NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean...Kirk Cousins?  His former QB?

As a Gordon and Diggs owner:

lol after one game?   

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Diggs had one TD that counted, one TD that got called back, and one TD that should have been but for a Kirk Cousins overthrow.

And people are thinking about giving up on this guy?

we've given up on cousins

Diggs has literally never played with a good quarterback!

Here is the list of quarterbacks who have started for the Vikings since he entered the league in 2015:

• Teddy Bridgewater
  • Sam Bradford
  • Shaun Hill
  • Case Keenum
  • Kirk Cousins

Is Cousins really a downgrade on those other four guys?

• Like 1

He's going to blow up.

After week 1, I posted in the Godwin thread something similar to what I am going to post here. 

I don't draft a guy in the 3-4th round to bench him in week 3. Cousins is terrible but he he is still decent throwing it deep. He was in the middle of the pack with completions over 20 air yards. He's going to go off on peoples benches and then they are going to complain. 

36 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

Biggest WR Fantasy Bust of the Year?

Mainly used as a Decoy for their running game 

SELL SELL SELL

I've already acquired him in one league. Attempting to trade for him in 2 others.  His route running is one of the best in the NFL. He turns guys inside out and gets insane separation. He also has great hands and can make plays in traffic and gets YAC.

Buy Buy Buy

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

Cousins is 22 of 42 in 2 games, that is insanely low volume for this days NFL.  This will not translate to supporting 2 WRs for fantasy football.  It will either be Thielan or Diggs any given week and maybe not even they will be WR1 ever again.  

It's been 2 games.  If you want to put so much weight on it, then I guess you'd be willing to trade away Julio Jones and Davante Adams for John Ross and Sammy Watkins, right?  That would be a steal for you.

Things will normalize.  That first game where he threw 10 passes was such a statistical anomaly that you should probably just throw it out.  Cousins is a long time vet with a good track record.  Even with the new offense, he should be posting good numbers soon.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Why do I fear a near repeat of the ATL game tomorrow? Oakland isnt as good as the Falcons, so I can’t quite see them making the game competitive.

The difference is Kirk Cousins has been pressured more than any QB in the league, but Oakland has no pass rush.  He’ll have time to throw the ball this week.

10 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

The difference is Kirk Cousins has been pressured more than any QB in the league, but Oakland has no pass rush.  He’ll have time to throw the ball this week.

Also so far they have a pass funnel defense, 5th in rush yards against, last in pass yards against (of course the Chiefs skew that, but you saw it against Denver as well).

I'll be interested to see the snap count for this game. Only got to see a few bits when Redzone would focus in but it seemed like they went three TEs or 2 TE/ 2 RBs a lot which left Diggs on the sidelines. 

Regardless his floor is so low I don't think I can start him anymore.

Terrible situation. They either rush the ball 50 times a game in easier matchups or have Kirk struggling to make forward passes in harder matchups. Not exactly a recipe of fantasy success for a team's #2 WR. 

6 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

If by panic you mean strongly considering benching your 3rd/4th rd pick for other more viable options, then YES

Lmao. I’m going to start him only because my other WR3 options are horrible. I need him to rebound though, he’s been bad.