NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chicago Bears 2019 Outlook

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kicker competition not looking great   LOL, the Bears just cut somebody named "Blewitt".  Seriously?  If I had that last name, I don't think I'd want to be a kicker. I think best to sta

It took me less time to find this than it took you to write 2 replies.  

8-8

20 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Cordarrell Patterson - 2 year 10 Million dollars

I dont know how I feel about this one. I think Nagy is going to frustrate cohen owners with alot of patterson gadget plays

I’m shaking my head at the recent spending because they are not bringing in talent-levels above and beyond what can be found in the draft or from other teams after roster cuts.

Weddle was a target that obviously just wanted to get back to Cali, but throw some $ Ha-Ha’s way...who might be interested in sticking it back to the pack.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Cordarrell Patterson - 2 year 10 Million dollars

I dont know how I feel about this one. I think Nagy is going to frustrate cohen owners with alot of patterson gadget plays

Nagy is being a mad scientist coach. . .can't wait to see what he shows us this season.  it must be nice to have a top defense to bail your lackluster offense out in games.😝

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Nagy is being a mad scientist coach. . .can't wait to see what he shows us this season.  it must be nice to have a top defense to bail your lackluster offense out in games.😝

Lackluster now  = #9 in Offensive Scoring.

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Lackluster now  = #9 in Offensive Scoring.

yeah, lackluster, the rank means nothing to me.  That defense kept that offense alive and with great field position. I actually watched the games so I don't form my opinions based on ranks

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

yeah, lackluster, the rank means nothing to me.  That defense kept that offense alive and with great field position. I actually watched the games so I don't form my opinions based on ranks

Obviously didn’t watch the games...and trolling the bear, again.

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

Yup. And what I think he mean s by offensive ranks includes defensive touchdowns and great field position from turnovers.

It really wasn't a good offense 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, psygolf said:

Obviously didn’t watch the games...and trolling the bear, again.

Not sure how i am trolling the Bears AGAIN when I probably have had a Bears player every year in fantasy. . .👀

We will just disagree on how we view the term "lackluster" as it is applied to this offense

Remember when Cam Newton had a career year in passing TD's? The Panthers offense led the league in starting field position and the defense forced the most turnovers in the league leading to that field position.

Did the Jags offense change this season from last? No, but the defense wasn't as opportunistic with turnovers and sacks, which impacted the starting field position for Bortles and the offense.

I have a hard time believing the Bears will have as much success with turnovers next season. Turnovers fluctuate so much with defenses. And the Bears also scored an absurd amount of defensive TD's. Will Mack have a strip sack every game like he did in the first 5 or 6 games before his injury last season?

29 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Not sure how i am trolling the Bears AGAIN when I probably have had a Bears player every year in fantasy. . .👀

We will just disagree on how we view the term "lackluster" as it is applied to this offense

^ lol...doesn't understand the difference.

21 minutes ago, devaster said:

Remember when Cam Newton had a career year in passing TD's? The Panthers offense led the league in starting field position and the defense forced the most turnovers in the league leading to that field position.

Did the Jags offense change this season from last? No, but the defense wasn't as opportunistic with turnovers and sacks, which impacted the starting field position for Bortles and the offense.

I have a hard time believing the Bears will have as much success with turnovers next season. Turnovers fluctuate so much with defenses. And the Bears also scored an absurd amount of defensive TD's. Will Mack have a strip sack every game like he did in the first 5 or 6 games before his injury last season?

I'd still like to see the stats that show that the Bears led the League in starting field position

...(psst) they aren't there.

3 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'd still like to see the stats that show that the Bears led the League in starting field position

Bears were 12th in starting field position. KC was 1.

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I'd like to see where I stated that.

5 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Bears were 12th in starting field position. KC was 1.

The Bear also had the worst starting position after a kickoff in the league last year...so in retrospect, maybe Patterson was a great fa target.

FWIW, the difference between KC's ave starting position and the worst team is about 5 yards...5 YARDS.

Edited by psygolf

Let's at least acknowledge that the Bears did not get blown out by a single team...yes, the defense played great, but the Nagy offense also showed the ability to keep up with any team, no matter how fast they were running.

13 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The Bear was had the worst starting position after a kickoff in the league last year...so in retrospect, maybe Patterson was a great fa target.

FWIW, the difference between KC's ave starting position and the worst team is about 5 yards...5 YARDS.

so lackluster. . .😝

Hey Trubisky just keep running around until something good happens,remeber the QB's job is to run first pass 2nd. . .hey howard just keep running up the middle for 2yds don't worry about catching passes. .  .hey Arob hang out downfield and hope a pass comes your way. . .hey trey not sure what to do with you just yet but i signed you to be a pass catching stud. . .hey gabriel you are going to be something special in 5yrd increments. . .hey bellamy,white and miller i can't tell you guys apart yet hopefully the defense can't either. . .hey mizzell you will be my why is he in there rb. . hey cohen you are the jewel of my deception and i'm going to use u a lot and then not enough to keep everyone guessing

Yes my master plan MISDIRECTION offense is coming together because I know i can't count n my defense to win me games. 🤣

Edited by dashoe
Just now, dashoe said:

so lackluster. . .😝

Hey Trubisky just keep running around until something good happens,remeber the QB's job is to run first pass 2nd. . .hey howard just keep running up the middle don't worry about catching passes. .  .hey Arob hang out downfield and hope a pass comes your way. . .hey trey not sure what to do with you just yet but i signed you to be a pass catching stud. . .hey gabriel you are going to be something special in 5yrd increments. . .hey bellamy,white and miller i can't tell you guys apart yet hopefully the defense can't either. . .hey mizzell you will be my why is he in there rb. . hey cohen you are the jewel of my deception and i'm going to use u a lot and then not enough to keep everyone guessing

Yes my madter plan offense is coming together because I know i can't count n my defense to win me games. 🤣

I think you need to head to Football Outsiders for some back up...because you are lost.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I think you need to head to Football Outsiders for some back up...because you are lost.

I have found Nagy. . Oh wait i thought that was him but  the misdirection confused me. . .😜

4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

"I can't be trolling the Bears, I owned Cohen"

:rolleyes:

i'll add to the list for you. I owned  forte-cutler-marshall-alshon-white-howard-cohen and about 7 other bears players who names escape me👁️

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i'll add to the list for you. I owned  forte-cutler-marshall-alshon-white-howard-cohen and about 7 other bears players who names escape me👁️

I have owned many Packers in ff...but at least I can admit to trolling their fans

Edited by psygolf