Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

Just now, FritzLn said:

na i just meant at the absolute least, shady is the 3rd down guy, and that alone is devastating

 

I don’t think this dwill has always excelled in the third down role. What I see is them rotating series at a 70-30 split; with whoever is the lead dog. Will probably start out as dwill and then go from there. With Reid’s rb history, he prefers a lead dog as opposed to a true rbbc

Link to post
Share on other sites

The signs were there at the beginning of preseason that he was more inclined to go the RBBC approach this year.

This was after the 1st week in August:

"Andy Reid told SiriusXM NFL Radio that the team would implement a form of a “running back by committee” strategy.“I did a little bit of that when I was in Philadelphia, a kind of running back-by-committee deal and we had some success with it.” Reid said during an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. “We’ll do that here (in Kansas City).“We drafted a kid (at running back) and the other Williams (Darrel Williams) isn’t bad either. We’ve got a couple Williamses, and then Carlos (Hyde), we’ve got a new little guy (Darwin Thompson) in there that runs around, so we’ve got a good nucleus of players that I think we’re going to be good at that spot. They all have their strengths and we’ll try to exploit their strengths.”"

I don't think he ever felt comfortable with DW as a bell cow type player.

But now that they've upgraded from Hyde to Shady, it's a RBBC at minimum, with a chance for LeSean to take over if he still has it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

The signs were there at the beginning of preseason that he was more inclined to go the RBBC approach this year.

This was after the 1st week in August:

"Andy Reid told SiriusXM NFL Radio that the team would implement a form of a “running back by committee” strategy.“I did a little bit of that when I was in Philadelphia, a kind of running back-by-committee deal and we had some success with it.” Reid said during an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. “We’ll do that here (in Kansas City).“We drafted a kid (at running back) and the other Williams (Darrel Williams) isn’t bad either. We’ve got a couple Williamses, and then Carlos (Hyde), we’ve got a new little guy (Darwin Thompson) in there that runs around, so we’ve got a good nucleus of players that I think we’re going to be good at that spot. They all have their strengths and we’ll try to exploit their strengths.”"

I don't think he ever felt comfortable with DW as a bell cow type player.

But now that they've upgraded from Hyde to Shady, it's a RBBC at minimum, with a chance for LeSean to take over if he still has it.

Reid has said this before, so that's irrelevant, and I'm sure isn't what any McCoy truthers would be implying anyway. He traditionally doesn't use an RBBC. It may take a few weeks to shake out, but you can expect either McCoy or Williams to be heading this backfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Eagles circa 2003 had both Staley and Westbrook with 37 and 36 receptions respectively with 117(Westbrook) and 96(Staley) rushing attemtps. Buckhalter that same year had 126 rushing attempts and 10 receptions. If this team does not have a Buckhalter I think there will be plenty to go around between McCoy and Williams to make them both very fantasy relevant. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Wow. If true, D. Williams value just took a BIG hit.

 

Brooke Pryor of the Kansas City Star expects LeSean McCoy "to take a large percentage" of the team's backfield reps.

Pryor still envisions Damien Williams as the nominal starter, though with McCoy on board, the Chiefs' backfield embodies all the familiar symptoms of an Andy Reid timeshare. There's still opportunity for Williams to carve out a meaningful fantasy role as a proven pass-catcher on one of the league's best offenses, though the threat of ceding goal-line work to Shady certainly throws a wrench in his quest for weekly RB2 status. McCoy's arrival also complicates Darwin Thompson's path to carries in what has become a crowded Chiefs backfield.

SOURCE: Kansas City Star
Sep 1, 2019, 12:10 PM ET

Sounds like click bait to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Damien Williams is now the priority handcuff of upcoming drafts.  McCoy has an injury history and Williams could be relevant again if McCoy gets hurt.  Of course if that happens there's always the risk KC signs another lead back, possibly Tim Hightower.

Based on what exactly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

The signs were there at the beginning of preseason that he was more inclined to go the RBBC approach this year.

This was after the 1st week in August:

"Andy Reid told SiriusXM NFL Radio that the team would implement a form of a “running back by committee” strategy.“I did a little bit of that when I was in Philadelphia, a kind of running back-by-committee deal and we had some success with it.” Reid said during an interview with SiriusXM NFL Radio. “We’ll do that here (in Kansas City).“We drafted a kid (at running back) and the other Williams (Darrel Williams) isn’t bad either. We’ve got a couple Williamses, and then Carlos (Hyde), we’ve got a new little guy (Darwin Thompson) in there that runs around, so we’ve got a good nucleus of players that I think we’re going to be good at that spot. They all have their strengths and we’ll try to exploit their strengths.”"

I don't think he ever felt comfortable with DW as a bell cow type player.

But now that they've upgraded from Hyde to Shady, it's a RBBC at minimum, with a chance for LeSean to take over if he still has it.


"we’ve got a new little guy (Darwin Thompson) in there that runs around"

LOL

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are chiefs fans even having any fun with this? I'm tryin to put myself in their shoes when it comes to being a fan of williams, lookok forward to the season and then this.  I just can't get excited about a 31 year old back that isn't the future of the team 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Eagles circa 2003 had both Staley and Westbrook with 37 and 36 receptions respectively with 117(Westbrook) and 96(Staley) rushing attemtps. Buckhalter that same year had 126 rushing attempts and 10 receptions. If this team does not have a Buckhalter I think there will be plenty to go around between McCoy and Williams to make them both very fantasy relevant. 

 

Did the eagles have any productive receivers that year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

D Will value is down big time, grabbed him in 6th round of my 12 team league today, he was in the melvin gordon, duke johnson, tevin coleman, miles sanders range.

4 round drop is pretty significant for the folks who grabbed him in the 2nd. 

Ouchies. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mortman212 said:

D Will value is down big time, grabbed him in 6th round of my 12 team league today, he was in the melvin gordon, duke johnson, tevin coleman, miles sanders range.

 

Ouch for those who had to drafter earlier. Significant loss of value. Yikes!! Who did you get in the second and third?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...