NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

sell sell sell. if he plays well, Thielen gets the day off and vice versa... no thanks.

I know Mike Zimmer hates scoring and Cousins hasn't been good but 5 out of the next 6 games are really juicy for the Vikings WRs:

Giants -Ranked 31st vs, WRs

Eagles- 20th vs. WRs

Lions 10th vs. WRs

Skins - 27th vs. WRs

KC- 21st vs WRs

Edited by wideopen21
  • Like 1
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean...Kirk Cousins?  His former QB?

As a Gordon and Diggs owner:

lol after one game?   

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

I know Mike Zimmer hates scoring and Cousins hasn't been good but 5 out of the next 6 games are really juicy for the Vikings WRs:

Eagles- 20th vs. WRs

Lions 10th vs. WRs

Skins - 27th vs. WRs

KC- 21st vs WRs

I'm just discouraged to the commitment to the run game and Cousins sucking. even with this gravy schedule, i don't see consistency or a comfortable floor for these receivers

Just now, Proteus said:

So no one sees any sign of a sea change here? It's a mirage and back to suckage ROS?

It depends on whether they can run the ball 35 times a game or not.  They're playing grandad football.

Best thing for Diggs/Thielen would be for the defense to fall apart probably.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

I'm just discouraged to the commitment to the run game and Cousins sucking. even with this gravy schedule, i don't see consistency or a comfortable floor for these receivers

Yeah I noticed in the game yesterday, Minnesota started a possession deep in their own territory down 16-0 with under 7 minutes to go.  The run game had been doing so poorly to that point that I thought Khalil Mack was going to eat poor Dalvin Cook if it went on any longer.  Minnesota was down big and needed to go with tempo.  The first play of the drive?  A Cook run.  It was predictably stuffed.  They spent the rest of the drive padding stats against the prevent.  It was pathetic.

It seems they've lost faith in Cousins, and perhaps he's earned it.

Just now, KennyWoo said:

Yeah I noticed in the game yesterday, Minnesota started a possession deep in their own territory down 16-0 with under 7 minutes to go.  The run game had been doing so poorly to that point that I thought Khalil Mack was going to eat poor Dalvin Cook if it went on any longer.  Minnesota was down big and needed to go with tempo.  The first play of the drive?  A Cook run.  It was predictably stuffed.  They spent the rest of the drive padding stats against the prevent.  It was pathetic.

It seems they've lost faith in Cousins, and perhaps he's earned it.

Is this the only reason Diggs had a good line?

14 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

Eagles- 20th vs. WRs

Lions 10th vs. WRs

Skins - 27th vs. WRs

KC- 21st vs WRs

It's OK, but there is still some concern.

Giants while ranked 31st against the pass, have only allowed a total of 6 points over the last six quarters played. You'll also have to wonder how the Shurmur factor will come into play being that Stefanski worked under him for a few years. Giants can be undisciplined at times and are prone to blown coverages but it will be interesting.

Eagles - while speculative, they may have Ramsey by then.

Lions - Have done well on that side of the ball

Skins - This is a win for Minnesota

KC - We'll have to see.

There are no slam dunks. Actually, if the Vikings piss the bed versus the Giants, that wont be a good look for neither Diggs nor Thielen ROS. Any type of trade leverage will be gone.

Edited by nonstopfan
2 minutes ago, herschel said:

i know its just speculation, but pats twitter is blowing up about diggs coming to the pats.  apparently he followed brady, edelman and james white last night on IG.....

For the love of god, someone post the Ron Paul gif

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Doesn't make any sense [for Minny] but crazier things have happened

I agree. MIN needs WRs but I don't think Diggs is happy at all there. He wants to be fed and them throwing 10 passes total a game isn't what he is interested in.

I'm not sure what MIN will do if he is trade though. They are THIN at WR. Maybe Rudolph could be a sneaky target if something happens. He's getting maybe 1 target per game right now.  

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Doesn't make any sense [for Minny] but crazier things have happened

You don't really need WRs to run their offense, LOL.

They're about two games away from a full house backfield being their base formation with Theilen as QB.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Big Nate said:

I agree. MIN needs WRs but I don't think Diggs is happy at all there. He wants to be fed and them throwing 10 passes total a game isn't what he is interested in.

I know this will be hard to hear for some, but Stefon Diggs is not as highly valued in the real world as he is in the fantasy community. He just got paid and is no position to gripe with his current team. I just don't see Minnesota shipping him off for those reasons when they are desperately thin at the position. But it's the NFL so who the hell knows...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

I know this will be hard to hear for some, but Stefon Diggs is not as highly valued in the real world as he is in the fantasy community. He just got paid and is no position to gripe with his current team. I just don't see Minnesota shipping him off for those reasons when they are desperately thin at the position. But it's the NFL so who the hell knows...

You’re crazy if you think a young stud elite route runner isnt worth much in real world NFL. 

Just now, dakimbell said:

You’re crazy if you think a young stud elite route runner isnt worth much in real world NFL. 

Uh... why do you think I think Minnesota wouldn't let him go? Either way, Antonio Brown of the NFC he is not

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

I might have to disagree with this, only because I think Diggs is a superior route runner and hasn't had the ability to play with a GOOD QB yet. There are many of these clips from his rookie year.  I believe in Diggs and I don't think he has even come close to showing this league what he can do:

5 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

The Patriots thing is interesting, if only because if BB and Brady were miffed about Kraft cutting AB, he could see this as a kind of makeup call if they could make the cap space issue work.

Say what you will about Diggs, but he's certainly a vertical threat.  I know they're doing what they can with Dorsett, but Edelman and Gordon being the primary reads keeps them pretty close to the LOS these days.

Just now, Big Nate said:

I might have to disagree with this, only because I think Diggs is a superior route runner and hasn't had the ability to play with a GOOD QB yet. There are many of these clips from his rookie year.  I believe in Diggs and I don't think he has even come close to showing this league what he can do:

Truly elite WRs don't require bad QB excuses

I like Diggs a lot as a player, but personally think he's still living off his rookie season

• Thanks 1