NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

Im thinking of sitting him next week too tbh. Blough had a surprisingly decent game but the Vikings are a good and well coached team and they’re going cause a lot of issues for him next week. 

Good D-Line but lousy corners that can’t match up with Golladay from a physical standpoint. I’m going to start him.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put a fork in Kenny G

pretty much this ^ plus ya never know if it's gonna be Marvin or Amendola or Hock (if FensterBlough does go off), or perhaps one of the lesser cats (second/third string WRs clicking with third st

Just got back from the future.   Took some pictures for you guys. Heads up, he has a massive game. Nobody can stop him.  

Posted Images

8 hours ago, leffe186 said:

Yeah, if you have to start him then good luck. It's really boom or bust now, with a floor of zero and a ceiling of not really all that much.

There's an interesting discussion to have over who you'd bench him for. In my case it's behind Chark, John Brown and Ronald Jones, and that might be the case ROS, sadly.

😀 Oops.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Ugh. Really thought I had reasoned this one out well. Looks like not so much. 

Congrats to those that had better sense than me I suppose. 

New 3rd string QB vs a strong defense. Logic said sit him. Anyone who didn’t just didn’t have any strong options to bench him for. Can’t kick yourself if you made the right call and just got boned by the randomness of fantasy football

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
20 minutes ago, owenmills said:

New 3rd string QB vs a strong defense. Logic said sit him. Anyone who didn’t just didn’t have any strong options to bench him for. Can’t kick yourself if you made the right call and just got boned by the randomness of fantasy football

This is why I started him 

2 hours ago, Tghetty said:

U can’t beat yourself up if you had better options... glad to see him have some big plays

yeah ... folks can "Friday Morning QB" all day here, but nothing pointed to this kid blowing up - third string qb, on the short week, only one day of reps with the 1s, vs the #4 ranked D against the pass - i'd make the same call of benching him, given those peripherals, 100% of the time 🤷‍♂️

may have been some owners who had no other choice but to plug him in - it's all roster specific, in'nit?  my two starting WRs are 'Reek and Davante, my flex is between Ingram/MGIII/Miles Sanders - now, you tell me, how would you have gone 🤔

i said on Tuesday that i'd rather have the blowup on my bench than the dud in my lineup - don't get me wrong, it stings like a mo' ... but it was a call i had to make when all was said and done - ya gotta learn to live with these anomalies - a short memory helps, time to move on to Sunday.

for those who started this beast, CONGRATS!  you're prolly on your way to a week 13 win ✌ 

Happy Hangover Day to all 🍺

For everyone acting like they made the right decision by benching Golladay, play clear attention to his game log. He has ALWAYS been a big play receiver. In other words, he only needs a few catches similar to a Brandin Cooks. He's averaging 20 YPC, that leads the league. The dude is on pace for 1,200 yards/12 TDS on 63 catches!!!!!!!  He has had one game this season with more than 6 catches! He has 10 games with 5 catches or less. People keep saying it's luck. News flash, if he keeps doing it, which he has, it's NOT luck. His QB has mattered. 

1 minute ago, Silent-Trader said:

For everyone acting like they made the right decision by benching Golladay, play clear attention to his game log. He has ALWAYS been a big play receiver. In other words, he only needs a few catches similar to a Brandin Cooks. He's averaging 20 YPC, that leads the league. The dude is on pace for 1,200 yards/12 TDS on 63 catches!!!!!!!  He has had one game this season with more than 6 catches! He has 10 games with 5 catches or less. People keep saying it's luck. News flash, if he keeps doing it, which he has, it's NOT luck. His QB has mattered. 

at this stage of the game i'm sure we're all aware of his resumé, we've seen it all year 🤷‍♂️

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, no?

i'll say it again - i make the same call 100% of the time - ya gotta live with it, and move on. 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

at this stage of the game i'm sure we're all aware of his resumé, we've seen it all year 🤷‍♂️

i'll say it again - i make the same call 100% of the time - ya gotta live with it, and move on. 

Fair enough, but I don't consider this hindsight. But agreed, we move on. It has always been a game of luck, we just try to mitigate our luck by making start/sit decisions.

7 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

That’s a joke. Anyone who played him only did it because they had weak WR options. If anyone is claiming they benched a strong option for him because they’re so smart and they had a hunch he’d catch a 75 yard TD post a screenshot.

