NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mike Evans 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

No lattimore hopeful for giddy up on TB... however Jameis is still hard to trust with the saints playing keep away last time. At least it's at home 

Jameis actually played okay in the first matchup; Not a ton of yardage, but no turnovers.  Godwin had a massive game... If Lattimore is out, I’d expect the production to even out.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't want to be rude, harsh, or anything like that. However, if you dropped Mike Evans find a different hobby. Maybe something like knittng or candle carving. 

You can't bench Mike Evans.  If you do, you might as well trade him for someone you won't bench.  I get it, he's coming off a goose egg, playing a tough match-up against a team that has limited his pr

Just rage dropped. I'll let some other fool deal with him. 

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Jameis actually played okay in the first matchup; Not a ton of yardage, but no turnovers.  Godwin had a massive game... If Lattimore is out, I’d expect the production to even out.

Problem was most of it was last possession garbage time td for Godwin. Saints really salted away the bucs but hoping for different results at home this time. Bucs getting two weeks in a row at home is huge 

42 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Problem was most of it was last possession garbage time td for Godwin. Saints really salted away the bucs but hoping for different results at home this time. Bucs getting two weeks in a row at home is huge 

Yeah, that’s because the Saints got a ton of pressure on Jameis (6 sacks), so the longer routes to Evans didn’t have time to develop.  Hopefully they protect him better this time.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

Yeah, that’s because the Saints got a ton of pressure on Jameis (6 sacks), so the longer routes to Evans didn’t have time to develop.  Hopefully they protect him better this time.

Tough to hang your hat on that

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Tough to hang your hat on that

At the end of the day I'm very invested in the Bucs passing game so I will be starting all of them. I just don't feel great about it if Jameis is gonna get blown up...but Lattimore being hurt is a huge trickle down effect

24 minutes ago, austin316 said:

So this is what it feelsl like when OJ has a pulse...

I wouldn't worry too much about that.  Arizona is unequivocally awful against TE's.  I would expect Evans to continue to get plenty of work in the future. 

1 minute ago, jonasdash said:

Honestly, a lot of this was on Jameis though, right?  Forcing TE usage, throwing INT's, inaccurate, etc

He had one of the worst 3rd down drops you'll ever see. He just has these lapses of losing focus...he's lucky he's as physically dominant as he is.

At least it wasn't a goose egg...but truthfully I'm trying to get out of my Bucs pieces. 

55 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

He had one of the worst 3rd down drops you'll ever see. He just has these lapses of losing focus...he's lucky he's as physically dominant as he is.

At least it wasn't a goose egg...but truthfully I'm trying to get out of my Bucs pieces. 

You must be new. Dude has had one bad game in the last two months, and you're looking to get rid of him? Tf?

• Like 1

I know I'm not the only one, but I was looking ahead at the schedule and I saw the Falcons in week 12.  I was like, yes, a really good matchup.  Oh wait, they went from dead last in the league to the '85 Bears in the last 2 weeks.  You know in this game that they are going to bum rush Winston.  Oh boy, here we go again.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Its not being negative so much towards Evans, its to Winston.

But it's not all on Winston.  Evans has dropped some key passes that were in his lap.  He missed two TDs alone (IRRC the Panthers game) one being a 75 yard TD bomb.  If hadn't missed on those opportunities, he would be the #1 WR in fantasy right now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

But it's not all on Winston.  Evans has dropped some key passes that were in his lap.  He missed two TDs alone (IRRC the Panthers game) one being a 75 yard TD bomb.  If hadn't missed on those opportunities, he would be the #1 WR in fantasy right now.

QhZGe75YcLDl.gif

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jonasdash said:

Honestly, a lot of this was on Jameis though, right?  Forcing TE usage, throwing INT's, inaccurate, etc

I think Evans could have done more to swat away the end zone pick he was targeted on. Evans was all mad at Winston for the throw, which was off, but he was in a position to knock it out and keep the offense on the field and he missed it.

7 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I think Evans could have done more to swat away the end zone pick he was targeted on. Evans was all mad at Winston for the throw, which was off, but he was in a position to knock it out and keep the offense on the field and he missed it.

