NBC Sports Edge Forums

Stefon Diggs 2019 Outlook

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You mean...Kirk Cousins?  His former QB?

As a Gordon and Diggs owner:

lol after one game?   

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Welp, not confident nor enthusiastic, but plan to run him out there this week. 

Hopefully Trubisky was just that bad in week 1 and it's not a sign that GBs defense is beasty this year...

GB didn't look *beastly*, but they were able to shut down the run -- Montgomery and Davis did very little on the ground, and in the second half they leaned on quick passes to Cohen out of the backfield (which padded his PPR numbers, but didn't add up to all that much yardage). I don't think the Vikings will be able to roll out the same game plan and have Cousins dial up fewer than a dozen passes again if they want to stay on the field.

We know that Diggs is locked into a 20-30% target share, we just need a non-leather-helmet-era game plan to get his numbers back up. If the issue was just his hammy, Thielen would have gotten more than 3 looks.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

9/130/2 this week. I feel like he always flames the packers. 

I went back and looked and since 2016 he's played in 5 of the 6 games tallying 476 yds and 6 td's

One of those 5 he had a measly 29 yards but did score a td

Edited by Fabrini
6 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Sorry I just feel like this will be mostly a lost season. i had the same feeling with Devonta Freeman last year. Hopefully I am wrong this time.

lol after one game? 

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg.eb07584a2da6541c0c1c7839438770eb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

A guy notoriously nicked up (and his performance suffers as a result) starting the year with a hamstring injury is probably as frightening as it gets. I hope I am wrong, but some sites have already dropped him in WR3 territory in ROS rankings so i guess I am not alone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

A guy notoriously nicked up (and his performance suffers as a result) starting the year with a hamstring injury is probably as frightening as it gets. I hope I am wrong, but some sites have already dropped him in WR3 territory in ROS rankings so i guess I am not alone.

I saw that too.  Many sites did that.

It could be true.  We don't really know how bad that hammy is.  So far it doesn't look too serious though.

another thing that's concerning for both of the Minny WRs is that wk 1's game was the ideal Vikings game for them this season. Run it a ton, have Cousins pass as little as possible, win. That lack of passing attempts and targets doesn't really bode well for either Minny WR. 

24 minutes ago, yossarian said:

another thing that's concerning for both of the Minny WRs is that wk 1's game was the ideal Vikings game for them this season. Run it a ton, have Cousins pass as little as possible, win. That lack of passing attempts and targets doesn't really bode well for either Minny WR. 

Well, the Falcons have a really bad run defense so it was the obvious game plan.  I don't think that will be the case every week.