Tarik Cohen 2019 Outlook

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now here's an idea I can get behind.

Alright, so.......after we all draft Cohen, can we rent some billboards near their practice facility with this message?   

He's no James Harden    

53 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Cohen owners...keep you tabs on rookie rb White.  

Bigger, faster...already running go routes in camp.

Just saying...

"bigger" than cohen? it's cohen's hobbit-size that helps to make him so elusive.

it's whyte with a Y, and while he was great at FAU, he's somewhat buried without a perfect storm of injuries.

i don't own any shares of cohen (disclaimer here). i think his talent will carve out a role, like it did last year. remember how chicago started with howard receiving and cohen soon took all receptions away from him? cohen is simply too slippery with the ball, potential for explosiveness too high: his ability to stop and turn and accelerate does not have a comparison on the field. while i'm not suggesting that cohen's fantasy relevance is secure with the new backfield acquisitions, his real-life role on the bears is woven into the team's success. human joystick will see touches.

tenor.gif?itemid=13048191

2 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

"bigger" than cohen? it's cohen's hobbit-size that helps to make him so elusive.

it's whyte with a Y, and while he was great at FAU, he's somewhat buried without a perfect storm of injuries.

i don't own any shares of cohen (disclaimer here). i think his talent will carve out a role, like it did last year. remember how chicago started with howard receiving and cohen soon took all receptions away from him? cohen is simply too slippery with the ball, potential for explosiveness too high: his ability to stop and turn and accelerate does not have a comparison on the field. while i'm not suggesting that cohen's fantasy relevance is secure with the new backfield acquisitions, his real-life role on the bears is woven into the team's success. human joystick will see touches.

I don't remember saying Cohen would be cut

4 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Will Cohen ever learn to hold onto the ball? I’m just a salty Howard owner from last year but f this guy and nagys boner for him. Easy dnd. Especially with Trubinsky at qb

Yes, "taking it personal" and "holding a grudge" are well known strategies and generally work well in Fantasy Football.
tenor.gif?itemid=7250472

• Like 1

Cohen will continue to be a stellar RB3 in ppr.  He's someone that should be on your bench but can be called up with confidence during byes, injuries and spot starts.  I love Cohen but wouldn't want him as my rb2. His ppr numbers from last season do support that if you need it but I agree that White will be more effective than Howard and is a great steal as a rb3 as well. I'll be getting one of the two for my bench.  

I'm going to pass on Cohen because I don't like the muddy backfield with a coach that schemes for misdirection.

Mike Davis is a relevant signing because he was the pass catching and COP rb on the Seahawks and he was very good at that role being #4 in targets on the team.  I dint think Nagy signed him to sit him and Montgomery has to get up to speed on playing in an NFL offense.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:12 PM, dashoe said:

I'm going to pass on Cohen because I don't like the muddy backfield with a coach that schemes for misdirection.

Mike Davis is a relevant signing because he was the pass catching and COP rb on the Seahawks and he was very good at that role being #4 in targets on the team.  I dint think Nagy signed him to sit him and Montgomery has to get up to speed on playing in an NFL offense.

I like the move, but Mike Davis was a classic bear predraft hedge pickup to give them flexibility during the draft in case things fell a different way.

• Like 1
On 5/5/2019 at 9:36 AM, Sack Exchange said:

Cohen probably got chewed out for that play lol. What coach encourages their players to run backwards? He’s lucky he didn’t lose yards bc that 1 defender had an easy tackle and whiffed

3 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Cohen probably got chewed out for that play lol. What coach encourages their players to run backwards? He’s lucky he didn’t lose yards bc that 1 defender had an easy tackle and whiffed

He does that quite often and it always makes me whince, but in this case it was only 2 yards, so it's not that terrible.
It's part of his game. Yes, sometimes he gets caught out, but the risk taking also often pays of big time, like it did here.

I'm not sure if I would invest in Cohen given his high risks and probable high price, but as a footbal player, man, this is the kind of kid I turn on the TV for. I love him, his positive attitude and his explosiveness.

10 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

He does that quite often and it always makes me whince, but in this case it was only 2 yards, so it's not that terrible.
It's part of his game. Yes, sometimes he gets caught out, but the risk taking also often pays of big time, like it did here.