Big game coming for Godwin this week. QBs are sensitive.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
Just now, FitzMagic said:

Big game coming for Godwin this week. QBs are sensitive.

I've seen Evans give up on plays, make bad drops, complain about terrible throws, display poor body language almost every week. Sometimes it's Evans fault for giving up on a play, losing interest, or simply not looking for the ball while its literally in the air heading his way. Sometimes its Winston's fault on a bad pass or not looking someones way when they're seemingly wide open. Sometimes the refs dont call a PI and Evans gets moody. What I'm trying to say is I've seen Evans look disengaged or pissed off / frustrated almost every game so far, and while he may not be happy with Winston's performance, I don't think it really has an affect on Winston. Winston seems to take what he sees as the defense giving him. As an Evans owner, I can see why Evans is frustrated at times, but at the same time he could do a lot better with his body language and mind lapses, not to mention some bad drops. I know you weren't actually being literal with the sensitive QB comment but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents since I've watched a lot of this stuff go down and it seems like at the end of the day Winston just wants to actually win and Evans does too but they both have their faults.

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

I've seen Evans give up on plays, make bad drops, complain about terrible throws, display poor body language almost every week. Sometimes it's Evans fault for giving up on a play, losing interest, or simply not looking for the ball while its literally in the air heading his way. Sometimes its Winston's fault on a bad pass or not looking someones way when they're seemingly wide open. Sometimes the refs dont call a PI and Evans gets moody. What I'm trying to say is I've seen Evans look disengaged or pissed off / frustrated almost every game so far, and while he may not be happy with Winston's performance, I don't think it really has an affect on Winston. Winston seems to take what he sees as the defense giving him. As an Evans owner, I can see why Evans is frustrated at times, but at the same time he could do a lot better with his body language and mind lapses, not to mention some bad drops. I know you weren't actually being literal with the sensitive QB comment but just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents since I've watched a lot of this stuff go down and it seems like at the end of the day Winston just wants to actually win and Evans does too but they both have their faults.

Thank you.  You stated it so very well.  They both could look in their mirror and point the finger there to help one another.

The other WRs besides Godwin has sucked too up until this recent game with Miller looking better.  Perriman(sp) has been terrible for the most part and so has Howard who was benched for causing Winston's first INT.

But Evans has way too much talent to be getting into mood swings and pouting every single game.

I love the guy but there has been too many times during games he's done Winston no favors to help his QB.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, theSPANKER said:

Thank you.  You stated it so very well.  They both could look in their mirror and point the finger there to help one another.

The other WRs besides Godwin has sucked too up until this recent game with Miller looking better.  Perriman(sp) has been terrible for the most part and so has Howard who was benched for causing Winston's first INT.

But Evans has way too much talent to be getting into mood swings and pouting every single game.

I love the guy but there has been too many times during games he's done Winston no favors to help his QB.  

I mean, when a guy has had Johnny Maziel and Jameis Winston as his QBs basically his whole adult life, maturity is probably a difficult concept to emulate.  🤣

• Like 2
On 11/18/2019 at 4:12 PM, JE7HorseGod said:

I mean, when a guy has had Johnny Maziel and Jameis Winston as his QBs basically his whole adult life, maturity is probably a difficult concept to emulate.  🤣

Evans didn’t even play football until his senior year of high school, so Manziel and Winston are basically the only QBs he’s ever had throw the ball to him. Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, gufomel said:

Evans didn’t even play football until his senior year of high school, so Manziel and Winston are basically the only QBs he’s ever had throw the ball to him. Yikes.

It is scary on a number of fronts. Imagine if Evans went to a team with some great coaching to help him get even better and play with a competent QB who also could make him better.  Scary thought.

On 11/20/2019 at 10:13 AM, Big Nate said:

It is scary on a number of fronts. Imagine if Evans went to a team with some great coaching to help him get even better and play with a competent QB who also could make him better.  Scary thought.

Only 9 years of his life playing football. He is gifted. The Man, the Myth, the Legend.