NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adam Thielen 2019 Outlook

He should be decent against the Raiders... but could be really bad if the Raiders struggle mightily against the Vikes D.  It can potentially look like the game against the Falcons.  However, next week against CHI and so on... does not look too good. Probably would be best to sell him after this week.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Im a Vikings fan and can't say I am fanatical with verifying all of what Im typing or doing deep dives into what is wrong, so take this for what its worth....   Last year I believe AT's drop

nice sell high now

I’m starting.  Not a great matchup but cousins doesn’t look to throw to anyone but Thielen.  Granted he doesn’t throw a lot, Thielen should still get his (hopefully).

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Thinkingcap said:

He should be decent against the Raiders... but could be really bad if the Raiders struggle mightily against the Vikes D.  It can potentially look like the game against the Falcons.  However, next week against CHI and so on... does not look too good. Probably would be best to sell him after this week.

I have another option but, man the last 2 years I wouldn’t have ever thought to bench him. You would think the Vikings would take it a little easier on Cook, knowing his history with injuries. Guess I was way off there. I don’t know what to do with Thielen... 

On 9/20/2019 at 7:18 PM, Thinkingcap said:

his schedule looks fine after week 4 tf you talking about lol ...

20 hours ago, Godeep said:

Probably the best advice, it always comes back to bite me when I get cute. Thx

26 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Pretty much have to start and hope for better volume and a TD or two

Be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, but bench isn't deep enough to sit a top 12 WR. Still have him ranked within that range ROS in PPR and nobody on my team ranked higher.

52 minutes ago, luckBbrady said:

Be lying if I said I wasn't concerned, but bench isn't deep enough to sit a top 12 WR. Still have him ranked within that range ROS in PPR and nobody on my team ranked higher.

Oh the concern is there but [...] I gotta roll him out. Unfortunately it looks like the running game has to take a hit in order to get the volume we drafted for

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed CSB/AC
  • Like 1

11 total targets in 3 games is worrisome. Playing @CHI this week in a game that will showcase 2 elite defenses is even more worrisome. After what Mike Evans just did to NYG's secondary, I will be benching Thielen for Scary Terry. 

Gonna be a 4-45 type game for Thielen Sunday

Golden Rule: Start your studs, he's one of 'em...

The Bears are going to be on Cook, dink and dunk dimes to Thielen all day, maybe a four yard pass to him for a TD off a play action as well...gotta get creative against those big Bears...Thielen is crafty, displayed that on Sunday...

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1
53 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

11 total targets in 3 games is worrisome. Playing @CHI this week in a game that will showcase 2 elite defenses is even more worrisome. After what Mike Evans just did to NYG's secondary, I will be benching Thielen for Scary Terry. 

Gonna be a 4-45 type game for Thielen Sunday

Scary Terry pulled in 70/1 against that same CHI defense.

If you are going to attack Chicago it will probably have to be through the air.  Their run defense is tough.

That said, I can also see Cousins running for his life all game and not having enough time to get the ball to his receivers.

• Like 1

What do you think you could get in return for Mr. Thielen? I'm sure he will be fine, but nowhere near what he put up last year with Zimmer wanting run run run. Hate to say it but unless Cook goes down, I'm not as confident playing Adam.... the volume has been awful.

8 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Anyone debating sitting him this week vs this Bears defense?

I have him benched right now, but I keep thinking it’s a bad idea. Still his targets are way too low. He’s be productive with what he’s got, but it’s hard to give him the nod over guys with near double his targets that are playing as high end wr2s. 

22 minutes ago, Godeep said:

I have him benched right now, but I keep thinking it’s a bad idea. Still his targets are way too low. He’s be productive with what he’s got, but it’s hard to give him the nod over guys with near double his targets that are playing as high end wr2s. 

Yeah, I was debating sitting him for Alshon Jeffery tonight. Stuck with Thielen.