NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jameis Winston 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you’re not aware of his touchdowns.

This is how I prepare to watch Jameis play.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

I stand by my statement that Winston is not a top 20 NFL QB. I don’t care how many yards he puts up. He puts his team in the hole every single game. Any game managing QB who gets 200 yards and limits turnovers is an upgrade for a franchise over Winston.

Absolutely agree! Like when Eli ot Tebow we’re so awful for 3 quarters & then people forget that when they kill it in garbage time

6 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Think I'm done with this dude honestly...I know he can get 20 pts with all the turnovers but the floor is just so low. Week losing stuff and good luck predicting all this stuff, right? at Atlanta next week seems like a trap game disaster the way the falcons are playing 

He threw 4 interceptions and still put up 15 fantasy points so, uh, you're wrong. No two ways about it.

So weird. Lol I’m more confident in him throwing a 30 yard TD than I am him throwing a quick 3 yard slant TD. That last drive was a six point swing. You just knew we were scrwed when they said that random receiver didn’t cross the plane.

Edited by Jrt80

When are people going to realize that real life ability and fantasy ability are two different things. Is Jameis a terrible quarterback? Probably. Do I care? Not if he keeps consistently putting up QB1 numbers. The constant turnovers are annoying but I’m willing to live with the penalties when he consistently puts up 300+ and a couple TDs. Jameis should not be an NFL starter next year, but if you’re a Jameis owner do you really care? 

• Like 1

The irony is that Jameis is the new Ryan Fitzpatrick. Throws it all over the yard and puts up gaudy yardage and TD's, but can't stop turning the ball over. Fitz would do that every where he went. I project a similar career path for Winston once he moves on from the Bucs next season.

Teams will fall in love with the potential if they can limit the turnovers. Problem is they never will be able to.

8 hours ago, affliction said:

Bucs have to move on next year 

To who?

One if his ints is a statistical injustice.  He hit OJ perfectly in stride on a cross in the middle of the field, OJ bobbled it so bad the ball went around his hip and he tried to pin it to his back, but instead he just flipped the ball up into the air and right to a defender.

Don't know about the other 3.

Only thing is, don't really see any alternatives that will be available. Still think he's the best bet

Edit: if burrow is available when they pick in the draft, that could be a good idea

Edited by SadFaceHappy
47 minutes ago, Ceco2 said:

When are people going to realize that real life ability and fantasy ability are two different things. Is Jameis a terrible quarterback? Probably. Do I care? Not if he keeps consistently putting up QB1 numbers. The constant turnovers are annoying but I’m willing to live with the penalties when he consistently puts up 300+ and a couple TDs. Jameis should not be an NFL starter next year, but if you’re a Jameis owner do you really care? 

His floor has been surprisingly good. I normally wouldn't care but after starting him when they played the Panthers made me sick to my stomach. I dropped him and refuse to ever play him again in fantasy.

7 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

To who?

One if his ints is a statistical injustice.  He hit OJ perfectly in stride on a cross in the middle of the field, OJ bobbled it so bad the ball went around his hip and he tried to pin it to his back, but instead he just flipped the ball up into the air and right to a defender.

Don't know about the other 3.

Only thing is, don't really see any alternatives that will be available. Still think he's the best bet

Edit: if burrow is available when they pick in the draft, that could be a good idea

Bengal/Dolphins won't pass on Burrow

I had that Scam Newton sucka & Jameis George going into the season thinking it was good enough...

I am now down to Jameis vs Jimmy G vs Darnold each week and will no doubt pick the wrong starter each time...

It's not like Winston doesn't have weapons to throw to...   Those alone should make him a 3 td a bunch of games type of qb..

Not once this year did I feel like I had the qb advantage going into a fantasy week vs my opponent..

He will have a couple more big stat games but does anyone trust him at this point during weeks 14-16 that he won't sink your season with a meh game in a good matchup?

The Rams game when he went nuts and got our hopes up seems like 10 years ago now..

2 minutes ago, General Gannicus said:

I had that Scam Newton sucka & Jameis George going into the season thinking it was good enough...

I am now down to Jameis vs Jimmy G vs Darnold each week and will no doubt pick the wrong starter each time...

It's not like Winston doesn't have weapons to throw to...   Those alone should make him a 3 td a bunch of games type of qb..

Not once this year did I feel like I had the qb advantage going into a fantasy week vs my opponent..

He will have a couple more big stat games but does anyone trust him at this point during weeks 14-16 that he won't sink your season with a meh game in a good matchup?

The Rams game when he went nuts and got our hopes up seems like 10 years ago now..

The matchups coming up are pretty soft so probably would roll with him against JAX, Ind, det, Houston 

At Atlanta next week is concerning but the real concern is getting benched. Yet I don't really think he'll fail in those really crappy matchups. Saints are a hard matchup no matter how you slice it. Doesn't excuse his piss poor play but yeah  

9 hours ago, devaster said:

The irony is that Jameis is the new Ryan Fitzpatrick. Throws it all over the yard and puts up gaudy yardage and TD's, but can't stop turning the ball over. Fitz would do that every where he went. I project a similar career path for Winston once he moves on from the Bucs next season.

Teams will fall in love with the potential if they can limit the turnovers. Problem is they never will be able to.

I don't know if that's a good comparison.  Fitz just made risky decisions andt it seemed like a lot of his ints were just thrown into coverage.  His WR was usually somewhere near the ball.

I can't even say if Winston's decision making is bad or not.  He's so inaccurate that it's hard to know who he had decided to throw to.

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't know if that's a good comparison.  Fitz just made risky decisions andt it seemed like a lot of his ints were just thrown into coverage.  His WR was usually somewhere near the ball.

I can't even say if Winston's decision making is bad or not.  He's so inaccurate that it's hard to know who he had decided to throw to.

Fitz forces throws. So does Winston. I think it is a good comparison, but that is just me. Fitz has bounced around from team to team and usually has one decent season before unraveling and making poor decision after poor decision. Or a stretch of some great games before he goes back to forcing throws and making poor decisions.

Just now, devaster said:

Fitz forces throws. So does Winston. I think it is a good comparison, but that is just me. Fitz has bounced around from team to team and usually has one decent season before unraveling and making poor decision after poor decision. Or a stretch of some great games before he goes back to forcing throws and making poor decisions.

Yeah...I hear you.   But plenty of Winston's non-forced throws don't go anywhere near the target.

I seriously think a lot of it has to do with his hand size. 

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Fitz is not that good but he is a decent game manager when he isn't given free reign to chuck it all over the field. Both are similar in that they are mistake prone. The difference with Winston is he was a #1 overall draft pick and he is expected to have grown by now into a good to great QB. He is likely a career backup after this season. Looking back at the draft class though it was awful and oddly enough he was one of the better players in it. 🤢🤮

• Like 1