Kenny Golladay 2019 Outlook

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put a fork in Kenny G

pretty much this ^ plus ya never know if it's gonna be Marvin or Amendola or Hock (if FensterBlough does go off), or perhaps one of the lesser cats (second/third string WRs clicking with third st

Just got back from the future.   Took some pictures for you guys. Heads up, he has a massive game. Nobody can stop him.  

Posted Images

This is the first time I've looked at this thread this season and I can't believe how many people are calling him boom/bust or that he can't be trusted. He's seen at least 7 targets in every game except for 1, which is equal or better than every other WR in the league except for Thomas, Julio, and Nuk. So as far as consistency goes, so far he's shown he's one of the most reliable WRs in the league. He did have a couple bad games, but that's just the nature of the position.

• Like 2
Just now, Idoolittle said:

This is the first time I've looked at this thread this season and I can't believe how many people are calling him boom/bust or that he can't be trusted. He's seen at least 7 targets in every game except for 1, which is equal or better than every other WR in the league except for Thomas, Julio, and Nuk. So as far as consistency goes, so far he's shown he's one of the most reliable WRs in the league. He did have a couple bad games, but that's just the nature of the position.

...this being said, the reason why I am here is because this is the first time I am considering sitting him. It's less so because I don't trust him, and more so because my other high-end WR (Allen, Kirk, Gallup) have better matchups and I need to sit one of them. So I'm wondering whether the Chicago defense should be a concern this week or whether I'm just overthinking it.

Looking at other matchups where Chicago played a high-end WR (avg 10+ half-PPR pts on the season), here's the numbers that the WR put up.

Adams (week 1) = 5.60 (8 targets, 4 receptions, 36 yards)
Sanders (week 2) = 23.30 (11 targets, 9 receptions, 98 yards, 1 TD, 1 2pt)
Sutton (week 2) = 6.00 (7 targets, 4 receptions, 40 yards)
Diggs (week 4) = 14.30 (7 targets, 7 receptions, 108 yards)
Thielen (week 4) = 1.60 (6 targets, 2 receptions, 6 yards)
Thomas (week 7) = 17.60 (11 targets, 9 receptions, 131 yards)
Allen (week 8.) = 8.80 (10 targets, 7 receptions, 53 yards)
Jeffrey (week 9) = 5.60 (8 targets, 4 receptions, 36 yards)

So the average of the group is 10.35, with only 3 of the 8 surpassing the 10+ point threshold, and Sanders was the only one to find the endzone. It's also worth mentioning Thomas is the only play on this list with more points than Golladay on the season (Sutton, Diggs, and Allen would be the next closest). Which at the end of the day probably means that Golladay should still be expected to have a decent game, but may be more at the WR2 level for this week compared to the WR1 level he's been at all season.

Flat out, he's in my lineup for the rest of the season (although we start 3 WR's in my main money league). I'm glad that I traded for a him a few weeks back, as I've really needed him and he has delivered.

It will be 50/50 this week who has the bigger game between him or Marvin Jones Jr. Pick your poison Chicago, and this most definitely feels like a boom or bust game.

11 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

...this being said, the reason why I am here is because this is the first time I am considering sitting him. It's less so because I don't trust him, and more so because my other high-end WR (Allen, Kirk, Gallup) have better matchups and I need to sit one of them. So I'm wondering whether the Chicago defense should be a concern this week or whether I'm just overthinking it.

Looking at other matchups where Chicago played a high-end WR (avg 10+ half-PPR pts on the season), here's the numbers that the WR put up.

Adams (week 1) = 5.60 (8 targets, 4 receptions, 36 yards)
Sanders (week 2) = 23.30 (11 targets, 9 receptions, 98 yards, 1 TD, 1 2pt)
Sutton (week 2) = 6.00 (7 targets, 4 receptions, 40 yards)
Diggs (week 4) = 14.30 (7 targets, 7 receptions, 108 yards)
Thielen (week 4) = 1.60 (6 targets, 2 receptions, 6 yards)
Thomas (week 7) = 17.60 (11 targets, 9 receptions, 131 yards)
Allen (week 8.) = 8.80 (10 targets, 7 receptions, 53 yards)
Jeffrey (week 9) = 5.60 (8 targets, 4 receptions, 36 yards)

So the average of the group is 10.35, with only 3 of the 8 surpassing the 10+ point threshold, and Sanders was the only one to find the endzone. It's also worth mentioning Thomas is the only play on this list with more points than Golladay on the season (Sutton, Diggs, and Allen would be the next closest). Which at the end of the day probably means that Golladay should still be expected to have a decent game, but may be more at the WR2 level for this week compared to the WR1 level he's been at all season.

