NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, chucknorris4ever said:

They are absolutely being divas. Way too early to be acting like this. The  best thing zimmer could do  is stop being transparent about only running the football to start every game, and nip the theatrics from the wr in the bud immediately. Or you end up with an antonio brown/melvin gordon circus.

I agree they are divas and it should be kept internally. The thing is both Theilen and Diggs are correct... this passing offense stinks and it stinks REAL BAD.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean...Kirk Cousins?  His former QB?

As a Gordon and Diggs owner:

lol after one game?   

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Mr Rourke said:

As a Mattison/Diggs Dynasty owner, I'm counting on it. Cook probably won't last running this program and they'll be forced to pass at least as much as last year. Just a matter of time

Haha your fantasy team, I don't blame you in the slightest.

But if you're the coach of the Minnesota Vikings, and you've got two RBs, one who is frequently injured, another who has 27 career touches to his name, and you've got two Pro Bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl TE and you say to yourself, "man, this would be a great time to run the wishbone"...well, you better win.

10 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Haha your fantasy team, I don't blame you in the slightest.

But if you're the coach of the Minnesota Vikings, and you've got two RBs, one who is frequently injured, another who has 27 career touches to his name, and you've got two Pro Bowl WRs and a Pro Bowl TE and you say to yourself, "man, this would be a great time to run the wishbone"...well, you better win.

All joking aside, yes. I obviously was agreeing. Thielen is 100 correct in what he said and their two losses are in division. Baffling. 

• Like 1

"Finally, it boiled over. The fourth quarter had started, the Vikings still hadn’t scored, and now Kirk Cousins was throwing a checkdown on third and a mile. On the sideline, Diggs started yelling. Offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski was only a few feet away, but it wasn’t clear whether Diggs was directing his frustration at him or simply the general struggles of the day. He eventually stood alone on the sideline. Thielen, meanwhile, took a seat alone on the bench opposite Cousins and the offensive line."

Sounds to me like they really hate the play calling and are already letting the OC know about it.  Let's see if the OC is willing to change or be stubborn.

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

"Finally, it boiled over. The fourth quarter had started, the Vikings still hadn’t scored, and now Kirk Cousins was throwing a checkdown on third and a mile. On the sideline, Diggs started yelling. Offensive coordinator Kevin Stefanski was only a few feet away, but it wasn’t clear whether Diggs was directing his frustration at him or simply the general struggles of the day. He eventually stood alone on the sideline. Thielen, meanwhile, took a seat alone on the bench opposite Cousins and the offensive line."

Sounds to me like they really hate the play calling and are already letting the OC know about it.  Let's see if the OC is willing to change or be stubborn.

Zimmer canned Defilippo last year because he was passing too much and replaced him with Stefanski with a clear mandate to run, run run. I don't think the decision to pass more is his to make.It's all up to Zimmer and at 63, he seems pretty set in his defensive minded ways. 

15 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Zimmer canned Defilippo last year because he was passing too much and replaced him with Stefanski with a clear mandate to run, run run. I don't think the decision to pass more is his to make.It's all up to Zimmer and at 63, he seems pretty set in his defensive minded ways. 

Fair enough.  In any case, I don't think it's a personnel thing, as some have suggested on the thread.  Doubtful they will open it up simply because Cook gets injured.  They'll need to do it because the offense is not working (or too much pressure from players and media and Diggs owners).

12 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

No disagreement here what so ever.. That being said you have to adjust somewhat or maybe Zimmer will be stubborn all year who knows with how much they're paying Cousins, Diggs, Thielen that would be a bit ridiculous. Also I am in the mindset of they're not being huge divas Thielen had 2 Catches for 6 yards what WR is going to happy with that when you have plenty of mediocre WR's with 300+ receiving yards.. You don't need to throw it 60 times but they have been excessive, offensive game plan wise and cousins have been trash..If this doesn't do a 180 to some extent vs the giants the chirping will only increase.

2 minutes ago, NyZD said:

No disagreement here what so ever.. That being said you have to adjust somewhat or maybe Zimmer will be stubborn all year who knows with how much they're paying Cousins, Diggs, Thielen that would be a bit ridiculous. Also I am in the mindset of they're not being huge divas Thielen had 2 Catches for 6 yards what WR is going to happy with that when you have plenty of mediocre WR's with 300+ receiving yards.. You don't need to throw it 60 times but they have been excessive, offensive game plan wise and cousins have been trash..If this doesn't do a 180 to some extent vs the giants the chirping will only increase.

Agreed. This is a perfect game for the passing attack to get right. But Zimmer seems pretty stubborn.....

8 minutes ago, NyZD said:

I think what is egregious here is that the Vikings coaching staff are not showing flexibility in the game planning and in-game coaching.  I mean...from what we've seen of Chicago, it's pretty clear that the way to attack them is through the air.  Somehow Denver ran on them (I didn't watch the game) but otherwise they completely shut down rushing.  I can see the Vikings trying to go to their strength, but after a half or so and it's not working, you need to switch it up.  Go to plan B, which should have been through the air.  Even in the 4th quarter, down 2 scores, they were running way too much.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 1
Just now, oresteszero said:

Picked up Diggs off my waivers in my 10 man. Hello everyone!

I think that he'll have a fantasy bounceback by the next few weeks. 

In the words of the immortal John McClaine, "Welcome to the party pal!"

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Picked up Diggs off my waivers in my 10 man. Hello everyone!

I think that he'll have a fantasy bounceback by the next few weeks. 

This makes me want to throw up. People cut bait way to early. 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Good times.

Won't happen, but I'm rooting for the Giants.  #firezimmer

so, this lil' china doll bisch refuses to practice, sulks and sucks his thumb ... but Zim is the bad guy?

good lawd, the delusion is heavy up in here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

so, this lil' china doll bisch refuses to practice, sulks and sucks his thumb ... but Zim is the bad guy?

good lawd, the delusion is heavy up in here 

LOL.  They're 2-2 and just lost to Chase Daniel. He's not the bad guy, just the wrong guy to coach a football team in 2019.  Maybe 1974.

• Like 1