NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

58 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:
Through Sunday’s games, your red zone “looks” leaders from Week 1 (a look is defined by SportsRadar as “rushing attempts + targets”), minimum four targets:

Damien Williams (7)

Gus Edwards (6)

Chris Carson (5)

Malcolm Brown (5)

Mark Ingram (5)

Saquon Barkley (4)

Travis Kelce (4)

Christian McCaffrey (4)

Rex Burkhead (4)

Marlon Mack (4)

I feel like you are trying to tell me something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Sure,but will it be 50/50 or 70/30 come October?

I own D Will and honestly Shady should be taking 80% of the carries. He’s a much better RB...there is no doubt about it. And I’m sure the chiefs know that as well. 

Im thinking/hoping Shady’s body can’t hold up and that keeps the split closer to 50/50 or in D Will’s favor as the season progresses. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
18 hours ago, vercrazy said:

McCoy was a top 10 RB in 2017 and played all 16 games.

Damien definitely has a fantasy relevsnt role on this team, but saying McCoy was essentially useless the last two seasons is factually incorrect.

I think 2018 still weighs heavy on my memory where he missed a few games, played hurt in others and ended up with about 500 yards for the entire season and averaged about 36 yards per game. Not top 10 RB performance as people drafted him that year. Those are the facts, jack.

Agree with others DW should have a decent game this week. Still starting ...

Edited by Blazer
typo
  • Thanks 1

[...] 

If you look back at Damiens last 6-7 games including playoffs, it's some pretty stellar stuff.  Yeah, I know McCoy is there....But there is plenty in that offense to go around IMO.  And with Hill out, I think they dial things back a little and really use their running backs.

I'll be happy wit 10 carries, 4-5 catches and some red zone opportunities in that offense as there should be quite a few of those.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
Just now, tts42572 said:

Just my luck lol.

Anybody see it?  Was it bad?  Or maybe a case of the Chiefs being way ahead and holding him out?

Im thinking it’s the latter because he was listed as questionable to return, and not full blown out

Knee contusion from what I hear.  Likely held out precautionary since they were up 18 points and had no need to put him back in.  

Shady also hurt his ankle and was replaced by Darrel Williams for the last series of plays of the game

3 minutes ago, yahyahtrick said:

He was back on the sideline, they might have held him out but can't be sure.

I had watched the first 3 quarters but missed the injury in the 4th...Hopefully it's a case of them just playing it safe.  If he were questionable to return and hanging out on the sideline that might be a good sign.

The Chiefs weren't interested in even trying to run the ball for most of the game.  I guess they didn't need to with the defense the Raiders were playing daring Mahomes to throw deep against one on one coverage all game lol.

Williams was basically operating as the main RB for the first 3 quarters from what I saw.

2 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I had watched the first 3 quarters but missed the injury in the 4th...Hopefully it's a case of them just playing it safe.  If he were questionable to return and hanging out on the sideline that might be a good sign.

The Chiefs weren't interested in even trying to run the ball for most of the game.  I guess they didn't need to with the defense the Raiders were playing daring Mahomes to throw deep against one on one coverage all game lol.

Williams was basically operating as the main RB for the first 3 quarters from what I saw.

It was hard to tell because their numbers are close but I think it was like 60-40 Dwill

2 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

It was hard to tell because their numbers are close but I think it was like 60-40 Dwill

Yeah, the time missed due to injury in 4th will skew the numbers overall, but through first 3 quarters it was 60/40 or close to that.