Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Chicago Bears 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

I just need one of you Bears disciples to tell me where Howard is going.  Getting tired of waiting on this! 

 

Raiders-texans or maybe even eagles is my guess after we see where Coleman lands

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kicker competition not looking great   LOL, the Bears just cut somebody named "Blewitt".  Seriously?  If I had that last name, I don't think I'd want to be a kicker. I think best to sta

It took me less time to find this than it took you to write 2 replies.  

8-8

2 minutes ago, mpaynejr said:

I just need one of you Bears disciples to tell me where Howard is going.  Getting tired of waiting on this! 

Bold prediction...the Falcons for their 4th rd comp pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, psygolf said:

I’m shaking my head at the recent spending because they are not bringing in talent-levels above and beyond what can be found in the draft or from other teams after roster cuts.

Weddle was a target that obviously just wanted to get back to Cali, but throw some $ Ha-Ha’s way...who might be interested in sticking it back to the pack.

Ha-Ha in Chicago next 2 days...roll tide

😎

Edited by psygolf
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Roto blurb says it's a downgrade. I don't see that. Amos to HaHa is a lateral move, at worst, IMO. 

Callahan to Skrine though... 

Whispers are that the Bears have concerns Callahan’s foot injury and his future health

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Whispers are that the Bears have concerns Callahan’s foot injury and his future health

Even if Callahan could never regain form that is a definite loss any way you cut it.

I actually view HaHa as an upgrade over Amos.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, devaster said:

Even if Callahan could never regain form that is a definite loss any way you cut it.

I actually view HaHa as an upgrade over Amos.

 

He and Amos went into this offseason a little over-rated, imo

 

...I believe the Bear realizes that it’s a lot easier to chase a wr, and/or get a pick, when you only have to do it for 3 secs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the talk of the Bears replacing Howard, why haven't they been linked at all to Duke Johnson. Can you imagine Nagy with Cohen and Johnson in the backfield together. Hell, you know near the goal line he'd put in Cohen, Johnson, and Patterson all at the same time. 

 

Duke just seems like the perfect fit for what Nagy likes to do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

With all the talk of the Bears replacing Howard, why haven't they been linked at all to Duke Johnson. Can you imagine Nagy with Cohen and Johnson in the backfield together. Hell, you know near the goal line he'd put in Cohen, Johnson, and Patterson all at the same time. 

 

Duke just seems like the perfect fit for what Nagy likes to do. 

Sounds like you’re not the only one to have that final thought...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/bearswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/12/chicago-bears-trade-duke-johnson-kareem-hunt-running-back-browns/amp/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ajs723 said:

With all the talk of the Bears replacing Howard, why haven't they been linked at all to Duke Johnson. Can you imagine Nagy with Cohen and Johnson in the backfield together. Hell, you know near the goal line he'd put in Cohen, Johnson, and Patterson all at the same time. 

 

Duke just seems like the perfect fit for what Nagy likes to do. 

It’s a great fit, but the Browns would need to accept a late rd pick, which isn’t much of a catalyst for them.

The Bears are close to being a team that needs to horde draft picks with the $ they’ll need to pay their players’ 2nd contracts next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psygolf said:

It’s a great fit, but the Browns would need to accept a late rd pick, which isn’t much of a catalyst for them.

The Bears are close to being a team that needs to horde draft picks with the $ they’ll need to pay their players’ 2nd contracts next season.

Whatever pick the Bears can get for Howard would be enough for Duke. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone love the chuck pagano hire? Its growing on me the more I look at it. He took over a good ravens defense in 2011 and they went to the superbowl a year later on the backs of that defense. Hopefully he can do the same here. I like that hes less of a system guy. He looks at what the opposing team does and tries to come up with a game plan that is uniquely designed to stop that offense this is also what fangio did and belichick  does. Most teams now are doing the "seattle" scheme or the "vikings" scheme which offenses have figured out. That's not to say they cant be good defense cuss Seattle and the Vikings are still stout just a different approach.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

UDFA Sleeper TE

Dax Raymond during SeniorBowl Week.

He displayed the athleticism to beat safeties in coverage, nice route running ability and a great job of tracking the ball into his hands during the one-on-one and 7-on-7 drills. In a good tight end class, it shouldn’t be surprising if he finishes among the top-5 and finds himself as a top-100 selection overall, as the position is starting to be valued a bit more now.” — Draft Wire 

 

Came back to play a couple of weeks after breaking his wrist...no need for the Bear to worry about this cat waking up with an anxiety attack.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

Outlook- bears fans will once again overrate Trubinsky as their defense carries them 

Fake news...it is only those trolling the Bears that are wasting their time to state that Mitch is not Mahommes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, psygolf said:

Fake news...it is only those trolling the Bears that are wasting their time to state that Mitch is not Mahommes.

 

I dont know a single bears fan who think trubisky is better than average. I got Hope's for him to be good but everyone In Chicago knows hes not mahomes or Watson. 

How you think Anthony miller is gonna be. Read a report that he played most of last season with a bum shoulder.. kept popping out of socket.. said sometimes when he ran to hard it would come out and on most tackles. Gotta be better with the fixed and going into his 2nd year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stonej14 said:

 

I dont know a single bears fan who think trubisky is better than average. I got Hope's for him to be good but everyone In Chicago knows hes not mahomes or Watson. 

How you think Anthony miller is gonna be. Read a report that he played most of last season with a bum shoulder.. kept popping out of socket.. said sometimes when he ran to hard it would come out and on most tackles. Gotta be better with the fixed and going into his 2nd year.

Nagy and Trubisky are both below average. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Nagy and Trubisky are both below average. 

 

I thought nagy was ok. He got too cute and lost us some games but it was his first time as a HC even belichick faltered 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...