I'm not sure if I would invest in Cohen given his high risks and probable high price, but as a footbal player, man, this is the kind of kid I turn on the TV for. I love him, his positive attitude and his explosiveness.

I’d be more of a fan if I wasn’t a salty Howard/ bears D owner last year. Between Cohen fumbling and Mitch throwing picks, bears D couldn’t catch a break. 

Cohen reminds me of a slightly worse Darren sproles though. He is pretty electric 

Special player that will have a role....But they drafted Monty for a reason with their first pick in the draft.  Nagy was quoted pining for a 3 down rb who wouldn’t tip their hand by his mere presence in the game.    Cohens fumbling sealed his fate as a COP weapon only.   

Edited by Impreza178
30 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

I’d be more of a fan if I wasn’t a salty Howard/ bears D owner last year. Between Cohen fumbling and Mitch throwing picks, bears D couldn’t catch a break. 

Cohen reminds me of a slightly worse Darren sproles though. He is pretty electric 

Why would you be salty about bears D? They were great

• Like 1
On 4/29/2019 at 3:54 AM, Boudewijn said:

Agree on White/Cohen. Brenda was ok, Drake meh, but Yeldon was after week 8 definitely not an every week start, when his usage dried up.

I think the discussion shows an interesting difference in philosophy and strategy. Do you build your team for floor, or for ceiling? I prefer my high round picks to have a high floor (safety first) and my lower round picks to have a high ceiling.

If my RB2 is say a third rounder, then I definitely want a high floor, and I side with shoe. If my RB2 ends up say a 6th rounder (through whatever strategy), most likely he will be more volatile, and I agree with you.

Agreed:

Tarik Cohen is a superb RB on a team with Andrew Luck, DeAndre Hopkins, Adam Thielen, and Zach Ertz, but he's a crappy RB on a team that isn't loaded at other positions. 

Edited by P@ckersFan
On 5/6/2019 at 1:13 AM, Panthers8912 said:

Will Cohen ever learn to hold onto the ball? I’m just a salty Howard owner from last year but f this guy and nagys boner for him. Easy dnd. Especially with Trubinsky at qb

Cohen was the most efficient RB in the league last year on a per-touch basis. If anything he deserved more touches than he got. 

30 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Why would you be salty about bears D? They were great

Lol bc im greedy and they could’ve been even better. When bears are up 2+ scores in the 4th and Mitch throws a deep ball that gets picked or instead of running the clock with Howard (who fumbled once at the goaline and then got black balled, but Cohen can lead the league in fumble rate no problem) they feed Cohen just for him to fumble. It just put bears D back on the field. The way nagy ran that offense, it’s like he had zero faith in his D being able to keep a lead

5 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Cohen was the most efficient RB in the league last year on a per-touch basis. If anything he deserved more touches than he got. 

Cohen also led all rbs in fumbles per touch (min number of carries applied) 

10 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

This is a fair point, but do we know how many of these fumbles were punt return drops vs fumbles on plays from scrimmage? 

11 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

This is a fair point, but do we know how many of these fumbles were punt return drops vs fumbles on plays from scrimmage? 

When you fumble. . you fumble for life 🤣

9 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

I do not recall him fumbling away a punt.

9 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Montgomery fumbles 1 in every 250 touches...how’s that measure up to Cohen?

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Montgomery fumbles 1 in every 250 touches...how’s that measure up to Cohen?

Apologies, I should’ve posted the actual stat. 7 fumbles in 99 carries. I have no idea how many fumbles were on carries as opposed to catches/ returns. Cohen also had 71 catches if you want to include those. 

Long story short, if Montgomery doesn’t fumble that bodes very well for him

2 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Apologies, I should’ve posted the actual stat. 7 fumbles in 99 carries. I have no idea how many fumbles were on carries as opposed to catches/ returns. Cohen also had 71 catches if you want to include those. 

Long story short, if Montgomery doesn’t fumble that bodes very well for him

9 hours ago, P@ckersFan said:

23 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I do not recall him fumbling away a punt.

2017 + 2018 = 10 fumbles for 310 touches = not pretty

5 fumbles rushing/receiving (4 rushing / 1 receiving)

5 fumbles returning punts

he's still electric. i'd say cohen will be given opportunity, but the fumble leash is shortening.