NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, Deke said:

So you’re gonna bank on McCoy continuing to average 8 ypc and Williams continuing to average 2? Good luck. 

Actually yes I do bank on McCoy being able to maintain a higher ypc average for the rest of the season, slowly eating into William’s workload.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I could literally find the post where you said 4-5 touches...

you also said McCoy had no burst or speed.

Then you kept saying he was washed up and by advanced metrics one of the worst rbs in the league.

You are so delusional you can’t even see how horrible your McCoy takes were pregame.

Live look at Dexter 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

I could literally find the post where you said 4-5 touches...

you also said McCoy had no burst or speed.

Then you kept saying he was washed up and by advanced metrics one of the worst rbs in the league.

You are so delusional you can’t even see how horrible your McCoy takes were pregame.

I have Davante Adams who had a pathetic 4 for 36 game Thursday. Let me guess, he's going to be awful this year because of that one game right? Your absurd overreactions to one game are comical.

Edited by Dexter75
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Do you think Damien will see a higher snapshare and Shady will see a lower snapshare in the coming weeks?

Yes, as long as Williams is the starter, he will continue to see more snaps and touches than McCoy, just like he did today. Until Reid comes out and says he's making a change, thats how it goes no matter how much you don't like it. 

Edited by Dexter75
1 minute ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Do you think Damien will see a higher snapshare and Shady will see a lower snapshare in the coming weeks?

What I think is irrelevant. Where is the evidence to support your argument? Damien was also rusty considering he missed nearly the entire training camp and preseason.

If you can sell Williams after today, I'd do it.  The narrative you use to sell Williams is essentially what people are saying above: "Williams has the better fantasy day.  He got more snaps.  He caught more passes.  That means he's the lead back and better in PPR." 

Then you hope that a trade partner completely ignores the facts: that McCoy's been in town a few days and is still learning the offense, meaning he (1) has upside to get more run and (2) couldn't be used as much in the passing game as that's the most complicated part of the offense.  McCoy is a good pass catcher.  He's a great runner.  He looked good - not "washed up" at all but rather like the star he's been for years.  McCoy is all upside; Williams is mostly downside from here.

To me the only upside from here on Williams would be if you're thinking McCoy will get injured.  (He does have a history.)  But right now you should be able to get better than handcuff value from Williams on the trade market.  Go forth and do so.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Post game press conference not very interesting.  Reid spoke about Mccoy and said he looked like he looked on tape before they got him.  Great vision, great feet.  Said mccoy and Williams are a good combo and glad to have them.

Sounded like full blown rbbc for near future at least.

Can we stop with the dumb "shady is old and washed up" comments?  He was awesome today.

Edited by Brownsfan74
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, machine3 said:

Both will be playable. Thompson is the one who loses out. 

Probably. Except one was a 2nd rounder hyped to be a RB1 and the other was basically free. 😂

Williams is this years’ JAG RB with a strong ending who is drafted highly and busts. Happens every year.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, MJJ28 said:

Probably. Except one was a 2nd rounder hyped to be a RB1 and the other was basically free. 😂

Williams is this years’ JAG RB with a strong ending who is drafted highly and busts. Happens every year.

Nobody was drafting Williams in the 2nd. Stop that nonsense. He was going in the 3rd and beyond and he was actually undervalued there (as an RB1)  before McCoy was signed

Edited by street sharks
8 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Nobody was drafting Williams in the 2nd. Stop that nonsense. He was going in the 3rd and beyond and he was actually undervalued there (as an RB1)  before McCoy was signed

Even after mccoy was signed his ADP was 25.   Which means he was a second rounder in almost half of drafts.

• Haha 1