NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want to be rude, harsh, or anything like that. However, if you dropped Mike Evans find a different hobby. Maybe something like knittng or candle carving. 

You can't bench Mike Evans.  If you do, you might as well trade him for someone you won't bench.  I get it, he's coming off a goose egg, playing a tough match-up against a team that has limited his pr

Just rage dropped. I'll let some other fool deal with him. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Brye said:

Evans is Evans as long as Winston is QB.  

So a WR1? Evans is the 9th WR right now.  Maybe I'm missing the point you were trying to make?

On 10/18/2019 at 9:58 AM, Trifecta said:

So a WR1? Evans is the 9th WR right now.  Maybe I'm missing the point you were trying to make?

He’s a low end wr1 but if he had capable qb throwing him the rock he’d be an automatic top 3 wr no doubt

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
35 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Should we expect a shadow on Evans from Malcolm Butler or Adoree Jackson this week? Anyone have thoughts on the matchup?

Is it just me or is Mike Evans the epitome of - guy who embarrasses no name CB's but gets absolutely SHUT DOWN by big name CB's? I remember watching guys like Moss and Steve Smith and even Santonio Holmes had a track record of every now and then EXPOSING a top CB like Revis or Cromartie. It seems that as soon as a top 5-10 CB matches up with Evans on man, Evans puts up a dud. 

36 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Is it just me or is Mike Evans the epitome of - guy who embarrasses no name CB's but gets absolutely SHUT DOWN by big name CB's? I remember watching guys like Moss and Steve Smith and even Santonio Holmes had a track record of every now and then EXPOSING a top CB like Revis or Cromartie. It seems that as soon as a top 5-10 CB matches up with Evans on man, Evans puts up a dud. 

Shooting from the hip here, but Evans primarily played basketball in high school and didn’t play football til his senior year. But he’s a freak athlete and monster of a man, so “no name CBs” have a lot of trouble containing him. Whereas CBs who are elite at their job know how to shut him down. I’m sure Evans has improved his route running and overall WR skills over the years to get to where he is, but he probably just doesn’t have the elite level WR skills to perform against the best CBs in the game.

Again, I don’t really know this for a fact and someone who really knows football better than me can comment on Evans’ skills as a WR. Just my thoughts. 

Edited by gufomel

Getting to the point with Evans that I can’t bench him no matter the matchup because he’s too capable of putting up WR1 numbers and I don’t have 3 better options.  So its best to stop spending time reading about him or thinking about matchups and just enjoy the triple digit yardage/multi TD games when they happen, knowing he may also kill you with a 3/35 game.  

Those of you in 3 WR leagues who have 3 legitimate better options, I envy you.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Evans is a set and forget ROS. Not sure why people panic so much on him.

They panic because he’s volatile week to week. You need to start him every game though because at the end of the season, his numbers are there and you can’t predict his great or bad weeks for the most part. Carolina was a week that many thought of benching him because of his matchup, but then he went on to catch 9 passes for 96 yards and a 2 point conversion. Play him and hope for the best each game. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

They panic because he’s volatile week to week. You need to start him every game though because at the end of the season, his numbers are there and you can’t predict his great or bad weeks for the most part. Carolina was a week that many thought of benching him because of his matchup, but then he went on to catch 9 passes for 96 yards and a 2 point conversion. Play him and hope for the best each game. 

Yep, this is how it is with almost all WRs.  Outside of Thomas, find a WR thread without some sort of "panic". Almost all WRs have down weeks. It happens and is the nature of it and it goes back years.

Julio, Hopkins, Cooper, Theilen, Diggs, OBJ, Allen, JuJu etc.  Almost all top 10 WRs drafted this year.

Note - this is going to happen next year too with almost all WRs. 

• Like 2

Can't sit the guy because the second you do you're going to get a 44 point game like week 3. Not worried about him. He's had some drops and other mishaps that have kept him from being top 5 in scoring. If he fixes that he's going to feast. 

39 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Evans is a set and forget ROS. Not sure why people panic so much on him.

10 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Yep, this is how it is with almost all WRs.  Outside of Thomas, find a WR thread without some sort of "panic". Almost all WRs have down weeks. It happens and is the nature of it and it goes back years.

Julio, Hopkins, Cooper, Theilen, Diggs, OBJ, Allen, JuJu etc.  Almost all top 10 WRs drafted this year.

Note - this is going to happen next year too with almost all WRs. 

I think at draft time people look at composite results of receivers from the previous year and then their minimum expectation is that the receiver reaches that number divisible by 16.  Then they are disappointed when the receiver has a game below that number.

To wit, I would say -

Image result for that's not how any of this works

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 10/23/2019 at 9:55 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

It’s pretty simple. Some fantasy owners are in “must win” mode already, and can’t afford another bone job should Evans christen a new “shut down corner”.

The Titans have put together an effective pass defense this year, however, I don't believe you could label any of their CBs as shutdown corners.

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I feel like people hate this guy....

Another great game. Thanks Mike ...although as a Godwin owner would like to see some balancing out 

Think people hate the inconsistency. He has 3 or 4 games like this every year that blows up his numbers

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I feel like people hate this guy....

Another great game. Thanks Mike ...although as a Godwin owner would like to see some balancing out 

I mean, if you have Godwin then it naturally balances itself out, no?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2