NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

I'd be way more stoked about him in a keeper or dynasty than my prized re-draft league.

I still have optimism for this year. Nope, he ain't returning that 2nd round value, but maybe in a few weeks when Rudolph gets more settled, Johnson contributes and his toe is feeling better, he can be a ~WR2. I'm not sold on it, but I'm hoping and given his talent, it's not blind hope. Plus, JuJu typically doesn't eat on downfield throws, he's a YAC guy. A quick hitting offense could be good for him.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, aapox said:

Plus, JuJu typically doesn't eat on downfield throws, he's a YAC guy. A quick hitting offense could be good for him.

agreed on that, i always felt his his best comparision model was Michael Thomas - not too shabby a cat to have a similar game to. 

PS- dunno wtf happened with the font size on the post quote ... like, gargantuan and stuff. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

He weighs like 300 pounds, which is the only reason he isn't sacked more  

It probably has nothing to do with one of the best pass protecting lines in football, so much more to do with him being “300” pounds lol. 

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

Ben’s injury was non contact, what does that have to do with him being 300 pounds? Lol. 

Christ, dude, we're going in circles.  It's actuary math, you assess peoples risk of not being available, you don't predict the nature and exact timing of the injury.  A near 40 year old QB who weighs 300 pounds, is always nursing a minor injury, and takes savage hits trying to extend plays comes with added risk.  He doesn't take care of his body.  Brady does.  It literally doesn't matter what he ends up missing games for.  His risk of missing games was extremely high.

13 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Christ, dude, we're going in circles.  It's actuary math, you assess peoples risk of not being available, you don't predict the nature and exact timing of the injury.  A near 40 year old QB who weighs 300 pounds, is always nursing a minor injury, and takes savage hits trying to extend plays comes with added risk.  He doesn't take care of his body.  Brady does.  It literally doesn't matter what he ends up missing games for.  His risk of missing games was extremely high.

Ben barely gets hit though. I haven’t seen him take a savage hit in years. You must be talking about 2008 Big Ben. I would think a 42 year old Brady would have a higher injury risk than a 37 year old Ben who is in the best shape of his life. 

Every play can be a season ending injury for anyone on the field and sometimes on the sidelines. It’s a tough sport played by mostly tough guys. I have seen dozens of non contact injuries over the years too. Just look at how JuJu hurt his foot/toe on a meaningless play in week 1. Every play is a risk. JuJu I need you to demand the ball! 

44 minutes ago, Krambone said:

Every play can be a season ending injury for anyone on the field and sometimes on the sidelines. It’s a tough sport played by mostly tough guys. I have seen dozens of non contact injuries over the years too. Just look at how JuJu hurt his foot/toe on a meaningless play in week 1. Every play is a risk. JuJu I need you to demand the ball! 

Rudolph says he’s going to get his playmakers the ball. I’m just hesitant to play him, but debating as I need 3 WR’s.

3 minutes ago, mjb said:

Rudolph says he’s going to get his playmakers the ball. I’m just hesitant to play him, but debating as I need 3 WR’s.

He will avoid Humphrey for the most part, I don’t love the start this week but he might away with a 7/60 kinda line. 

20 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

He weighs like 300 pounds, which is the only reason he isn't sacked more, he's a tank to bring down and his success is often off schedule with broken plays.  Tom Brady plays dead prior to being sacked or if a play breaks down.  Which two are more likely to be injured?  It's all actuary math.  You calculate the risk of a guy not being available, you don't predict the exact nature of his unavailability.  Just like an insurance company doesn't predict the tree that will fall through your roof or the day your basement will flood.  They are all freak accidents that are baked into the cost. 

Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember Ben being injury prone. Even checking his past injuries, he didn’t miss much time in his career. 

Mason Rudolph wants to get JuJu Smith-Schuster more involved after only looking to him four times in Monday night's win over Cincinnati.

