Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tennessee Titans 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

Titans defense is a sleeper in my book this upcoming season. Orakpo retired but they have some young studs like Browns, Evans, Landry, Casey. They had no pass rush but that was due to their lack of talent. Titans GM has done an amazing job the last two drafts, Im looking for the Titans to draft atleast a good pass rusher to help Landry/Casey take this defense to another level.

 

As far as offense goes it all starts with Mariota, Henry, and possibly Davis. Their all young guys and its about time they break out. It all comes down to Mariotas health, if he can stay healthy they have potenial to put up good fantasy numbers

Edited by cashvillesent
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

Mariota, Henry, and possibly Davis. Their all young guys and its about time they break out

 

This is the 3rd  year I hear this. 

I've been a Henry owner last year and a Davis owner for 3 years now.

It has been a disaster every year.

I'm not saying the breakout won't happen, but it will be without me this year.

 

As I'm an IDP guy, I mostly only care for Byard, Brown and Casey.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Titans should cut Dion Lewis and sign Mark Ingram for the same amount of money. 

 

Bring in a backup QB that you can plug in when Mariota gets hurt, not Gabbert. Foles or Flacco probably want to start somewhere but someone like that would be great.

 

Keep drafting OL, can't go wrong there.

 

Sign Jamison Crowder from Washington.

 

Draft OL and Defensive help.

 

If Mariota sucks in his contract year then gear up to draft a QB in 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Titans should cut Dion Lewis and sign Mark Ingram for the same amount of money. 

 

Bring in a backup QB that you can plug in when Mariota gets hurt, not Gabbert. Foles or Flacco probably want to start somewhere but someone like that would be great.

 

Keep drafting OL, can't go wrong there.

 

Sign Jamison Crowder from Washington.

 

Draft OL and Defensive help.

 

If Mariota sucks in his contract year then gear up to draft a QB in 2020.

Titans should pair Henry with a back like Cohen Duke or Hines imo. And go after a reliable high volume slot guy in the mold of Baldwin Edelman or Landry to pair with Davis. Don’t know if Taywan Taylor is up to it but he has some potential there. If Walker can come back and be himself at all(I don’t know the prognosis or his thoughts on retirement), then that coupled with the above moves would allow them to actually consistently have options and ability to get first downs. Right now if Henry or Davis isn’t doing it they aren’t even able to stay on the field on O

Edited by elroypedro
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Titans should pair Henry with a back like Cohen Duke or Hines imo. And go after a reliable high volume slot guy in the mold of Baldwin Edelman or Landry to pair with Davis. Don’t know if Taywan Taylor is up to it but he has some potential there. If Walker can come back and be himself at all(I don’t know the prognosis or his thoughts on retirement), then that coupled with the above moves would allow them to actually consistently have options and ability to get first downs. Right now if Henry or Davis isn’t doing it they aren’t even able to stay on the field on O

Don't they have a back like Hines/cohen in Lewis?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Titans should cut Dion Lewis and sign Mark Ingram for the same amount of money. 

Makes absolutely no sense. Lewis offers something much different from Henry. While Ingram and Henry don't have the same play style, they're still both somewhat similar. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Makes absolutely no sense. Lewis offers something much different from Henry. While Ingram and Henry don't have the same play style, they're still both somewhat similar. 

 

Ingram can catch and pass block.

 

Perfect compliment to Henry in my opinion. You don't have to have a scat back to be successful. 

 

Dion Lewis was hot garbage this year so I see no reason why Titans wouldn't want to upgrade and Ingram would be a nice compliment to Henry cause he can pass block, catch, and run between the tackles.

 

Of course this is just my opinion.

 

The very least they could do is get a good backup RB to compliment Henry

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Makes absolutely no sense. Lewis offers something much different from Henry. While Ingram and Henry don't have the same play style, they're still both somewhat similar. 

 

Imagine if in an alternative reality ingram+ henry were both on the field every down, which one would the defense focus on stopping knowing a run play is going to be called. . .:lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Don't they have a back like Hines/cohen in Lewis?

