Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dalvin Cook 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

well played - great work there, solid 👍 

 

i still think Cook sits, and, even if he's active, i will start Mattison over him. 

best to us all ✌

Gotta take some risks to take home the gold.

This feels like the DJ/Edmonds situation all over again but then again...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it is highly likely that Dalvin will either play or won’t play. If he does play, it’s highly likely he will either play the full game or won’t play the full game. 

Don't jinx it 😂

Yeah....we are all smart and handcuffed him with Mattison.

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Sticky2 said:

If he runs hard into a helmet in the chest no amount of talk will prevent his body from giving that ball up and forcing him to the ground once again.

 

Football is a physical sport, that's the risk you take - especially with the nature of his injury and playing RB. I'd rather be wrong with him out there on the field, than wrong with him sitting on my bench and blowing up.

But hey, that's just me. Like I said, I don't need him until week 15 and hope that he doesn't have another setback.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nromn said:

I’m no doctor and I did not sleep at a Holiday Inn express last night, but I’m  pretty sure how how the body works is healing happens with time and rest. So yes, that’s exactly how it works. 

 

Not saying the pain will be gone with one week of rest, but it should be less and risk of reaggravating/worsening lower.

 

Exactly. I thought that roto blurb was nonsense.  Any fool knows... you rest, you heal.  No idea if he'll play or not.  I've seen guys with the pain tolerance injuries play through them, though, most always ineffectively.  We really just need to follow the practices...If he doesn't practice all week, i doubt he suits up. Though I do smell a "game time decision."

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

If he runs hard into a helmet in the chest no amount of talk will prevent his body from giving that ball up and forcing him to the ground once again.

What the Vikings should do is send someone undercover to San Francisco, find out whatever Kittle was taking a few weeks back when Kittle's knee got hit, and then give that stuff to Cook.  Cook would be fine to play after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

So many Cook owners insisting that he sits during the fantasy playoffs... What a strange thread 😁 


hahaha cause we are smart and handcuffed with Mattison and we don’t want to have to start both of these dudes in round 1 of the playoffs. Dalvin sit and hang out with us.... Let Mattiszn take over

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

If feels like the worst thing for Cook owners is he is active on Sunday and used lightly if the VIkes go up early.

But even in a half of a game,  Dalvin can score a TD and catch a bunch of passes.

 

It's going to be a game time decision for me whether to go with Cook or Matthison if Dalvin is active.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

So many Cook owners insisting that he sits during the fantasy playoffs... What a strange thread 😁 

If he's healthy no one is saying they want him to sit. What owners don't want is he suits up, says hes playing and then gets 2-3 touches only to realize he is in too much pain and can't hold on to the football, or he is running worried about getting injured. They end up sitting him after the first quarter and he finishes with 2pts.

 

If he can't make it through a full game we'd rather start someone who will. Many of us have Mattison or other options so it would be nice going in to know where Cook sits.

 

I own both guys and I don't like this situation one bit the way it stands now.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Dalvin sits, and I don’t have Mattison. The guy was more or less crying in pain on Monday night. It’s just too risky (for fantasy owners) to play him. 
 

I was really hoping that if this were a real issue coming out of the bye that he would’ve sat in Week 13. But he went from limited on Wednesday (my dudes) to full on Thursday, so I assumed it was a non-issue. In retrospect, had he sat last week (and maybe even this upcoming week), I would feel much better for Week 15 and 16. At this point, anyone putting him in their lineups for rest of season is risking the same thing that happened this week, minus the TD.

 

Question for anyone who knows - Do pain tolerance type injuries (meaning, injuries that can’t get worse, taking aside the act that this may be a bs claim with no scientific evidence) still heal even when pain is regularly being inflicted? e.g. Do we think Dalvin’s injury is better off today than it was a couple weeks ago when he initially injured it, despite him getting knocked out of Monday’s game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, nb009 said:

I hope Dalvin sits, and I don’t have Mattison. The guy was more or less crying in pain on Monday night. It’s just too risky (for fantasy owners) to play him. 
 

I was really hoping that if this were a real issue coming out of the bye that he would’ve sat in Week 13. But he went from limited on Wednesday (my dudes) to full on Thursday, so I assumed it was a non-issue. In retrospect, had he sat last week (and maybe even this upcoming week), I would feel much better for Week 15 and 16. At this point, anyone putting him in their lineups for rest of season is risking the same thing that happened this week, minus the TD.

 

Question for anyone who knows - Do pain tolerance type injuries (meaning, injuries that can’t get worse, taking aside the act that this may be a bs claim with no scientific evidence) still heal even when pain is regularly being inflicted? e.g. Do we think Dalvin’s injury is better off today than it was a couple weeks ago when he initially injured it, despite him getting knocked out of Monday’s game?

 

Lol he wasn't crying due to pain. He was crying because he fumbled and felt he cost his team the game.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ZappB said:

What the Vikings should do is send someone undercover to San Francisco, find out whatever Kittle was taking a few weeks back when Kittle's knee got hit, and then give that stuff to Cook.  Cook would be fine to play after that.

The difference is upper body injuries for running backs are bad for business ie James Connor

I do remember many years ago Willis McGahee scoring 3 TDs with broken ribs. Not sure about shoulder/chest though...

This is tricky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, austin316 said:

The difference is upper body injuries for running backs are bad for business ie James Connor

I do remember many years ago Willis McGahee scoring 3 TDs with broken ribs. Not sure about shoulder/chest though...

This is tricky.

 

Emmit smith had one of his best games when he dislocated his shoulder in the 1st quarter and refused to come out. Cried the whole game but balled. Some can do it some cant. 

 

Edited by Stonej14
Typos
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Emmit smith had one of his best games when he dislocated his shoulder in the 1st quarter and refused to come out. Cried the whole game but balled. Some can do it some cant. 

 

I find my generation and those after to be less tolerant of pain than guys from Emmitt's generation. You even had Ronnie Lott too that cut off the tip off his finger so he could play the next week.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

 

Emmit smith had one of his best games when he dislocated his shoulder in the 1st quarter and refused to come out. Cried the whole game but balled. Some can do it some cant. 

 

 

Emmit seoerated it in the 4th qtr, and came back in for overtime ... single handedly willing the 'boys over the Jints in a frigid opening rd playoff game in Moonachie. 

i was there 🙋‍♂️

his performance and grit and toughness that afternoon was the stuff of legends ... bum shoulder, and they still leaned on him damn near every play. he refused to sit.  and, man, did he deliver. 

folks can have their Barry Sanders highlight reel runs all they want ... but i'll take Emmit's incredible competitiveness/production that day over any fancy/shmancy "highlights"  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I find my generation and those after to be less tolerant of pain than guys from Emmitt's generation. You even had Ronnie Lott too that cut off the tip off his finger so he could play the next week.

Still love this beast. But it was cut off in April to ensure he could play the next year if I recall correctly. He was afraid the recovery time to properly fix it would be too long.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I question how great Mattison would be even with a lot of time. He looks good at times, but not always, and doesn't appear to be much of a receiving threat. Some are assuming he would put up Cook numbers, but I doubt it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Still love this beast. But it was cut off in April to ensure he could play the next year if I recall correctly. He was afraid the recovery time to properly fix it would be too long.

Yeas, that is true. He taped it up that game (final regular season game) and even played the next game in the postseason. That makes him even more badass. I was too young so I don't remember too much. That was always the story, I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...