NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

ok ok , starting to eye him on the WW. 

It's now a game of chicken, how long can you wait but still be able to pick him up? 

after this weekend's games, the heat may pick up and it may cost to get him next week. 

He could be had for free this week.... oh the conundrums...

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Chiefs should trade for this guy, imagine how good they could be with a RB like Hunt. 

Is the bold prediction Hunt going to San Diego or San Diego having a team again?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

It's now a game of chicken, how long can you wait but still be able to pick him up? 

after this weekend's games, the heat may pick up and it may cost to get him next week. 

If you're streaming defenses or a kicker and well ahead after sunday noon games, you could bench your kicker/DST, drop him and pick up Hunt. This is only recommended if you are up big. The uncertainty is greatly reduced if it was a Sunday Night or Monday Night game but it's only a sunday afternoon game, hence more risk.

4 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I’m thinking now or just forget about it.

12 hours ago, ginocan said:

From ESPN article:

But after the Chiefs' first game without Hunt, Mahomes voiced more clearly than any of his teammates or coach Andy Reid the reason Hunt needed to go.

"I saw the stuff that happened,'' Mahomes said after Sunday's 40-33 win over the Raiders. "We don't do those things.''

Not going to happen. Mahomes said that and that is the end of discussion. The triple threat of Mahomes/Hill/Hunt was nice while it lasted though. Almost as lethal as the Greatest Show on Turf. 

That doesn’t really mean s--- tbh. It’s definitely a stretch but they could also spin it with the PR tactic that he’s served his time, found God and is a changed man once they get him.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

That doesn’t really mean s--- tbh. It’s definitely a stretch but they could also spin it with the PR tactic that he’s served his time, found God and is a changed man once they get him.

True. Tbh the NFL doesn’t give a ratass what you did. As long as you can catch, run, pass, make a sack. You can put a uniform on and they will pay you millions. 

I'm eyeing Hunt in my league....I think the buy low window is right now.

The way I see it....He's coming back.  He's not overtaking Chubb, but he's probably the highest upside handcuff in the league.  I mean, the dude is still very young and probably a first round fantasy draft pick if the shenanigans never happened.

I also wonder if there is any outside chance the Browns trade him? I mean, he could probably easily fetch a second round draft pick.  That would be a pretty nice return and he makes a ton of sense for somebody like the Lions.  He could step right in and give them the best RB they've had since #20 retired.

At worst, he stays behind Chubb and mixes in for some COP work.

Really, really good bench stash.  For me, I happen to have Chubb so he makes even more sense.  It's nice knowing you've got that RB spot locked up in your lineup.  

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
On 10/22/2019 at 4:21 PM, Mr.STD said:

Fat (check)

Injured (check)

hasn't played in a year (check)

Product of the KC offense that made Damien look good (check)

Hunt won't do a damn thing.

Hows damien now? Or any KC RB for that matter...

On 10/23/2019 at 4:45 PM, ginocan said:

True. Tbh the NFL doesn’t give a ratass what you did. As long as you can catch, run, pass, make a sack. You can put a uniform on and they will pay you millions. 

This. Ray Lewis literally killed someone and came back like nothing happened.

• Thanks 2

[...]

I didn't think Hunt looked too bad in preseason.  And saw practice clips of him from a few days ago....Sure doesn't look "fat" to me.

Just feel like he's a nice upside guy to have on your bench because we know what he's capable of. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
9 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Hows damien now? Or any KC RB for that matter...

LeSean McCoy's averaging 5.4 yards per carry. Kareem Hunt averaged 4.7 yards per carry on KC. Its quite possible that just as McCoy's ypc took a leap going from Buffalo to KC, that Hunt's will drop going from KC to Cleveland. 

38 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

LeSean McCoy's averaging 5.4 yards per carry. Kareem Hunt averaged 4.7 yards per carry on KC. Its quite possible that just as McCoy's ypc took a leap going from Buffalo to KC, that Hunt's will drop going from KC to Cleveland. 

The same mccoy who is averaging 8.5 carries a game?

14 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

The same mccoy who is averaging 8.5 carries a game?

Yep, I'm talking about how much KC improves McCoy's rushing per opportunity not how much it improves his workload. People are excited about Hunt because of his ability per opportunity not his projected workload. 

Edited by TuesdaymorningQB
2 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Yep, I'm talking about how much KC improves McCoy's rushing per opportunity not how much it improves his workload. People are excited about Hunt because of his ability per opportunity not his projected workload. 

Players tend to have a higher YPC in smaller roles. If you think mccoy is better than hunt at this point in their careers, I have a bridge to sell you lol

Just now, bhawks489 said:

Players tend to have a higher YPC in smaller roles. If you think mccoy is better than hunt at this point in their careers, I have a bridge to sell you lol

This would be more true if McCoy's opportunities were as the COP back. He's actually averaging those yards as the RB on obvious rushing downs. KC just isn't committing to the run. I wouldn't necessarily say McCoy is better than Hunt, but Chubb is definitely better than Hunt and Hunt was an all-pro at KC because he was a good RB in a great situation, not because he was Saquan Barkley or even Nick Chubb level. I just think Hunt is overrated and people who are expecting him to be what he was in KC will be disappointed.  

Maybe the Browns and Lions are working a trade involving Hunt behind the scenes. Y'know, on the hush, hush.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit, considering the perfect fit of a prospective deal between the two clubs for Hunt, in conjunction with the very public baggage surrounding Hunt.

I can picture the headline now: "Browns Deal Kareem Hunt to Detroit Lions for 2020 "X" round draft pick in Behind the Scenes Deal"

What a beautiful headline that would make. And one that, if it were to happen, would be entirely plausible to believe. Put it like this: it'd be a headline where I highly doubt you'd be hearing anyone hollering "FAKE NEWS!" after having read it.

Hey, a man can dream can't he?

2 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

If Chubb dies, I die.

I'd actually expect similar production from Hunt. Probably not as explosive a runner but a little more dynamic in the pass game so overall probably fairly close to even. Even 80%-90% of the production still makes him a solid RB2. 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd actually expect similar production from Hunt. Probably not as explosive a runner but a little more dynamic in the pass game so overall probably fairly close to even. Even 80%-90% of the production still makes him a solid RB2. 

He's 58% owned and I suspect most of the zealots who have held on for 10 weeks with red and gold dreams dancing in their heads would want a pound of flesh in a deal for a maybe solid RB2 if Chubb goes down.

If he's available and you have a spot to burn, sure.  But like I said in my case, I ride or die with 24.