NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

22 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

4 games his passer rating has been above 100, twice its been below 50.

Yes the Carolina game was miserably bad but they are a top defense and they were playing in London, I’ve always been in the camp that you can’t really put much stock into what happens in London as athletes are creatures of habit and playing in London breaks almost all those habits. Winston did just fine against this defense a month ago when they played in America. 
If my QBs were Prescott or Jackson I would have no issue picking up and starting Winston.

Was my thinking too...but he's my only QB at the moment so I picked up his week 8 opponent Tannehill who i have ranked adjacently. Good luck guessing who has the better game.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you’re not aware of his touchdowns.

This is how I prepare to watch Jameis play.

Posted Images

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

He's had a pretty tough schedule too... definitely starting in plum matchups

Yeah it is so nice schedule wise. Just has to cut down on the turnovers, I don't care all that much because he continues to produce points but the coach might.

4 turnovers and still ended up the QB7 in my league this week. STUD.

Doesn't matter how many picks he throws, their only backup is an undrafted scrub who has been in the league for 6 years and has 0 (!!!) NFL passes to his name.

Keep turning the ball over and creating garbage time for yourself big fella!

57 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Saw the highlights imo he played very well. Neither of the two fumbles were his fault. The first pick was pretty terrible. The second was a desperation throw at the end. Still a top 10 option and his schedule lightens up.

I’m not giving him a pass on the last int.  It was a terrible decision and an awful throw.  

3 hours ago, K197040 said:

Did he?  Ok I guess.  I’ll take your word for it.  Was he supposed to cut in?  I only saw the play once.

Not sure but the commentator said Winston expected him to keep on running outside for the ball and he stopped short on the inside.  

Edited by theSPANKER
5 hours ago, DoYourJob said:

Still the only guy in the league that can throw 5 picks and still net you 12 points.

Cuz most guys get benched at five picks lol.

Commander Crablegs is down to his final out here soon.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Cuz most guys get benched at five picks lol.

Commander Crablegs is down to his final out here soon.

Negative Ghost Rider:

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23043/bucs-have-more-questions-than-answers-in-qb-jameis-winston

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Negative Ghost Rider:

So after the game Arians had these comments:

“Everyone is going to say ‘Jameis threw interceptions,'” Arians said after the game. “Jameis didn’t throw one damn interception that was his fault. His receivers let him down today. … He played his tail off. You can write what you want. Not one of those interceptions was his fault, and it’s a damn shame.”

https://www.espn.com/blog/tampa-bay-buccaneers/post/_/id/23043/bucs-have-more-questions-than-answers-in-qb-jameis-winston

The guy is friggin bulletproof I swear.

Jeff George reincarnate.

5 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Saw the highlights imo he played very well. Neither of the two fumbles were his fault. The first pick was pretty terrible. The second was a desperation throw at the end. Still a top 10 option and his schedule lightens up.

Receiver - Perriman, who is having an absolutely terrible year - ran the wrong route.

Was supposed to be a skinny post, Winston threw when he was supposed to make that slight break to the inside, but Perriman ran a straight go