Benching him for Kirk does seem pretty appealing with that Swiss cheese TB defense on deck. Stafford has been playing some great football though. Definitely makes it really difficult to bench Golladay who looks more like an elite talent with each passing week. 

6 minutes ago, Randy_Rancourtt said:

Matchup proof. Stud WR1. Reading the rotworld blurbs are comical. They constantly refer to Golladay as a WR2 and Odell a WR1. 

We see it all the time. Name value. One of the fantasy shows does a Player A vs Player B comparison and it'd be something like Sutton vs Hopkins or whatever. Obviously OBJ has had truly elite seasons but this year he's a WR3. And if Golladay keeps the current pace he's gonna finish with a WR1 season. 

Stafford now nursing a "new back injury" as of yesterday/last night blurb on CBS. This is not related to his back issues of 2018 when he played with broken bones in his back & his play clearly suffered for it. Hopefully this is just game play with the injury report and Stafford's alright but ti could affect Golladay, regardless who's covering him.

Just now, wayzupusc said:

Stafford now nursing a "new back injury" as of yesterday/last night blurb on CBS. This is not related to his back issues of 2018 when he played with broken bones in his back & his play clearly suffered for it. Hopefully this is just game play with the injury report and Stafford's alright but ti could affect Golladay, regardless who's covering him.

same was reported prior to the Chiefs game, arguably his best of the season 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

same was reported prior to the Chiefs game, arguably his best of the season 🤷‍♂️

Ah, i was not aware. The guy i'm chasing is playing against the guy who has Stafford so I saw the little red plus...did not realize he'd been battling another back issue this year. Oh well...if he keeps playing as he's been playing, guess it doesn't matter much! 

6 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Benching him for Kirk does seem pretty appealing with that Swiss cheese TB defense on deck. Stafford has been playing some great football though. Definitely makes it really difficult to bench Golladay who looks more like an elite talent with each passing week. 

Yeah right now I'm probably leaning on benching Gallup, who has the Vikings this week (starting Allen, Golladay, Kirk). But it's still not a lock. We'll have to see how I feel come Sunday.

7 minutes ago, ZappB said:

If Stafford doesn’t play it looks like Jeff Driskel is the backup.  Based on his game log last year I guess he’s competent.  It’s not like the Lions are going to win with their run game. 

I thought Blough was the backup. Either way, gonna be really hard to trust KG without Stafford. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

I thought Blough was the backup. Either way, gonna be really hard to trust KG without Stafford. 

You might be right about the backup, I was looking at Yahoo's depth chart.  Unfortunately I'll probably need to play KG anyway given my other options.

23 minutes ago, ZappB said:

You might be right about the backup, I was looking at Yahoo's depth chart.  Unfortunately I'll probably need to play KG anyway given my other options.

Yup. I'm going to have to plug in a desperation play if Stafford sits. I just don't want to watch 4 quarters of practice squad level QB play. 

Might just be an optimist, but I bet Stafford ends up playing anyway. 

• Like 1

The only thing that scares me about Golladay is his efficiency, he's been too efficient. He's on pace for 70 catches, 1280 yards, and 14 TDs!!!!! He's very big play/TD dependent. His career high for receptions is 8!!!!!!!!! As an owner, I hope he can keep it up, but I have my concerns.  

Nice week to go against this guy, that's for sure. Sorry to you owners. 

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

Easy bench for me this week but I’m very worried about ROS. Fractured bones in Stafford back doesn’t sound like something one week off will fix

Agreed. I'm not sure how you can play with broken bones in your back. I feel like one wrong hit and you might be paralyzed for life.