is ideal but he hasn't done much recently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 10:25 AM, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Why wouldn't PP Shadow Landry?  Odell has been getting shutdown by some bum CBs all season. Just my opinion

My guess is PP will cover whoever becomes the hot hand. PP also has not been nearly the presence in this defense as in the recent past. ARI is flat out bad on pass D and PP is not much of a concern imo.

I also think it's a false premise that he's been "shut down by bum CBs"; my opinion is he's been shut down by an incompetent coach and QB. 

I support Beckham's apparent mission to go to a new team If/only if Kitchens is retained. If the Browns can get a decent replacement I would then hope OBJ sticks around. This offense is loaded with talent/potential and has been underutilized all year long.

Edited by SuperJoint
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2019 at 1:25 PM, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Why wouldn't PP Shadow Landry?  Odell has been getting shutdown by some bum CBs all season. Just my opinion

Landry is a slot wr, it's rare u place ur best cb on a slot wr, u want to protect the downfield big play threat not the 5yd catch.

I also think people are misinformed as to the way defenses cover, Shadowing is not a common as comments on the board make it seem. Teams play alot of zone not man to man and defenders protect their area not neccessarily a specific wr.  Shadow simply means 1 cb follows 1 wr regardless of where he lines up and the route he runs. This not common in the NFL only certain players get shadow coverage

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Landry is a slot wr, it's rare u place ur best cb on a slot wr, u want to protect the downfield big play threat not the 5yd catch.

I also think people are misinformed as to the way defenses cover, Shadowing is not a common as comments on the board make it seem. Teams play alot of zone not man to man and defenders protect their area not neccessarily a specific wr.  Shadow simply means 1 cb follows 1 wr regardless of where he lines up and the route he runs. This not common in the NFL only certain players get shadow coverage

I get that.  Could of sworn I seen Landry running tons of plays outside. Ofc the occasional slot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I get that.  Could of sworn I seen Landry running tons of plays outside. Ofc the occasional slot.  

 

I'm sure he does run a bunch of outside routes for a mismatch but I dont think defenses believe he warrants  shadow coverage. He catches balls but he doesnt beat your secondary the way a prime OBJ does

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dashoe said:

 

I'm sure he does run a bunch of outside routes for a mismatch but I dont think defenses believe he warrants  shadow coverage. He catches balls but he doesnt beat your secondary the way a prime OBJ does

 

Ironically OBJ would probably be a monster out of the slot if Kitchens were smart enough to play him there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

I'm sure he does run a bunch of outside routes for a mismatch but I dont think defenses believe he warrants  shadow coverage. He catches balls but he doesnt beat your secondary the way a prime OBJ does

But he has been and obj has not. I get what you've been saying. Im just going off of what's been going on lately. Not before this season Odell

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is @jsch08 still laughing at people for doubting this bust in this thread or has he gone away with the bust?  Been away for a bit so haven’t checked back. Guy was convinced this loser would come to light again.  Maybe in week 17 when it doesn’t matter for him or his bum armed QB.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

Is @jsch08 still laughing at people for doubting this bust in this thread or has he gone away with the bust?  Been away for a bit so haven’t checked back. Guy was convinced this loser would come to light again.  Maybe in week 17 when it doesn’t matter for him or his bum armed QB.

 

Yeesh, why the hostility?  Not healthy, bruh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kdko said:

 

Yeesh, why the hostility?  Not healthy, bruh.

Not hostility.  Came in here in early Nov and gave my opinion and was greeted with hostility.  It’s very simple this guy simply isn’t a very good football player.  It comes back to when Giants dealt him and everyone thought they got such a poor package.  Diva WRs are a thing of the past in the nfl.  Their shelf life is short.  His expired.  He’ll trot from team to team now the rest of his career with ups and downs and probably no playoff appearances unless it’s as a jock sniffer.  Randy Moss use to take plays off and not GAF about blocking on runs plays also, then he’d also scale over a DB on a 50 yard bomb and pull ball from his chest into his arms.  Beckham doesn’t have the skills of players before him to separate himself as a malcontent who plays when he wants to play.  

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Not hostility.  Came in here in early Nov and gave my opinion and was greeted with hostility.  It’s very simple this guy simply isn’t a very good football player.  It comes back to when Giants dealt him and everyone thought they got such a poor package.  Diva WRs are a thing of the past in the nfl.  Their shelf life is short.  His expired.  He’ll trot from team to team now the rest of his career with ups and downs and probably no playoff appearances unless it’s as a jock sniffer.  Randy Moss use to take plays off and not GAF about blocking on runs plays also, then he’d also scale over a DB on a 50 yard bomb and pull ball from his chest into his arms.  Beckham doesn’t have the skills of players before him to separate himself as a malcontent who plays when he wants to play.  

 

 

I don't see a bad football player. I see a poorly coached team with a HC who lacks an identity

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to point the blame at ODB because you drafted him but the real issue is Kitchens and Baker. He is an easy DND if he stays with the Browns but he will probably force his way out in the offseason. He is getting paid like a top 5 WR. Personally I wouldn't want him at 14m with the diva antics but I'm sure some team will take him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...