NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

26 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Probably when he proposed to a kicking net. 

Lmaoooo this guy must’ve just started watching football this year hahahah. Odell is a mega talent but dude has had some of the best meltdowns I’ve seen. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

Took a flyer on this kid via trade.  I'll admit my hopes aren't all that high but he should at least be a low end WR2 to WR3 moving forward with the possibility of being more should Rudolph & the OC get more comfortable and start taking more shots downfield.  The red flags are everywhere which is why I avoided him in the draft but he was virtually free.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

Took a flyer on this kid via trade.  I'll admit my hopes aren't all that high but he should at least be a low end WR2 to WR3 moving forward with the possibility of being more should Rudolph & the OC get more comfortable and start taking more shots downfield.  The red flags are everywhere which is why I avoided him in the draft but he was virtually free.

The red flags in the draft are completely different then the red flags now. 

• Like 5

I'm laughing because he got selected 1/7 in my league. That's why I'm laughing. Where was he actually being drafted? He was easily a second rounder, imo. The problem in Pittsburgh wasn't even Ben or the current situation, it was not having a #2. Moncrief busted. Maybe DJ will be that guy? I don't know. James Washington hasn't done anything. It's just a dumpster fire and nobody knew it would be this bad. Until they figure it out and open up that offense we can just call him John Sherman, because he has no ju-ju.

• Thanks 2

I didn’t start him last week and don’t think I can use him this week either. The Steelers are becoming one of the most boring and predictable teams this year. There is no imagination or creativity on that offense. Maybe someone needs to require the OC and HC to play some Madden and explore some new options to move the ball. They just look stuck in yesteryear and with a bottom 5 QB JuJu has very little chance to be what he was. Sanu is going to double JuJus production ROS. Huge fall from grace.. nothing JuJu can do about it. Not fake news!

6 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I didn’t start him last week and don’t think I can use him this week either. The Steelers are becoming one of the most boring and predictable teams this year. There is no imagination or creativity on that offense. Maybe someone needs to require the OC and HC to play some Madden and explore some new options to move the ball. They just look stuck in yesteryear and with a bottom 5 QB JuJu has very little chance to be what he was. Sanu is going to double JuJus production ROS. Huge fall from grace.. nothing JuJu can do about it. Not fake news!

i totally disagree about the offense/coaching from Monday night, to wit ...

you will find no bigger Marble Mouf Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Mooosh Mouth Mike") basher than me ... but - i thought that was a genius turn of script they busted out vs the Bungles -  gold, Jerry ... GOLD!!!1!11!1!

now opposing defenses need to prepare for that wildcat, and it was lethal on Monday .... sure it was just the lowly Bangles, but that's the genius of it ... it was like a scrimmage/practice to test out the new wrinkle(s), and it accomplished what they set out for - to bleed an inferior opponent to death by paper cut (save for the Diontae toss, which was the perfectly timed dagger).

this is not an explosive nor potent offense by any stretch ... so Moosh Mouf and the OC crafted a gameplan to occupy future defensive coordinators and CS - ergo, a brilliant stroke from a CS that i usually clobber as being barely above Pop Warner level. 

does this mean the tide turns for JJS?  well, the more attention defenses have to pay to the los the more it loosens up the back end ... better days are coming. 

enough better days to deliver handsome r.o.i. on his draft capital? prolly not - but the boom game(s) are awaiting. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you will find no bigger Marble Mouf Mike (aka "Teflon Tomlin", aka "Mooosh Mouth Mike") basher than me ... but - i thought that was a genius turn of script they busted out vs the Bungles -  gold, Jerry ... GOLD!!!1!11!1!

now opposing defenses need to prepare for that wildcat, and it was lethal on Monday .... sure it was just the lowly Bangles, but that's the genius of it ... it was like a scrimmage/practice to test out the new wrinkle(s), and it accomplished what they set out for - to bleed an inferior opponent to death by paper cut (save for the Diontae toss, which was the perfectly timed dagger).

this is not an explosive nor potent offense by any stretch ... so Moosh Mouf and the OC crafted a gameplan to occupy future defensive coordinators and CS - ergo, a brilliant stroke from a CS that i usually clobber as being barely above Pop Warner level. 

does this mean the tide turns for JJS?  well, the more attention defenses have to pay to the los the more it loosens up the back end ... better days are coming. 

enough better days to deliver handsome r.o.i. on his draft capital? prolly not - but the boom game(s) are awaiting. 

Cool synopsis but hard to polish this turd.

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Thanks for your insightful input. I’ll respectfully disagree and say other teams are laughing and hoping they try to use the wildcat against them. I see quite a few 3rd and longs if they try the wildcat. Not to mention a few pick 6s. Stop the run and bracket JuJu and get a 3 n out.  

Just now, Krambone said:

Thanks for your insightful input. I’ll respectfully disagree and say other teams are laughing and hoping they try to use the wildcat against them. I see quite a few 3rd and longs if they try the wildcat. Not to mention a few pick 6s. Stop the run and bracket JuJu and get a 3 n out.  

