Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Guwop said:

AB he is not. FWIW we wasn't lighting the word on fire before ben got hurt and folks were blaming Ben for his slow start so that injury excuse goes out the window. Early round bust potential here

 

I think we're way past "potential."  

The real test of this guy's talent will be if Ben gets in a full season next year with JuJu as the #1.  Not fair to write him off based on a year of Mason Rudolph.  But the signs are currently negative.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Guwop said:

AB he is not. FWIW we wasn't lighting the word on fire before ben got hurt and folks were blaming Ben for his slow start so that injury excuse goes out the window. Early round bust potential here

In his defense, in the only full game with Ben, he caught 6/8 targets for 78 yards.   Against New England.

I don't think we can say he was going to have a bust year based on that.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, K197040 said:

In his defense, in the only full game with Ben, he caught 6/8 targets for 78 yards.   Against New England.

I don't think we can say he was going to have a bust year based on that.

Almost all of his production against NE came in garbage time, gilmore locked him up for a majority of the game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 9amest said:

Almost all of his production against NE came in garbage time, gilmore locked him up for a majority of the game

It's a good point.  But the Pats this year have locked everyone down.  

And I don't care how JuJu gets his points.   Just that he gets them.   Sure, I'd rather him be so good that he can put points up on anyone.   But I never expected that from him.

Just that with Ben, I felt good that the targets would be there regardless of the game script.   

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, ThunderDan said:

Anyone see Juju's reception perception?  It's....not great.  Particularly against press coverage.  I worry about how he'll respond to the double teams now that AB is gone and JAGs around him in the receiver room.  A lot of his production was sitting in open windows in the zone that might not be so open this time around.  Assuming his slot % stays elevated, he will obviously be very, very good, but I like the guys going around him more.  Starting to think the RBs are going to be the best fantasy producers for the Steelers and Juju could disappoint folks.

Fears from August have come true.  He's just not a #1 receiver and his advanced metrics backed it up.  We all saw last night how the Steelers o is going to "function" now with Mason Rudolph...Juju is toast.  Honestly, I don't think he should be viewed as a top 40 guy going forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cautiously optimistic that better days are coming for JuJu. The Steelers didn't really need him last night and that pass play to Johnson tells me that Rudolph can at least fire it downfield when he needs to. At some point, they'll play a team that requires them to do more than pass to their RB's 75% of the game. The biggest concern I have is the ridiculous "wildcat" BS they keep trotting out there. I'm hoping that he can at least work as a WR2 for the rest of the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wonderbread said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that better days are coming for JuJu. The Steelers didn't really need him last night and that pass play to Johnson tells me that Rudolph can at least fire it downfield when he needs to. At some point, they'll play a team that requires them to do more than pass to their RB's 75% of the game. The biggest concern I have is the ridiculous "wildcat" BS they keep trotting out there. I'm hoping that he can at least work as a WR2 for the rest of the season.

 

He seems somewhat hurt as well. End of the first half he came up limping and didn't seem right for the rest of the game. On top of whatever toe issue he had from week 1. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes HIGHLY impressive numbers he has put up this year.  Full point PPR.  WR#39

All I have said here is that he IS NOT the #1 WR you drafted him to be.  He is a WR3/4 at best right now.  Maybe a high end #2 when Ben comes back.  

 

WEEK
OPP
REC
YDS
AVG
TD
TAR
CAR
YDS
TD
MISCTD
FPTS
1
@NE
6
78
13.0
0
8
0
0
0
0
7.8
2
Sea
5
84
16.8
0
8
0
0
0
0
8.4
3
@SF
3
81
27.0
1
7
0
0
0
0
14.1
4
Cin
3
15
5.0
0
4
0
0
0
0
1.5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FFdisciple said:

Yes HIGHLY impressive numbers he has put up this year.  Full point PPR.  WR#39

All I have said here is that he IS NOT the #1 WR you drafted him to be.  He is a WR3/4 at best right now.  Maybe a high end #2 when Ben comes back.  

 

WEEK
OPP
REC
YDS
AVG
TD
TAR
CAR
YDS
TD
MISCTD
FPTS
1
@NE
6
78
13.0
0
8
0
0
0
0
7.8
2
Sea
5
84
16.8
0
8
0
0
0
0
8.4
3
@SF
3
81
27.0
1
7
0
0
0
0
14.1
4
Cin
3
15
5.0
0
4
0
0
0
0
1.5

Yeah, we're all aware of your thoughts and his current stats, so..........

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FFdisciple said:

Im just pointing out that most people that drafted him thinking that they were getting %85 of AB's points are very wrong.  

I get it, but what's there to gain by discussing the fact that you were right and they were wrong? Maybe we should discuss whether there is a way to polish this turd moving forward.

Edited by wonderbread
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Rudolph has the skillset to throw downfield, but the coaches aren't letting him.  They've totally changed their offense because they don't trust him as much as they say do.  Eventually teams will catch on & they'll open it up but it'll be too late for us Juju owners.  If Juju ends up with 60-800-3 it'll be an accomplishment 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

 

This may be the most self-contradictory assemblage of verbiage since man was using cuneiform to write.  Let's look at it:

1.  "I don't really care what you think."  OK.  
2 & 3.  "I got flamed for my opinion" and "it's time for my [victory] laps."  Contrary to #1, poster talks about how much he cares about what people think and how he is taking victory laps, which are all about getting praise from said people.
4.  "I have no need to come back and gloat."  Directly contradicts #3 ("it's time for my [victory] laps") but reinforces #1.
5.  "Call me a troll.. and I will be sure [to] act like one."  Contradicts #1 by admitting that the opinion of the masses directly influences (if not controls) his behavior.

I love Rotoworld.

 

4 minutes ago, FFdisciple said:

Wow......just no response to that jibber jabber.  Have a good day!

Yeah, that's generally what happens when you get pwned in a public forum. Or at least it should be.

Edited by wonderbread
Link to post
Share on other sites

As his biggest fan and someone who drafted him in both leagues, I’m trying to trade him. Not just flat out sell him, but if I can get the right value I’m out. He’s a stud, but with a back up QB this year his floor will be way to low. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

As his biggest fan and someone who drafted him in both leagues, I’m trying to trade him. Not just flat out sell him, but if I can get the right value I’m out. He’s a stud, but with a back up QB this year his floor will be way to low. 

I think im gonna give him 1-2 more weeks... last nights game was a cakewalk with CIN not being able to stop the run. With tougher defenses lets see if Juju has some role going forward (i.e., against Baltimore this coming week)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nows not the time to sell, his value is at an all time low, at this point you might as well go down with the ship rather than sell him for some borderline waiver wire player. At least thats his value currently in my league, if theres still a believer go ahead and sell but right now we are still looking at a clear cut top option on an offense that is still trying to figure itself out. He’s going to be a bust in terms of draft position but he can still have blow up games, thats when youd be better off selling. And hey hes still doing better than Antonio Brown

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...