NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, wonderbread said:

I'm cautiously optimistic that better days are coming for JuJu. The Steelers didn't really need him last night and that pass play to Johnson tells me that Rudolph can at least fire it downfield when he needs to. At some point, they'll play a team that requires them to do more than pass to their RB's 75% of the game. The biggest concern I have is the ridiculous "wildcat" BS they keep trotting out there. I'm hoping that he can at least work as a WR2 for the rest of the season.

Is that how Thomlin works? His coaching style seems like he would have used the pathetic Bengals to build up his QB and offense as much as he could, which is bad considering he didn't trust his offense enough to do that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

1 minute ago, hoppychokes said:

Is that how Thomlin works? His coaching style seems like he would have used the pathetic Bengals to build up his QB and offense as much as he could, which is bad considering he didn't trust his offense enough to do that.

Not sure if this is a sincere question, so I'll treat it like one. The truth is, I have no idea. I'm just putting my wishful thinking out there so maybe it comes true. The thought is, this was the gameplan coming into the game, and they didn't deviate from it since their D was just crushing Cin anyway. Why risk it if you don't need the biscuit?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

Not sure if this is a sincere question, so I'll treat it like one. The truth is, I have no idea. I'm just putting my wishful thinking out there so maybe it comes true. The thought is, this was the gameplan coming into the game, and they didn't deviate from it since their D was just crushing Cin anyway. Why risk it if you don't need the biscuit?

Why risk it you say, well the season is already over for Pitt and they should be at the very least trying to entertain the fans and maybe strike gold in the process. What’s the worst that could happen. They get a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. I wouldn’t watch the Steelers unless it’s the only game on. What’s the point in watching a horses..t team. The NFL is losing fans faster than its getting new fans because it’s just not entertaining watching such boring games. 

2 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Why risk it you say, well the season is already over for Pitt and they should be at the very least trying to entertain the fans and maybe strike gold in the process. What’s the worst that could happen. They get a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. I wouldn’t watch the Steelers unless it’s the only game on. What’s the point in watching a horses..t team. The NFL is losing fans faster than its getting new fans because it’s just not entertaining watching such boring games. 

The Steelers have no first rounder for the 2020 draft. The AFC North is rather weak and they still have a shot at competing.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I don't disagree, but I think Tomlin may be feeling some pressure to win and that will have more weight in his game plan than entertaining the masses. I'm hoping that getting a win under the belt will give them the confidence to risk it a little more moving forward. My comment was specific to last night's game, not the season as a whole.

Edited by wonderbread
44 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

I don't disagree, but I think Tomlin may be feeling some pressure to win and that will have more weight in his game plan than entertaining the masses. I'm hoping that getting a win under the belt will give them the confidence to risk it a little more moving forward. My comment was specific to last night's game, not the season as a whole.

They just traded for a defensive player.  They want to shock the world and win the division.  It's only 1/4 of the season, long way to go.

Rudolph threw it all over the lot in college and at some point PItt will have to take shots down field. The Bengals are hot trash so Tomlin was able to play that rinky dink BS all game and dominate. 

Can't sell for pennies on dollar, hold and pray here. 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, seans122 said:

i may of overreacted but traded juju/ Breida for  Nuk

Depending on your RB situation, I would've done that trade if I were you. Nuk is oozing point potential. Juju is just oozing right now.

You'd think they would really want to get JuJu more involved. Unfortunately, since he's still a young guy we may not quite get the "squeaky wheel" scenario you'd have with more experienced WRs. If you did this to an actual WR1 they'd be in the coach and QBs ear all week about target opportunities.

17 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

You'd think they would really want to get JuJu more involved. Unfortunately, since he's still a young guy we may not quite get the "squeaky wheel" scenario you'd have with more experienced WRs. If you did this to an actual WR1 they'd be in the coach and QBs ear all week about target opportunities.

I think he's a pretty laid back dude.  

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I don’t think he needs to get vocal about it. The gameplan against the bengals, in my opinion, was obviously to exploit their horrendous linebackers. It was all misdirection, jets sweeps, power runs, and passes to the running backs. Against a faster more athletic ravens team I think we see a more traditional offense this week. 

On 9/30/2019 at 10:25 PM, babyfaceassasin said:

He was bad with Ben as qb as well. Gotta face facts and take the L if you drafted him

He played 5 quarters with Ben , with 4 of those coming against the best secondary in football.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Are you saying that he is in fact a WR1 and top 10 receiver?? 

Is this redundant or are you talking about different leagues? WR1 usually means top 12 WR in 12 teamers, top 10 in 10 teamers, and so on.

19 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t think he needs to get vocal about it. The gameplan against the bengals, in my opinion, was obviously to exploit their horrendous linebackers. It was all misdirection, jets sweeps, power runs, and passes to the running backs. Against a faster more athletic ravens team I think we see a more traditional offense this week. 

I do think there is some truth to this in that they had a gameplan coming into the game and were not going to veer away from it. 

8 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Are you saying that he is in fact a WR1 and top 10 receiver?? 

I’m saying it’s not his fault that he isn’t. And the fact that idiots on here are using a 5 quarter sample size to say he was going to be this bad with Ben is absolute garbage.

13 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Ravens fan here and even though our defense blows, what Marlon Humphrey did to OBJ last week isn't even legal in some states, so I'm sitting JuJu this week. 

Lol he’s gonna regret tryna manhandle juju like that. Odell is mentally soft. Juju might throw him out the club. 

• Like 2