NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Joe Odam

Anyone see or hear any updates on exactly what his injury is and/or what the timeline is?

It's just one I've seen very few reports on and really don't know anything except he missed practice all week and didn't play and it's a knee injury of some sort.

I know I saw knee contusion....But no idea on the severity or if it's a soft tissue contusion or a bone bruise?

Guess we'll have to see if he's practicing this week.  

Just now, atdharris said:

I don't think anyone separated themselves in the KC backfield. McCoy looked decent but is hurt again. Darwin was a total bust after the hype. I drafted D. Williams in the 4th so I am not going to panic quite yet

Definitely not panicking.  

Williams had a nice string of games last year and had been heavily involved early this year.  I actually think he's a nice buy low at the moment as he can probably be had very cheap.

Obviously, he's not going to be the strong #2 RB people were hoping for.  But I could still see some good bye week or flex appeal from him in this offense.

4 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Definitely not panicking.  

Williams had a nice string of games last year and had been heavily involved early this year.  I actually think he's a nice buy low at the moment as he can probably be had very cheap.

Obviously, he's not going to be the strong #2 RB people were hoping for.  But I could still see some good bye week or flex appeal from him in this offense.

I'd say Darrell Williams is the biggest threat, not McCoy. I don't think anyone should expect Shady to be healthy for the entire season. It's clear Reid doesn't really trust Darwin. If Damien practices and plays this week, I think he is still a decent RB2 in PPR. 

23 hours ago, atdharris said:

I'd say Darrell Williams is the biggest threat, not McCoy. I don't think anyone should expect Shady to be healthy for the entire season. It's clear Reid doesn't really trust Darwin. If Damien practices and plays this week, I think he is still a decent RB2 in PPR. 

I don't really get this with the "McCoy is injury prone" stuff.

- Of 163 possible games in his career, McCoy has played 150 of them.

- In the last 4 years (including this year) when he is "old", he has played 48 out of a possible 51 games.

If anything, McCoy has shown he is very durable for a RB.  He does get dinged up (as he is now), but the guy plays through it.  I imagine there are some RBs who would not have suited up this weekend, but he did and got 20 points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

- In the last 4 years (including this year) when he is "old", he has played 48 out of a possible 51 games.

If anything, McCoy has shown he is very durable for a RB.  He does get dinged up (as he is now), but the guy plays through it.  I imagine there are some RBs who would not have suited up this weekend, but he did and got 20 points.

If McCoy is injury prone, then by all standards of metric, all RBs are injury prone. Shining example 1: Damien Williams

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

you keep forgetting alot of these guys took him 2nd-3rd and don't have shady or any handcuffs lol

2 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

It's a crazy stat for sure that he's missed so few games. It's the same deal with him and Matt Breida though. Frustrating to own. Breida played almost all the games last year, but he had to have been playing through an injury in almost every game, and more often than not missed a fair amount of snaps in each game. Both still produce when they are on the field though, regardless. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Hope he shot that knee up with some PRP and lived in the cryo chamber for the last week. He better get in some practice because he's going to be out of a job soon. 

Or stay in the chamber til all the other RBs are all banged up and come back 100% mid-late season.  Fantasy football is a marathon not a sprint.