NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Big Nate said:

I might have to disagree with this, only because I think Diggs is a superior route runner and hasn't had the ability to play with a GOOD QB yet. There are many of these clips from his rookie year.  I believe in Diggs and I don't think he has even come close to showing this league what he can do:

Correct. Elite route runners benefit more from very good QBs. Diggs would absolutely feast on the Patriots because of the offense they run. It relies on percision and getting guys open. When you have a trash QB route running often goes to waste. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean...Kirk Cousins?  His former QB?

As a Gordon and Diggs owner:

lol after one game?   

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

since he was on PUP, he wasn't taking up a roster spot anyway, so it's not like they are releasing him to free up a spot I dont believe.

Yeah and they only free up 600k by releasing him.

Ironically the biggest issue with this scenario (aside from the Vikings feelings on the matter) is probably AB's dead money.

So what do the Vikings get out of a trade? They can’t do a rebuild until after Cousins’ fully-guaranteed contract is up. They’re in fourth place, but at 2-2, and they have plenty of time to make a run at the wildcard if not the division. Why would they want to get that thin at WR, where it’s Thielen and a bunch of bums, just to help the Pats further stack their offense?

I get why Diggs wants out, but I don’t see why moving him would be good for the team.

Edited by eg4190
2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Truly elite WRs don't require bad QB excuses

I like Diggs a lot as a player, but personally think he's still living off his rookie season

I generally would agree. But Cousins only completed 37 passes (combined) in the first 3 weeks of the season.  That's only 12 passes per game! Kirk Cousins nearly doubled that in game 4 with 27 completed passes and Diggs went 7-7 and over 100 yards.

Whether it is bad QB, or bad passing offense or what not I believe Diggs is still a great WR.  He's just not being asked to catch a lot of balls this year and I don't think he's happy about it. I believe he's a great WR in a bad passing offense and would benefit from a change - at least for fantasy purposes.  For MIN he's probably doing exactly what he is asked its just not translating to a lot of targets or fantasy points.

5 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

So what do the Vikings get out of a trade? They can’t do a rebuild until after Cousins’ fully-guaranteed contract is up. They’re in fourth place, but at 2-2, and they have plenty of time to make a run at the wildcard if not the division. Why would they want to get that thin at WR, where it’s Thielen and a bunch of bums, just to help the Pats further stack their offense?

I get why Diggs wants out, but I don’t see why moving him would be good for the team.

Vikings did recently bring back L Treadwell.....

• Haha 2

C’mon!!! Where we going baby!? Somewhere good!! 

Do any of the high powered offenses need him? Ugh, I could see him going to like San Fran. Maybe AZ or Oakland..I dunno. I feel Diggs isn’t a guy people are really looking at. Giants?

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I did see a guy on Twitter promise to give five bucks to everyone that retweeted his tweet if Diggs doesn’t go to the Bills.

The BILLS?  That's where Minnesota would send Diggs if they were mad at him.  Kind of like a couple years ago with the Patriots traded Jamie Collins to the Browns.

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

The BILLS?  That's where Minnesota would send Diggs if they were mad at him.  Kind of like a couple years ago with the Patriots traded Jamie Collins to the Browns.

So he wants to get traded  because the Vikings don't pass him the ball enough and yet would be happy with a trade to the BIlls who win games with defense and a QB that runs the ball better than he throws it? 

Teams that make some sense:

Patriots- Because they are the Patriots

Niners- Have no real #1

Cardinals- Pass happy offense
Giants- But it would be tough with the cap situation

Jets- Maybe a Robbie Anderson plus a pick for Diggs type trade could make sense for both teams. 

He was banged up during the game, y'all. This has nothing to do with trades. He was not seen during the OPEN portion of the practice which means nothing. Most likely he's resting. If he's on the injury report this week he should NOT be in your lineup. That's all I got.

8 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

He was banged up during the game, y'all. This has nothing to do with trades. He was not seen during the OPEN portion of the practice which means nothing. Most likely he's resting. If he's on the injury report this week he should NOT be in your lineup. That's all I got.

Would this possible injury affect the trade? 

8 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

All valid points and more than likely correct....the element that is throwing everyone off is the "Undisclosed" part of it.....typically if someone is banged up, they list what is injured.......you are more than likely correct......but that wouldn't be fun now...would it?

3 minutes ago, TheJuggernautBTCH said:

All valid points and more than likely correct....the element that is throwing everyone off is the "Undisclosed" part of it.....typically if someone is banged up, they list what is injured.......you are more than likely correct......but that wouldn't be fun now...would it?

Undisclosed does seem weird.  Guess we'll see what the official report says.

I didn't watch the Bears game, anyone who did, was it the hamstring?