NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

Thielen's not getting targets either. He has a whopping 16 through 3 games (Diggs has 12). It appears Diggs is a gameflow-dependent starter right now. He scored against Chicago in both games last year (including a 13-126 monster) but it's hard to imagine Trubs mustering enough offense to allow Cousins to wing it this time. Then again, I don't foresee Dalvin Cook getting much going on the ground. I dunno. With Hilton likely out I'm gonna have to start this dude no matter what. I've had him benched for 2 straight weeks.

I do like the schedule going forward though. The new-look Giants, Eagles, Lions, Skins, Chiefs. Just hold and hope for good gameflow I guess. You're not getting anything of substance in trade return right now. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean...Kirk Cousins?  His former QB?

As a Gordon and Diggs owner:

lol after one game?   

Posted Images

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I heard the Pats could use a receiver.

Wow, would that be huge if it happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if Diggs isn't a happy camper but MIN is really short on WRs.  Its an odd situation where I don't think MIN can afford to lose Diggs.

12 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

And that pace will not continue.

Sure but it illustrates their intention to run as much as possible. The problem with Diggs is it will be hard to know which games they will be forced to pass in. His floor is non-existent right now.

If Diggs is so important to Minnesota, give him the ball now and then.

Edited by Ace_King
  • Like 2
36 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

Wow, would that be huge if it happened.

I wouldn't be surprised if Diggs isn't a happy camper but MIN is really short on WRs.  Its an odd situation where I don't think MIN can afford to lose Diggs.

Sure, I don't think they'll trade him, was just kind tongue in cheek.

Then again there are a lot of scenarios with receivers I didn't see coming this year.  Never know I guess.

13 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Squeaky wheel this week?

Maybe some of the Thielen targets go his way if it's true he is complaining but their overall lack of passing shouldn't change since that has more to do with their distrust of their $84 million QB.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Thielen and Diggs are amongst the tops at the WR position. The space that having them both opens for the run game would be irreplaceable for the Vikings. He won't go anywhere. 

imagine the space if the QB was good!

actually, if they had a good QB, they wouldn't run Cook into thr ground

ah well

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

One thing is for certain, they're not going to be able to pound the Bears front seven into oblivion with Cook like they did to the Falcons and Raiders.

Whether that helps Diggs or not remains to be seen.

This is a good point, the game script could end up being more of a passing one.

24 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

wow....Stephon's projected stats on yahoo just deflated....its official....algorithms dont see him as a wr2 no longer...

yeah it sucks, can't even sell him to an unsuspecting owner anymore

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

wow....Stephon's projected stats on yahoo just deflated....its official....algorithms dont see him as a wr2 no longer...

I see most sites list him the 30's or 40's. He's a dead man for fantasy purposes until something changes. He still has a high ceiling if things fall right, but he literally does not have a floor. His floor is literally zero. 

This offense can’t support two WRs so Diggs and Thielen are both going to suffer. While Thielen has been solid thus far, his targets have sucked about just as much as Diggs. At least you can sell a Thielen because his fantasy numbers look nice. 

I have a feeling that Chicago's defense will play to stop the run, which in turn will force the Vikings to change their game plan. I was very reluctant about starting diggs but I can see this matchup helping out diggs and theilen. Especially if they are playing from behind.i think I'm going to roll him out in my flex.

Edited by jkendrick2