Advice: Smith-Schuster drew fewer targets than teammates James Conner, Diontae Johnson and Jaylen Samuels while playing through a nagging toe injury in Week 4. While the Steelers didn't need JuJu to beat the lowly Bengals, that won't be the case going forward. "Got to get the ball to your best players and that’s something you look forward to every week in the gameplan, so it’s just an emphasis on my end," remarked Rudolph, who praised Johnson and others for stepping up with JuJu hurting in Week 4. Despite not practicing yet this week, Smith-Schuster is fully expected to suit up Sunday against Baltimore.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001061858/article/rudolph-targeting-juju-smithschuster-an-emphasis

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

heavy rain in the forecast for Sunday ... might be time to pluck the Stillers or Ratbirds D off the wire if available.

ymmv, of course ...

🌧

Everywhere I've seen it's only 10-15% chance of rain throughout the game, maybe more of a chance towards the tail end of the 4th quarter. Not sure about HEAVY rain, something to monitor closer to game day.

2 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Everywhere I've seen it's only 10-15% chance of rain throughout the game, maybe more of a chance towards the tail end of the 4th quarter. Not sure about HEAVY rain, something to monitor closer to game day.

meh, just passing along the info from CBS ... got JSS in one leeg, Diontae in anuddah ... weather icon thingy portends heavy rain. 

now, rain, in and of itself, is usually negligible, so far as if the wind is manageable - but something along the lines of deluge/torrential chucks a whole new paint job on things. 

i think JuJu is dicey enuff, what with the toe and all ... toss buckets of agua into the equation and we gots a conundrum.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i think JuJu is dicey enuff, what with the toe and all ... toss buckets of agua into the equation and we gots a conundrum.

The only conundrum is if he belongs on the bench or the waiver wire. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

meh, just passing along the info from CBS ... got JSS in one leeg, Diontae in anuddah ... weather icon thingy portends heavy rain. 

now, rain, in and of itself, is usually negligible, so far as if the wind is manageable - but something along the lines of deluge/torrential chucks a whole new paint job on things. 

Yeah I'm hoping Mason sticks to his words and feeds the ball to his best WR and the rain holds off until after the game.

I really do believe JuJu will perform well the rest of the season. Last week Steelers needed a win bad and Cincy is awful defending the run, so Steelers took advantage.  Plus Mason will get more comfortable as the season progresses. Not to worried ... yet.

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

The only conundrum is if he belongs on the bench or the waiver wire. 

You can't waive JuJu 4-5 games into the season.  He was a late 1st-early 2nd round draft pick in many leagues.  I would bench him this week if you have a better option but don't waive him.

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

You can't waive JuJu 4-5 games into the season.  He was a late 1st-early 2nd round draft pick in many leagues.  I would bench him this week if you have a better option but don't waive him.

It was a joke, I would never drop him. That’s my dude. He’s going to erupt here shortly. Or so I keep telling myself. 

• Like 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

JuJu Smith-Schuster calls himself questionable for Sunday

Posted by Josh Alper on October 4, 2019, 12:53 PM EDT

Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph said this week that he is emphasizing getting the ball to wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster after a quiet Week Four, but it remains up in the air whether Smith-Schuster will be there to catch the ball against the Ravens.

Smith-Schuster did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday and told reporters after Friday’s session that he was able to do the bare minimum at the final workout of the week. As a result, Smith-Schuster declared himself questionable to play this weekend.

The Steelers haven’t issued an official injury report for this weekend, but it’s hard to imagine they come up with a different designation given the wideout’s lack of work this week.

• Thanks 2
9 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph said this week that he is emphasizing getting the ball to wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster after a quiet Week Four, but it remains up in the air whether Smith-Schuster will be there to catch the ball against the Ravens.

Smith-Schuster did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday and told reporters after Friday’s session that he was able to do the bare minimum at the final workout of the week. As a result, Smith-Schuster declared himself questionable to play this weekend.

The Steelers haven’t issued an official injury report for this weekend, but it’s hard to imagine they come up with a different designation given the wideout’s lack of work this week.

Thanks for the heads up. He’s on my bench for the second week in a row. Looks like Deebo going to Deebo the Browns for me. 

15 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

It looks like Curtis Samuel will be in my lineup this week in his place.  I can't afford another mediocre game from him.