NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want to be rude, harsh, or anything like that. However, if you dropped Mike Evans find a different hobby. Maybe something like knittng or candle carving. 

You can't bench Mike Evans.  If you do, you might as well trade him for someone you won't bench.  I get it, he's coming off a goose egg, playing a tough match-up against a team that has limited his pr

Just rage dropped. I'll let some other fool deal with him. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jjbooda said:

Hos remaining schedule is brutal.  Will try and move him the first time he shows some life.

I don't see whats brutal about it?

CAR is in London so all bets are off on defensive advantages.

@ten is a bit rough but John brown put up 75 yards today 

@sea is rough because of location but we will see what happens 

Ari, NO are at home. @atl is a joke. @jax is whatever since their d Is not the same and it's in state 

Ind is whatever.@det is rough but Keenan already shredded. Then HOU is a joke.

Looks like a middle of the pack schedule to me. Bunch of butt hurt owners- hold

• Like 3
3 hours ago, jjbooda said:

This is not last years Saints D.  They shut out Dak who Has gone off every week but last week.  Lattimore is much improved over last year. But like a prior poster said, it is easier to count the good matchups he has than the tough ones. 

Either way can’t sell him as low he is right now.

Last year's Saints D shut down Dak too, and Lattimore had given up the most yards of any corner before this week.

Lattimore is still damn good, but he hasn't made some big jump from last year. Evans just isn't as big a deal as he used to be to this offense.

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

This week:

giphy.gif

Next week:

source.gif

Big game coming against the Kittens. Cha-Ching!

If he eats like he did in their first game vs the Panthers this year then that would be a win at this point

I lost my week by 8 points.  Have both Evans AND Howard.  8 lousy points.  Thanks for the donut Mike.  All preseason we heard how about this offense only has 3 guys to funnel the ball to.  Went all in.  Except they ONLY funnel it to ONE guy.  Incredible.  Can they spread the damn ball around.  And to make it even more frustrating Godwin is making catches with Lattimore covering him.  Looks like Evans really cared a lot too.

22 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

I lost my week by 8 points.  Have both Evans AND Howard.  8 lousy points.  Thanks for the donut Mike.  All preseason we heard how about this offense only has 3 guys to funnel the ball to.  Went all in.  Except they ONLY funnel it to ONE guy.  Incredible.  Can they spread the damn ball around.  And to make it even more frustrating Godwin is making catches with Lattimore covering him.  Looks like Evans really cared a lot too.

The godwin breakout is frustrating for Evans owners. It’s like Winston doesn’t look his way much anymore. It is strange Winston seems to have eyes for 1 guy and others disappear. Evans did have a huge game week 3 but aside from that he has taken a backseat to Godwin. Would be nice for Evans owners of Winston would look elsewhere every now and then.

evans is on my DND list from now on. I love the big games but the clunkers hurt bad.   He will lose you a week more often then he will win you a week. 

Edited by Under500Forever

Evans has a boom-or-bust nature to him which doesn't help owners much in leagues that count every yard or in points per reception leagues (0.5 ppr or PPR). For leagues that count long TDs or bonuses for 100 yards, or leagues with season-long scoring, etc. he's worth more. 

That said, I think his schedule lets up a lot after his week 7 bye. This week 6 matchup may be another bad one, as Bradberry is no slouch and matches up well vs Evans. I know none of us were thinking we were drafting a matchup-dependent player when we drafted Evans with our 2nd pick (or $40-$50 in auction, whatever your case may be), but it's reality at this point.

I would think he rebounds after the week 7 bye, I can see there being a buy-low window if he has another dud week 6 vs Bradberry, which I kind of expect. Not simply because he can't beat Bradberry, but a combination of Bradberry being a very good corner and because Winston has had it instilled in him to cut down on turnovers and alter his playstyle for TB to win more real life football games.

I fully expect teams to put their best corner on Evans every game, but I do think that Godwin balling out will neutralize defenses at least a little bit as the season wears on.

Edited by cbsholy
  • Like 1
44 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

The godwin breakout is frustrating for Evans owners. It’s like Winston doesn’t look his way much anymore. It is strange Winston seems to have eyes for 1 guy and others disappear. Evans did have a huge game week 3 but aside from that he has taken a backseat to Godwin. Would be nice for Evans owners of Winston would look elsewhere every now and then.

evans is on my DND list from now on. I love the big games but the clunkers hurt bad.   He will lose you a week more often then he will win you a week. 

The week Evans blew up Godwin was in the same spot.  I think it's more just on Winston fixating on a certain guy when the game script goes a certain way.  Both are extremely talented WR's so there's no reason both can't have good stats on the same week, but Winston has just force-fed his guy of choice for that particular week. 

Evans will have big games moving forward.  Maybe Winston will learn how to feed both of them in the same game.

This is just one of those picks you swallow and move on. Most times, you can see where you went wrong with a pick but here it’s just fantasy slapping you in the face.

- Talented WR

- Chemistry with QB

- In his prime

- New offensive minded coach

- improved offense

I’m not going to kick myself for picking him. He’s been a stud his entire career and was in a situation that wasn’t obviously pointing up. 

Evans owner here, and got the Bucs game yesterday so I watched fairly intently.  There were 2 things that stood out to me...

1. Jameis was fixiated one the half of the field with Godwin.

2. Evans kept lining up left, and Jameis kept scrambling right.

It just seemes like Jameis eyes were never directed toward Evans. My theory is that Arians is simplifying the reads for Jameis to avoid the poor decisions that may have led to Jameis' high interception rate previously.  Therefore, I expect one of these 2 WR's to eat every game, we just won't know which one ahead of time.

• Like 1

I'm not starting him any more behind Boyd, Locket, Edelman and Mclaurin in full PPR.   If AJG ever comes back, he'll be sharing WR6 duties w Diggs. 

All of these guys saying "I'm not worried" confuse me; it's week 6. They have no running game to respect, a standout #2/underneath guy and a QB/gameplan that is going to emphasize easy uncontested throws/ball security. 

Any competent defense would be smart to keep playing him the same way. He's a chess piece that eats up two defenders. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, drisser said:

I think that at the end of the season his numbers will be close to what we expected, but the consistency won't be there week to week. I'm just going to keep starting him and hope for the best.

It’s all we can do. We’ll regret it if we try to guess his down weeks and bench him. 

2 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

It’s all we can do. We’ll regret it if we try to guess his down weeks and bench him. 

Every week was down except for the giants. Last week was because of a misplayed td

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Every week was down except for the giants. Last week was because of a misplayed td

I was about to say after bradberry rd2 this week, statistically you'd really be trying to predict an "up" game. If you count 10 PPR points as good, you'd have about a 50/50 shot. Problem is the "Down" games are real, real down. No thanks.