NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean, if you have Godwin then it naturally balances itself out, no?

Yes. You all know what I mean lol

I think the joy of owning both is that you raise your team's floor since one tends to explode and the other may have a mediocre game. Averages out to 21 points each today which anyone would want 

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want to be rude, harsh, or anything like that. However, if you dropped Mike Evans find a different hobby. Maybe something like knittng or candle carving. 

You can't bench Mike Evans.  If you do, you might as well trade him for someone you won't bench.  I get it, he's coming off a goose egg, playing a tough match-up against a team that has limited his pr

Just rage dropped. I'll let some other fool deal with him. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That's literally every elite WR except Antonio Brown going back the past few years.

That’s not true for the past.  Hopkins and Adams were super consistent.   I don’t think either one had a bust game last season.  And Hopkins for the last 2 seasons.  

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, K197040 said:

That’s not true for the past.  Hopkins and Adams were super consistent.   I don’t think either one had a bust game last season.  And Hopkins for the last 2 seasons.  

I concede "literally" for those two examples.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, K197040 said:

This year it's Michael Thomas holding those reins.

Anyways, he's been a bit boom or bust but three out of his last 4 games are basically 16, 0, 15, And 36 pts. 17 PPG average with the dud, basically elite wr1

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

That exact trade was upheld in one of my leagues a few weeks ago, so if it was sarcasm, realize there are people out there still believing Evans > Godwin

I think he was saying trade for Godwin, not trade Evans for Godwin. That way you have both to minimize the volatility of Evans.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
18 hours ago, Trifecta said:

To all the doubters:

giphy.gif

This is the post of the thread.  Please keep this at the top of each page going forward.  And to think I almost sat him...whew!  

Edited by theSPANKER
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

That exact trade was upheld in one of my leagues a few weeks ago, so if it was sarcasm, realize there are people out there still believing Evans > Godwin

Perhaps. If Evans did not have the flu or strep throat at the beginning of the season he most likely would be ahead of Godwin at this point. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story. Nobody cares about your team's record.
  • Haha 1

The matchup for Evans was better than for Godwin against the Titans.  I saw a prediction that Godwin would have more difficulty against the Titan's slot corner, one that came true.  He had the #3 toughest matchup in the slot for week 8 according to http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000001068980/article/slot-report-week-8-tyler-lockett-gets-a-boost  Evans got more targets as a result.  I think we are going to lots of shifts back and forth in the number of targets between the two, based on who's got the better matchup.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, rocket said:

The matchup for Evans was better than for Godwin against the Titans.  I saw a prediction that Godwin would have more difficulty against the Titan's slot corner, one that came true.  He had the #3 toughest matchup in the slot for week 8 according to http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/story/0ap3000001068980/article/slot-report-week-8-tyler-lockett-gets-a-boost  Evans got more targets as a result.  I think we are going to lots of shifts back and forth in the number of targets between the two, based on who's got the better matchup.

Not a problem if you own them both.  😉

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

So, all you matchup experts; Is this a Evans or a Godwin week?

Play them both and hope for the best. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, WVFalcon said:

So, all you matchup experts; Is this a Evans or a Godwin week?

I remember earlier in the year that Seattle was a relatively tough slot matchup.  Usually the outside WR's have outperformed the slot guys against Seattle.  I would think the odds are with Evans > Godwin this week.  But if Godwin gets more targets, than the volume can counterbalance that, e.g. Cooper Kupp against Seattle earlier this year (17 targets and big production). 

This video talks about Evans being the go-to WR against man-to-man and Godwin being the go-to against zone. Anyone care to say what the defenses remaining on the schedule general play?

Seahawks

Cardinals

Saints

Falcons

Jaguars

Colts

Lions

Texans

Edited by gufomel
32 minutes ago, gufomel said:

This video talks about Evans being the go-to WR against man-to-man and Godwin being the go-to against zone. Anyone care to say what the defenses remaining on the schedule general play?

Seahawks

Cardinals

Saints

Falcons

Jaguars

Colts

Lions

Texans

I don't know, but I liked the part where he said Tennessee plays a lot of zone so he predicted a Godwin week coming out of the bye haha

How have number 1 outside receivers fared against Seattle this season?  I actually don't know the answer, sorry.  I think, generally, teams have been able to pass against Seattle fairly successfully in 2019.

People were talking about dropping Evans a couple weeks ago. The dude now has three 180+ yard games on the season and his remaining schedule is:

Cardinals

Saints

Falcons

Jaguars

Colts

Lions

Texans

Oh my. 😱😱😱😱😱

Don't look now but Evans just locked down the overall #1WR ranking on the season heading into week 10.

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 3

The experts kept saying this would be a Godwin game. I don’t think anyone was benching Evans, but it goes to show that we need to stop worrying and start him every week, because it’s not possible to predict the 30 point games (or the 0 point games).

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Anybody sitting Evans is a fool. He was a stud going into the season and he's a stud now. I never sit him, I don't care the matchup. My philosophy is if I am going to lose I am doing it with my best players in my lineup.

Facts people always overreact he had 2 bad games at the beginning and the zero game and the other games were straight savage ... he is that one player you have if your down 30 points that you know it’s possible for him to bail you out 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

The experts kept saying this would be a Godwin game. I don’t think anyone was benching Evans, but it goes to show that we need to stop worrying and start him every week, because it’s not possible to predict the 30 point games (or the 0 point games).

There are no "experts" in fantasy football. No one knows your team, scoring format and league and better than you.

Putting all that to the side, Evans is a start and forget.

• Like 1