Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

 

Eleven.
11.

That's how many games McCoy has missed in 10 years as a true work horse back in the NFL.

Two Hundred Eighty-Two.
282.

That's how many touches he's averaged per season in his 10 year career.

Todd Gurley has missed 6 games in his first 4 seasons.
Zeke has missed 8 in just 3 seasons.
Bell missed 16 last year alone.
DJ has missed 15 in 4 years.
AP has missed 34 in 12 years.
Melvin Gordon has missed 9 games in 4 years, not even counting the 2 of '19.
Dalvin Cook has missed 17 games in just 2 years.
Fournette has missed 11 games in just 2 years.
Frank Gore has missed 14 games in 14 years.
Barkley is just starting his 2nd season, Kamara and CMC their 3rd.

Hopefully, none of them get injured, but calling McCoy injury prone, is pretty laughable.

Not laughable to me brother. I owned him last year, drafted him as RB #2 and all I got for the entire season was about 500 yards, missed games and played hurt in games. So, after last year he is injury prone to me! That's my openly biased opinion of him and it won't change after enduring him last year.

2 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Blazer said:

Not laughable to me brother. I owned him last year, drafted him as RB #2 and all I got for the entire season was about 500 yards, missed games and played hurt in games. So, after last year he is injury prone to me! That's my openly biased opinion of him and it won't change after enduring him last year.

 

 

The Bills were a heaping pile of garbage last year, though. It was definitely an outlier when you compare it with the rest of Shady’s career.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

 

The Bills were a heaping pile of garbage last year, though. It was definitely an outlier when you compare it with the rest of Shady’s career.

But, this is how it started last year. He got dinged, missed a practice, then got in a limited practice or two and was active only to do nothing. I think people can dismiss a player's age and running style (30+ and shake and bake, which puts max stress on all the leg's connective tissues) and can miss the player's down curve. This is way too reminiscent of last year. My fear for Shady owners is that he gets in a few limited practices and is active for game day. Then you start him and he does nothing, just like last year.

Latest update on DW (8mins ago https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/damien-williams-doesnt-look-good/672348) does not look good for him. Get him out of your line ups unless something changes dramatically Friday. Good luck to all!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Blazer said:

But, this is how it started last year. He got dinged, missed a practice, then got in a limited practice or two and was active only to do nothing. I think people can dismiss a player's age and running style (30+ and shake and bake, which puts max stress on all the leg's connective tissues) and can miss the player's down curve. This is way too reminiscent of last year. My fear for Shady owners is that he gets in a few limited practices and is active for game day. Then you start him and he does nothing, just like last year.

Latest update on DW (8mins ago https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/damien-williams-doesnt-look-good/672348) does not look good for him. Get him out of your line ups unless something changes dramatically Friday. Good luck to all!

It's been the story of my life for having McCoy as a ball and chain on my team. He just can't reach for the sky like Damien Williams can. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blazer said:

But, this is how it started last year. He got dinged, missed a practice, then got in a limited practice or two and was active only to do nothing. I think people can dismiss a player's age and running style (30+ and shake and bake, which puts max stress on all the leg's connective tissues) and can miss the player's down curve. This is way too reminiscent of last year. My fear for Shady owners is that he gets in a few limited practices and is active for game day. Then you start him and he does nothing, just like last year.

Latest update on DW (8mins ago https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/damien-williams-doesnt-look-good/672348) does not look good for him. Get him out of your line ups unless something changes dramatically Friday. Good luck to all!

 

I know, I had him last year too. The big problem was he was basically Buffalo’s whole offense last year, with a rotating carousel of QBs who defenses never had to respect. He faced stacked boxes and tried to come back too soon and play through multiple injuries. It was hopeless and depressing.

I don’t think he will have the same issues this year with KC. They’re thinking Super Bowl, and if Shady is banged up, they’re not going to run him into the ground like Buffalo did. In will step Thompson, or Darrel Williams, and they’ll air it out with Mahomes. They are going to want to keep him healthy for the playoff run. Just don’t let him hang out with the Honey Badger or Sammy Watkins and he should do just fine. 😂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

All these hindsight people in here.  Many people took him when shady was a bill, and the guy balled out to end the season.  What is so crazy about taking a starting rb on that chiefs offense?  No one was taking him that high after shady so I dont get all the I told you so commentators.

Here's what I wrote in FORESIGHT on July 24th:

My gosh this Damien Williams hype is pure insanity. I was on here last year at this time warning everyone to stay away from Alex Collins, but they just kept reciting his stats as if he'd be the unquestioned #1 back in Baltimore all year long.

If Damien Williams gets the Andy Reid treatment and gets Hunt-level touches this season, he should put up good numbers.

If Mike Evans stays healthy and gets his regular number of targets he should put up good numbers.

The difference is there's an 80% chance of Evans getting his regular targets and there's about a 20% or less chance of Damien Williams being the unquestioned bellcow in KC all season. He will be the biggest ruiner of fantasy drafts this year

I use Evans because according to FFC, that's who you have to pass on to take Williams. I've never wanted to bookmark something to come back to in November more than I do right now.

And I've made tons of comments for months echoing the same.

