NBC Sports Edge Forums

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then take your casual racism back to the baseball forum.

Yeah, and it rhymes with duck. 

Not this again with the eating.  Got a long break from this type of verbiage in the baseball forum.  I almost forgot that people talk like this.  I suppose that football just attracts a different cali

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Yeah, that's really weird. I dunno how a guy with a "full practice" tag can also have a "Q" tag. They're probably just hedging in case he has a setback or something. I'd imagine he plays.

“Q” is the least severe tag there is.

2 hours ago, wahl35 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

JuJu Smith-Schuster calls himself questionable for Sunday

Posted by Josh Alper on October 4, 2019, 12:53 PM EDT

Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph said this week that he is emphasizing getting the ball to wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster after a quiet Week Four, but it remains up in the air whether Smith-Schuster will be there to catch the ball against the Ravens.

Smith-Schuster did not practice on Wednesday or Thursday and told reporters after Friday’s session that he was able to do the bare minimum at the final workout of the week. As a result, Smith-Schuster declared himself questionable to play this weekend.

The Steelers haven’t issued an official injury report for this weekend, but it’s hard to imagine they come up with a different designation given the wideout’s lack of work this week.

Thanks officially benched until he's able to do "Something."

13 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Will Humphrey be on him this week?

It’s uncertain but quite possibly. I think if you have a decent other option you go there, but I also think it’s not gonna be worse than last week moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

On my bench until further notice. As an idea, I'm starting MVS And John Brown (yikes) over him. He's been plain terrible. 

Starting Ridley and sanders over him. I just can’t right now especially with this toe thing. Drafted adams and juju as my first two picks. My stupid players can’t keep their toes healthy 

Not confident at all especially with this toe injury and I am not sure if i care enough to see how he performs during warm ups. I will play someone like DJ Moore or Breida over him. What a complete disaster so far....I'll look in the diggs thread to make me feel somewhat better.

15 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

On my bench until further notice. As an idea, I'm starting MVS And John Brown (yikes) over him. He's been plain terrible. 

You mean a WR who can't win on the outside and no longer has a top-5 all time WR and a HOF QB to hide his weaknesses is now demonstrating he's one of the most overrated players in the league? Shocking.

giphy.gif

51 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You mean a WR who can't win on the outside and no longer has a top-5 all time WR and a HOF QB to hide his weaknesses is now demonstrating he's one of the most overrated players in the league? Shocking.

giphy.gif

Thats a ludicrious statement.  Football is a team game.  A sequence of 2 or 3 events must synchronize for succesful plays to develop.  Hopkins struggling is a result of a bad o line.  Not saying JuJu is great.  But look up stats of any great wr in games where a backup qb is throwing them a ball.

2 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

Thats a ludicrious statement.  Football is a team game.  A sequence of 2 or 3 events must synchronize for succesful plays to develop.  Hopkins struggling is a result of a bad o line.  Not saying JuJu is great.  But look up stats of any great wr in games where a backup qb is throwing them a ball.

Yeah -- Davante Adams 2 years ago was a WR1 with Brett Hundley throwing him the ball.  Hopkins was producing at a WR1 rate with Tom Savage as his QB.  THOSE are great WRs.  Not Juju.

Unless they're a true stud I always hate starting players that are game time decisions. Feels like I'm just asking for a 2 point game.

Juju makes me especially nervous with the possibility of being banged up being followed by Humphrey. I probably end up benching him. 

5 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Yeah -- Davante Adams 2 years ago was a WR1 with Brett Hundley throwing him the ball.  Hopkins was producing at a WR1 rate with Tom Savage as his QB.  THOSE are great WRs.  Not Juju.

... and let's not forget the terrific triumvirate of Weedon/Hoyer/Campbell (THREE palookas) who chucked it to Gordon during that insane 2013 season.