Nooooo. Lewis is absolutely not in that mold. Pretty good pass catcher and third down back but much more in the mold of a traditional back than Cohen and Hines.

 

In his 6 years in the league he barely has more catches than Cohen has in 2. In NE and Phi, where he started his career, he never had more than 36 catches. Given the chance to be a pass catcher this year, and it was a failed experiment. He averaged 3.3 YPC and 6.8 YPR. Cohen averaged 4.5 and 10.2.

 

Plus he is now 28. Cohen is 23. Hines was 21 for the majority of this, his rookie, season. 

Edited by elroypedro
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Get the best backup QB they can get, at any price, and count on Mariota missing games, with the need for the #2 to play often and win for them to make playoffs.    

 

RG3 should be available to hand the ball off if mariota goes down

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

 

 

 

This is the most Titans hire they could've made both literally and figuratively.

 

It totally is... I don’t think we have the tools to try and be a hyper electric offense though, so I am okay with this. Give Henry the ball, play defense, Davis is the best WR we’ve have in what 10 years? So hopefully that and Mariota’s legs are enough to keep defenses honest. 

 

Biggest holes are pass rush, and interior OL... passing game tools could be better obviously, maybe bring in a vet there, but I think Walker will be at least okay as a safety valve coming back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Titan said:

 

It totally is... I don’t think we have the tools to try and be a hyper electric offense though, so I am okay with this. Give Henry the ball, play defense, Davis is the best WR we’ve have in what 10 years? So hopefully that and Mariota’s legs are enough to keep defenses honest. 

 

Biggest holes are pass rush, and interior OL... passing game tools could be better obviously, maybe bring in a vet there, but I think Walker will be at least okay as a safety valve coming back.

Upon reading alot about Arthur Im okay with this hire. Biggest need is def pass rush, and maybe upgrade at G, or possibly C. We have some young studs on defense with Byard, Brown, and that Alabama kid. We just need to get Casey a pass rusher to help him out with Landry. The Titans defense suprised me alot this year. But I am worried about our offense being so vanilla and we yet have to play some modern day offense ever since, well maybe the McNair era. I just lost trust of Mariota being a franchise guy so I dont expect much next year on O.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Power-O said:

here is the question...do you like em better than the jax D ROS? next week these 2 face...with no foles i can see jax losing lots of games despite having a talented defense...im debating on what to do

 

I've gone all in on their D.

 

Vrabel as coach, former Ravens DC, they look legit

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The #16 ranked (by EOS scoring in my league) Team D in 2017, and #8 last year. They put up the 2nd highest score last weekend, and get the Luck-less Colts at home this weekend.

Other than @Atlanta in week 4, KC at home in week 10, and Houston at home in week 15 they don't really have anyone to be scared of IMO. 

Yeah, I'm buying. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Power-O said:

yeah i need a week 4 defense....dam it! i mean the vikings shut down atlanta but that could have been a case of week 1 rust...so hard to make this move but i like what i am hearing

 

Minnesota shut down Atlanta at Minnesota. The week #4 match up for Tennessee is at Atlanta. 

Atlanta at home after a few weeks to kick off the rust scares me a little. Maybe more than a little. 

I actually have the Titans and the Vikings, so I'm leaning towards Minnesota at Chicago that week. But, just ever so slightly. That is subject to change between now and then though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

 

Minnesota shut down Atlanta at Minnesota. The week #4 match up for Tennessee is at Atlanta. 

Atlanta at home after a few weeks to kick off the rust scares me a little. Maybe more than a little. 

I actually have the Titans and the Vikings, so I'm leaning towards Minnesota at Chicago that week. But, just ever so slightly. That is subject to change between now and then though. 

 

yeah i dropped jax for ten...i dont have faith in the qb there and i didnt like the broncos matchup for week 4 despite how bad they looked monday against the raiders...denvers defense will get their act together by then...im prob guna have to roll with cowboys at NO based on last year but i am not a fan of that either lol I do like the schedule for Ten ROS though...like you said...not many matchups to worry about

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...