👍

i'm not necessarily saying they'll be emplying the wildcat so heavily going forward... hell, we may not even see it Sunday. 

what i was trying to say is that it lulls opponents to sleep vs the passing game - concentrating on that WC wrinkle takes away prep from other areas. 

this week will be a yuuuuuge tell on what we have for the foreseeable future ... i think this turns in a positive way. 

gl to all. 

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Krambone said:

I don't think he is necessarily saying they will be running the Wildcat a la 07 Dolphins. He is simply saying, now that there is tape out there on it, teams have to prepare for it now. If anything it creates a little more game play, and potential wrinkles off of the Wildcat. I'm not saying it's gonna work, but I respect the hell out of them trying something new. 

• Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

Yeah i am laughing at the people saying I told you so. Like we knew Big Ben would get injured second game in the season.

Big Ben getting injured is a risk that should have been considered.  He's old, he gets hit harder than a lot of the QBs in the game because he's so difficult to take down, his freelance style which extend plays opens him up to more frequent hits, etc.  It always grinds my gears when people say nobody knew a guy would get injured.  Some players are just more susceptible to injury than others, and that is something that should be factored in to everyone.  Yeah nobody knows the specific date, but its not a surprise with a lot of guys.  See Damien Williams being thrust into a lead role when he never had more than 73 touches in 5 seasons ….

Rothlisberger, if he were 25 years old probably would have had a much higher ADP, so that risk was factored into his ADP, it just wasn't considered with Juju, which I think was the mistake because his ADP was reflecting Antonio Brown's production and that was already a bit of a stretch.  With how the Steelers will have to win games with Rudolph (Defense, run game, wildcat, safe passes) I see no way how JuJu ends up a top 20 WR at year end in his current situation.  I disagree with the assessment that it was a Bengals oriented gameplan, I don't think Tomlin is like Belichick coming up with specific gameplans for opponents, I think he's a hardo who tries to force his strength on an opponent, inevitably to his own detriment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

I don't think he is necessarily saying they will be running the Wildcat a la 07 Dolphins. He is simply saying, now that there is tape out there on it, teams have to prepare for it now. If anything it creates a little more game play, and potential wrinkles off of the Wildcat. I'm not saying it's gonna work, but I respect the hell out of them trying something new. 

Very cool, how about we see some tape of them throwing more than 3 yards downfield.  

Just now, Krambone said:

Very cool, how about we see some tape of them throwing more than 3 yards downfield.  

aaaand that kinda solidifies the point i was trying to make ... smoke and mirrors and widcat on Monday, open up the passing game on Sunday when it's least expected/respected - zig when they preparing for you to zag.

huge game upcoming to evaluate where this all stands ... i'd reserve judgement 'til afterwards. 

31 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

aaaand that kinda solidifies the point i was trying to make ... smoke and mirrors and widcat on Monday, open up the passing game on Sunday when it's least expected/respected - zig when they preparing for you to zag.

huge game upcoming to evaluate where this all stands ... i'd reserve judgement 'til afterwards. 

I hope you're right. Was seriously contemplating benching him. But i'll start him one more work. Steelers won't be able to do what they did against the bengals. Just won't happen against the ravens.

My big question is whether Humphrey will cover JuJu.   Humphrey shut down OBJ last week and has only allowed 9 receptions (80 yards) over 4 games.   Does he always cover the other team's best WR?  Or do they have someone else who is dedicated to the slot?  

Just now, K197040 said:

My big question is whether Humphrey will cover JuJu.   Humphrey shut down OBJ last week and has only allowed 9 receptions (80 yards) over 4 games.   Does he always cover the other team's best WR?  Or do they have someone else who is dedicated to the slot?  

He shadowed Watkins and OBJ. If he shadows JuJu expect 3 catches for 31 yards.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Big Ben getting injured is a risk that should have been considered.  He's old, he gets hit harder than a lot of the QBs in the game because he's so difficult to take down, his freelance style which extend plays opens him up to more frequent hits, etc.  It always grinds my gears when people say nobody knew a guy would get injured.  Some players are just more susceptible to injury than others, and that is something that should be factored in to everyone. 

He also barely gets sacked so this is a pretty bad take in my opinion. He wasn’t even touched on his injury. Freak accident. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

He also barely gets sacked so this is a pretty bad take in my opinion. He wasn’t even touched on his injury. Freak accident. 

Agreed.  Down rating JuJu based on Big Ben getting knocked out for the season is rear mirror stuff now. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

He weighs like 300 pounds, which is the only reason he isn't sacked more, he's a tank to bring down and his success is often off schedule with broken plays.  Tom Brady plays dead prior to being sacked or if a play breaks down.  Which two are more likely to be injured?  It's all actuary math.  You calculate the risk of a guy not being available, you don't predict the exact nature of his unavailability.  Just like an insurance company doesn't predict the tree that will fall through your roof or the day your basement will flood.  They are all freak accidents that are baked into the cost.