Yes he’s a WR who makes his hay on big plays not volume but his chances of a big play were seemingly greatly diminished with a 3rd string QB making his first start vs the Bears. Fantasy football is insanely unpredictable so you live with stuff like this.

• Thanks 1

While he is a big play receiver, he had more targets and volume with Stafford under center. It made no sense to start him, and if the bears didn’t have that blown coverage, we’d be looking at a much different game. Even after this game, he only had 4 targets. 

11 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

This. Sometimes the correct decision doesn't pan out. He had two flukey catches the two previous weeks which got him about 15 points. You take those away and he was absolute trash. The situation then gets even more uncertain/worse with a third stringer taking the helm on a short week. And against the Bears no less. Sorry but nothing about that situation said anything but clear sit. 

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, owenmills said:
6 minutes ago, atdharris said:

While he is a big play receiver, he had more targets and volume with Stafford under center. It made no sense to start him, and if the bears didn’t have that blown coverage, we’d be looking at a much different game. Even after this game, he only had 4 targets. 

That’s a joke. Anyone who played him only did it because they had weak WR options. If anyone is claiming they benched a strong option for him because they’re so smart and they had a hunch he’d catch a 75 yard TD post a screenshot.

Yes he’s a WR who makes his hay on big plays not volume but his chances of a big play were seemingly greatly diminished with a 3rd string QB making his first start vs the Bears. Fantasy football is insanely unpredictable so you live with stuff like this.

He had two games this season with Stafford where he caught less than 2 passes, but no one thought about benching him then. He averaged 6.8 targets under Stafford. He's averaging 5.75  targets with the backups. That's not a big dropoff. 

3 minutes ago, Silent-Trader said:

He had two games this season with Stafford where he caught less than 2 passes, but no one thought about benching him then. He averaged 6.8 targets under Stafford. He's averaging 5.75  targets with the backups. That's not a big dropoff. 

I think the problem this week was the majority of fantasy players had never even heard of the Lion's starting QB.  It's easy to take a victory lap now, after he catches a 75 yard td on blown coverage.  I sat him for Parker, and would do so 10/10 times given the variables.  I made the (likely) wrong choice.  It happens.  

1 minute ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think the problem this week was the majority of fantasy players had never even heard of the Lion's starting QB.  It's easy to take a victory lap now, after he catches a 75 yard td on blown coverage.  I sat him for Parker, and would do so 10/10 times given the variables.  I made the (likely) wrong choice.  It happens.  

Oh, I understand people benching him. I just think his talented is underestimated. There were people talking about benching Michael Thomas when Brees went out and using their logic to justify the move. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Oh, that clearly wasn’t the tone of your initial couple posts though.

All good, it's hard to sense a tone online. I made similar statements a few weeks ago when Stafford went out in the Golladay thread; that he was extremely efficient, and what scared me the most was him keeping it up. 

We’re not questioning Golladay’s talent, it’s the QB and situation we were worried about.  Look at Juju this year.  All of the talent in the world won’t help if the QB doesn’t get you the ball.  

I went with McLaurin since, to me, they were both bad QB situations but McLaurin nearly got a few TDS these past few weeks but was overthrown.  I’ve played Golladay with Driskel up until now but this week the QB situation and matchup was enough to make me bench him.  In hindsight i obliviously wished I played Golladay. 

• Thanks 1

I benched him for Crowder in 0.5 PPR. No one could’ve predicted that blown coverage, and he was running out there with a third string QB that had never played an NFL game. If it costs me my week then so be it, but he could’ve easily had a 3 catch game without a TD. 

PLAYOFF TIME!!1!!111!

how we feelin' this week?

Driskell is now on IR, the (once chubby) kid Stafford is m.i.a.

so, here we are, once again, with young FensterBlough. 

ya feelin' it vs the Vikes?  

MJJr has a history of feasting on them savages, most notably "shutdown" über dork Xavier Rhodes 🤔

perhaps the (now) turnstile X covers our boy here?  can we really rely on more blowed up coverages? (Vikes had a couple last night).

me?

im'ma go by the ol' track adage: "if ya didn't go to the wedding, don't go to the funeral"

what say KG nation?