Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put a fork in Kenny G

pretty much this ^ plus ya never know if it's gonna be Marvin or Amendola or Hock (if FensterBlough does go off), or perhaps one of the lesser cats (second/third string WRs clicking with third st

Just got back from the future.   Took some pictures for you guys. Heads up, he has a massive game. Nobody can stop him.  

Posted Images

He's a terrifying start right now. He only had 4 targets last game, and managed to catch them all including a 75 yard TD. But that won't happen every game with a 3rd string nobody QB, the long TD or the 100% catch rate. If he'd gotten peppered with targets I'd feel a little better about starting him. That said there's no doubt he has big play TD potential every game

9 minutes ago, owenmills said:

He's a terrifying start right now. He only had 4 targets last game, and managed to catch them all including a 75 yard TD. But that won't happen every game with a 3rd string nobody QB, the long TD or the 100% catch rate. If he'd gotten peppered with targets I'd feel a little better about starting him. That said there's no doubt he has big play TD potential every game

I agree, as much as I want to play him I'm still nervous. I had him on the bench last week and that didn't feel good. Very boom or bust though.

Impossible to be confident starting him. That said, he's still put up a 13.75 average since Stafford went down. You feel like a zero could be coming any week, but I could understand the appeal of rolling the dice, particularly in a plus matchup. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sticky2 said:

I want to start him but it's a scary matchup. I don't see the same blowup happening back to back with a QB whose name I still can't seem to remember.

It’s blough. As in, this QB blows. 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Impossible to be confident starting him. That said, he's still put up a 13.75 average since Stafford went down. You feel like a zero could be coming any week, but I could understand the appeal of rolling the dice, particularly in a plus matchup. 

I agree, I won't feel confident starting Golladay, but like we've seen over the past month now with the backups, it just takes a big play or two for him to have a big day.  

I'm not that worried about Golladay until week 16 versus DEN, but if I make it that far, chances are I'll still probably play Golladay unless he really sticks from now until then.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

Well then... now I'm thinking of starting Kenny G.

Vikings have actually given up the 4th most fantasy points to wide receiver of any team this season and the game is in a dome stadium in Minnesota.  It’s a really good situation for Golladay.  The question mark is Blough

1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

Although they are more of a ground and pound team, Seattle didn't do too much through the air against Minnesota, except for one blow coverage. At home, I see MN D being pretty solid.

The Min D can be solid but they are also very breakable. I was worried starting G last week, and then right off the bat he gets a 75 yard play for a TD on a perfectly thrown deep ball by QB Blough. I literally yelled at my TV "no fraking way!" I agree with 887 above that his arm looked way better than the previous scrub QB. The thing about him this week is if your ok with his projected points which are reasonably low he just needs one play since he is a deep threat. Now, if you need him to blow up again for 20+ points, who knows. But, I'm fairly confident he will get a few deep shots and hit on at least one of them.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, timexsocialclub said:

Although they are more of a ground and pound team, Seattle didn't do too much through the air against Minnesota, except for one blow coverage. At home, I see MN D being pretty solid.

Hawks don’t have a receiver of Kenny’s caliber.  QB is better though

9 hours ago, atdharris said:

After benching him last week for Crowder lost me my game, I am not risking it again. Start your studs, regardless of who the QB is slinging it to him. 

Been trying to tell everyone this. He’s gonna eat regardless. Lions are gonna be throwing a lot just to keep up with the Vikings offense. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I’ve convinced myself. I’m firing up Kenny over Cooper and Gallup as my WR2 this week.  Hopefully Blough balls out on Sunday 

Uh, I don't know about that. Why can't you get both in there?

Edited by FitzMagic