The only thing I was wrong about was the month. Looks like Williams washed out already in September, no need to wait until November

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

this whole thing has been a slow train wreck. spending a high draft pick hoping he repeats last year great end for a full season, darwin thompson, mccoy trade, week 1 split, now injury. everything that could go wrong can and is going wrong lol. not that anyone could've predicted all of this, the only argument you could make from the beginning to not draft him was due to him not being a really good rb. which seems to be true due to his YPC. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brosephd said:

this whole thing has been a slow train wreck. spending a high draft pick hoping he repeats last year great end for a full season, darwin thompson, mccoy trade, week 1 split, now injury. everything that could go wrong can and is going wrong lol. not that anyone could've predicted all of this, the only argument you could make from the beginning to not draft him was due to him not being a really good rb. which seems to be true due to his YPC. 

Yeah.  You can’t really read anything into “ypc” through two (whole?) games, one of which he was playing while injured.  He had a great Week 1 fantasy-wise - not seeing a “train wreck” situation here just because he bruised his knee.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, andypro77 said:

Here's what I wrote in FORESIGHT on July 24th:

My gosh this Damien Williams hype is pure insanity. I was on here last year at this time warning everyone to stay away from Alex Collins, but they just kept reciting his stats as if he'd be the unquestioned #1 back in Baltimore all year long.

If Damien Williams gets the Andy Reid treatment and gets Hunt-level touches this season, he should put up good numbers.

If Mike Evans stays healthy and gets his regular number of targets he should put up good numbers.

The difference is there's an 80% chance of Evans getting his regular targets and there's about a 20% or less chance of Damien Williams being the unquestioned bellcow in KC all season. He will be the biggest ruiner of fantasy drafts this year

I use Evans because according to FFC, that's who you have to pass on to take Williams. I've never wanted to bookmark something to come back to in November more than I do right now.

And I've made tons of comments for months echoing the same.

The only thing I was wrong about was the month. Looks like Williams washed out already in September, no need to wait until November

 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:05 AM, JSA2422 said:

 

You think Evans gets his regular targets with Arians in town? 🤣 alright I'm outty lol 

 

On 7/24/2019 at 12:09 AM, andypro77 said:

Uh, what is that supposed to mean? Why wouldn't he?

 

 

😪😪

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BMcP said:

Yeah.  You can’t really read anything into “ypc” through two (whole?) games, one of which he was playing while injured.  He had a great Week 1 fantasy-wise - not seeing a “train wreck” situation here just because he bruised his knee.


The ONLY thing Damien Williams is good at is running wheel routes. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't sound like he will play this week, but people need to pump the breaks with the fear that he will lose his job. McCoy is not durable and is not young. He is not going to be the 3 down back he was 5 years ago. 

 

It's entirely possible he is a bust as an RB2, but his first two games were decent in PPR. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, atdharris said:

It doesn't sound like he will play this week, but people need to pump the breaks with the fear that he will lose his job. McCoy is not durable and is not young. He is not going to be the 3 down back he was 5 years ago. 

 

It's entirely possible he is a bust as an RB2, but his first two games were decent in PPR. 

Way too rational of a take for this thread. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

This is literally how Spencer Ware lost his job.

 

Sure, because Williams came in and played well and Ware got hurt for several weeks. If McCoy comes in and lights the world on fire, yeah, I will be worried. But McCoy hasn't looked good for years, and usually RBs after the age of 30 see a drop of (yes there are anomalies, but not everyone is Frank Gore). 

People tend to be focusing on worst case scenario. I choose to wait and see how this plays out before I panic. 

Edited by atdharris
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atdharris said:

 

Sure, because Williams came in and played well and Ware got hurt for several weeks. If McCoy comes in and lights the world on fire, yeah, I will be worried. But McCoy hasn't looked good for years, and usually RBs after the age of 30 see a drop of (yes there are anomalies, but not everyone is Frank Gore). 

People tend to be focusing on worst case scenario. I choose to wait and see how this plays out before I panic. 

wrong

aside from seasons he was injured and did not play, he had one bad season in 2018

in a season where the bills were at the bottom of the heap in O line play (PFF rank 26th best), with historically bad rotisserie style QB play in an inept scoring and total yardage offense

in 2017 he was RB6 in half PPR. in 2016 he was RB4. this trope about "mccoy has been washed for years" is kind of mindblowing in its amnesia. he had one bad season in 2018 where he couldn't get out of the backfield because his o line was trash and the box was packed.

after he signed with the chiefs all i heard from damien owners was "mccoy is washed up, he sucks now, he will only get a few touches per game, damien is fine"

then he came out in week 1 and ran much more impressively than damien williams. obviously a subjective characterization but when every analyst from here to pluto is saying mccoy ran better than damien then there's a good chance it's the case

Edited by Cotton Jones
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

He came back for the game against the Patriots but only recorded 1 reception for 21 yards.

Oh, I thought you were referring to Kareem’s rookie season when Ware tore his PCL or whatever it was in pre-season. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atdharris said:

 

Sure, because Williams came in and played well and Ware got hurt for several weeks. If McCoy comes in and lights the world on fire, yeah, I will be worried. But McCoy hasn't looked good for years, and usually RBs after the age of 30 see a drop of (yes there are anomalies, but not everyone is Frank Gore). 

People tend to be focusing on worst case scenario. I choose to wait and see how this plays out before I panic. 

 

McCoy hasn't looked good for years? He's one year removed from back to back top 7 RB fantasy seasons.  Thats back to back pro bowl seasons where he he averaged 100 yards per game from scrimmage.  I   don't understand how one bad season suddenly turned into a half dozen.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...