Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you’re not aware of his touchdowns.

This is how I prepare to watch Jameis play.

Posted Images

Just now, NBatum88 said:

Winston had like 12 points week 1 last year and then scored 38 in week 2.

 

Still benching him for next week but he’s not a bad hold for another week or two to see how he improves under Arians. 

 

Cam had a bad week 1 the year he won MVP too. I’d give it at least another week before dropping Jameis

Winston has proven to be too inconsistent.  We all know he can have a great game but then he can follow it up with a real stinker.  Not only that but he's missed a lot of games the last two years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, alpine said:

Do people even watch the games? OJ Howard legit volleyball tossed one up for a pick. Don't need bruce arians to "forgive him" for that one to see it wasn't his fault

 

Yea that was very weird... perhaps the Bucs offense last week was an anomaly. Hopefully tonight they don't put up a stinker

Edited by jpark211
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, alpine said:

Do people even watch the games? OJ Howard legit volleyball tossed one up for a pick. Don't need bruce arians to "forgive him" for that one to see it wasn't his fault

 

Reminds me of people hating on Eli INTs for the same reason, vollyball tipped passes, WRs running wrong routes.

Lets eat a dUBYA tonight

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this from Bobby Sylvester at Fantasy Pros.Personally I read too much of this stuff but had not thought about the flu angle and am going to roll with Winston.I might as well admit it I want confirmation to start Jameis so I have someone to watch tonightAlso I didn't realize TNF tended to be higher scoring(always thought the opposite) and don't have time to look it up.

 

Winston and the Bucs offense was sluggish last week against a mediocre 49ers defense, but much of that can be attributed to the fact that they were passing around the flu, which as you can imagine, would impact how well you can play football. Week 2 is a clean slate and while it isn’t the best matchup in the world, Winston does have the best trio of receiving weapons in Mike Evans Chris Godwin and O.J. Howard

 

. Add in the fact that Thursday games tend to be higher scoring and we should have a QB1 in fantasy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fabrini said:

Just got this from Bobby Sylvester at Fantasy Pros.Personally I read too much of this stuff but had not thought about the flu angle and am going to roll with Winston.I might as well admit it I want confirmation to start Jameis so I have someone to watch tonightAlso I didn't realize TNF tended to be higher scoring(always thought the opposite) and don't have time to look it up.

 

Winston and the Bucs offense was sluggish last week against a mediocre 49ers defense, but much of that can be attributed to the fact that they were passing around the flu, which as you can imagine, would impact how well you can play football. Week 2 is a clean slate and while it isn’t the best matchup in the world, Winston does have the best trio of receiving weapons in Mike Evans Chris Godwin and O.J. Howard

 

. Add in the fact that Thursday games tend to be higher scoring and we should have a QB1 in fantasy.

Your last line caught my eye...as many people seem to think that Thursday Night Football is terrible for fantasy. I was taking a look at all of the results from TNF 2018 and there are many good-to-great fantasy performances. Hopefully it'll work out for Winston tonight.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Your last line caught my eye...as many people seem to think that Thursday Night Football is terrible for fantasy. I was taking a look at all of the results from TNF 2018 and there are many good-to-great fantasy performances. Hopefully it'll work out for Winston tonight.

Thank you Godfather :D

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, STEVEfromLA said:

Dis I just see that right. It’s raining in NC for the game? If so I think I’ll go Josh Allen. 

They said its just passing through and should be good for kickoff. The radar just showed one area right over the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...