Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put a fork in Kenny G

pretty much this ^ plus ya never know if it's gonna be Marvin or Amendola or Hock (if FensterBlough does go off), or perhaps one of the lesser cats (second/third string WRs clicking with third st

Just got back from the future.   Took some pictures for you guys. Heads up, he has a massive game. Nobody can stop him.  

Posted Images

Kenny's a no brainer start for me. Tampa's pass D is ranked #32 against WR's in fantasy - Kenny will be a target monster and eat. Tampa should put up big points against Detroit's D, so the Lions should be throwing a lot. Don't overthink it, start your stud.

9 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He didn't catch a pass until the second half last week, right? It just seems like we are asking for a goose egg here. 

was sitting at 2 pts heading into the 4th qtr, iirc

but, to his and young FensterBlough's credit, it did morph into a cool 17 spot (ppr) when it were all said and done. 

there is no questioning this kid's chops, but ... mf'ng potential for the 4 pt dagger in semis is legit. 

• Like 1

Very risky, very rewardy. At least we know that Blough is willing and able (?) to take shots downfield. Really don’t like that he is pretty much the last offensive threat standing for the Lions. Pretty easy to imagine the Bucs defensive game plan going into this one. Very torn on this one. 

13 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

He didn't catch a pass until the second half last week, right? It just seems like we are asking for a goose egg here. 

Yeah his TD was a garbage time special at the very end. The possible outcomes this week are anywhere from 0 to 30 points and I'd be shocked at neither

I understand the concern with starting him but he's managed to be quite productive without Stafford. Jones being put on IR should mean 10 targets a game. With his ability, particularly with contested balls, I'm reasonably confident rolling him out there. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Very risky, very rewardy. At least we know that Blough is willing and able (?) to take shots downfield. Really don’t like that he is pretty much the last offensive threat standing for the Lions. Pretty easy to imagine the Bucs defensive game plan going into this one. Very torn on this one. 

If you think you’re an underdog this week then definitely play Golladay. His ceiling could be huge but if he puts up a goose egg you’re probably gonna lose anyways.

31 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I do believe Blough is currently the worst starting QB in the league, but if he is throwing the ball 40+ times against Tampa Bay I think Golladay will get his.

This.  I mean, Golladay should be a lock for 10-15 targets in that game as there is really nobody else to throw to.  No idea if any of the balls will be catchable though...

12 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

This.  I mean, Golladay should be a lock for 10-15 targets in that game as there is really nobody else to throw to.  No idea if any of the balls will be catchable though...

The Thanksgiving game gave me some hope, Blough's first completion was a long TD bomb to Golladay where he as wide open as it gets.

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I do believe Blough is currently the worst starting QB in the league, but if he is throwing the ball 40+ times against Tampa Bay I think Golladay will get his.

I’ll gladly have Blough throwing the ball to Golladay over Mr. Haskins.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, jumboJET85 said:

I don’t understand how anyone can seriously consider benching him this week. Marvin Jones had a lot of red zone targets and you gotta think those will go to Golladay now 

Its just that despite how pathetic TB’s secondary has been, every ounce of defensive attention will likely be on golladay this week without Jones out there. 

The way I see it:

Probably Game score/opposition:

• Detroit has given up 19+ points in every game except for game 2, and vs Tampa they will probably give up 24+
  • Over/Under falls into that realm at 47.5 points
  • Detroit will probably get 3 TDs

QB/WR relationship:

• David Blough has thrown 38 and 40 passes in his two games, against Chicago and Minnesota.  He should throw over 40 passes this game, could easily go to 50.
  • Golladay has scored 21.80 and 11.80 non-ppr points in the two games with Blough, vs Chicago and Minnesota
  •  Tampa Bay has given up a lot of points to opposing receivers this season

What does this mean:

• Marvin Jones is out
  • I think we should see Golladay get at least 10 targets against a bad D in Tampa
  • Detroit will probably get 3 TDs, hopefully Golladay can snag one

Fantasy perspective:

I don't see how his floor isn't 5 non-ppr points this weekend, with a ceiling of 30

• Like 2
On 12/11/2019 at 2:27 PM, FinsUp24 said:

Its just that despite how pathetic TB’s secondary has been, every ounce of defensive attention will likely be on golladay this week without Jones out there. 

...and it's Blough throwing it to him, of course.

27 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

...and it's Blough throwing it to him, of course.

I watched his games. Blough has some talent. Deep ball skills for sure. Starting him for the same shat I have said last couple weeks -- he's a deep threat that just needs one play. And, he has done just that and a bit more.

1 minute ago, Blazer said:

I watched his games. Blough has some talent. Deep ball skills for sure. Starting him for the same shat I have said last couple weeks -- he's a deep threat that just needs one play. And, he has done just that and a bit more.

Yeah, I hope you're right. Weirdly, as a Browns fan, I've actually seen a fair amount of Blough in pre-season 😄