NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tyler Lockett 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, RyanK said:

I didn't have a chance to see how Lockett looked yesterday. Was there any visible limitations from the leg injury?

If he's healthy, you can't worry about a down game. Dude is a WR1 this season. Russ is an MVP candidate and WR can be a volatile position if your name isn't Michael Thomas.

Hard to tell on TV because he had so little action. But his 38 yard catch was a typical Lockett stud route and catch. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most people can't, but I can.

Sounds like he's okay.  In other news, that guy has some major ears on him. I thought I had big ears. 

Massive overreaction lol

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

Any reason rotoworld is convinced this guy is a boom or bust WR2? Lol

Because he is so inconsistent especially in PPR...last two games under 6 points PPR. He is almost always hurt as well

14 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Because he is so inconsistent especially in PPR...last two games under 6 points PPR. He is almost always hurt as well

Neither of these things are true. He has been one of the most consistent players this year, especially at the WR position. An no he is not almost always hurt. He got hurt three weeks ago which is why his last two games were duds. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

How come Michael Thomas never gets hurt? I think the other "elite" WR1's (Hill, Lockett, Thielen, Cooper, etc) need to follow his exercise routines.

I concur...

1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

Neither of these things are true. He has been one of the most consistent players this year, especially at the WR position. An no he is not almost always hurt. He got hurt three weeks ago which is why his last two games were duds. 

3 out of 12 games with double digit targets...the majority are 4-5 target boom or bust variety games. Too much consistency for this thread!

1 hour ago, disasterisk said:

3 weeks for a shin bruise...I seen guys with broken bones come back sooner although they are not soft like Lockett

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

3 weeks for a shin bruise...I seen guys with broken bones come back sooner although they are not soft like Lockett

I thought your posts were somewhat reasonable until that one. Haha wow. He spent 2 days in the ER. And in terms of previous seasons all you have to do is spend 30 seconds looking up his stats and you'll see he missed 1 game from 2015-2018. Yeah man 'soft' Tyler Lockett

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, owenmills said:

I thought your posts were somewhat reasonable until that one. Haha wow. He spent 2 days in the ER. And in terms of previous seasons all you have to do is spend 30 seconds looking up his stats and you'll see he missed 1 game from 2015-2018. Yeah man 'soft' Tyler Lockett

My bad...I did forget he went to the ER. He did have the bye to heal up and was released from the hospital so not sure you can keep rolling out the he is hurt excuse for every week he busts

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

My bad...I did forget he went to the ER. He did have the bye to heal up and was released from the hospital so not sure you can keep rolling out the he is hurt excuse for every week he busts

You forgot that minor detail? 

He has been inconsistent as of late... earlier this year he was very consistent. I am obviously not comfortable rolling him out there, but most of us don’t have better options so we’ll go with him and hope he 1) doesn’t get hurt and 2) catches a long TD. 

• Like 2

Which Lockett are we going to get on MNF?

Did anyone watch game tape of last week? Did the Eagles just stifle them that bad? Was Lockett running well, hampered, etc?

Is Minnesota a pass-funnel type D?

I see most WRs have lit up Minnesota this year...

1 hour ago, Silkk1211 said:

Need a big game tonight!!

You do know Turnover Wilson only attempts like 20 passes a game right? Seattle will run the ball 50 times...locket should get his usual 2-4 targets

37 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

You do know Turnover Wilson only attempts like 20 passes a game right? Seattle will run the ball 50 times...locket should get his usual 2-4 targets

Where did you pull that number from..? He averages 7 targets/game this year, and had 18 targets a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

Where did you pull that number from..? He averages 7 targets/game this year, and had 18 targets a few weeks ago. 

In 5/11 games he’s had 4 targets or less.  It’s a valid concern.  

His average targets per game is definitely pumped up a bit by the absurd overtime game where he got something like 18 targets. He doesn't make his hay on volume but you can't really argue with the points this year. He's WR15 in my league currently and only 4 points back from WR10 so after tonight he'll be top ten on the year and a big game could put him in the top five. I don't really get the pissing and moaning. Yeah it would be great if he got more targets and was #1 overall WR and carrying teams on his back to undefeated seasons but he wasn't drafted to do that.

• Like 3

Yeah the guy has 2 bad games and everyone is crying. Look at Davante Adams game log....

Plus i dont think everyone understands the severity of that injury that kept him in the hospital. Thank God he is fine, but that also knocked him out of SF game, a game that went into OT. Could have had a better stat line if not for that too.

Edited by austin316
  • Like 1