NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

5 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

I've got no bias.  I'm simply pointing out that it's funny to call the guy who's hurt for the second time this year the threat while calling the guy who's practicing and playing injury prone.  Who's making up narratives?  Did Damien Williams not get hurt first?  Has been out of practice since the injury?  Did he not irritate their HC because he spent half his preseason watching because of injury?   

He didn’t call Damien the threat. In the post you quoted (your post just before this one), the poster said Darrel is the biggest threat. Unless I missed another post somewhere calling Damien the threat. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

On 9/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, Dexter75 said:

People who actually follow football and were paying attention knew that Gordon was going to sit out at least half the year, if not longer. People who follow football also knew Gordon was going to fit right in and they wouldn’t even miss Gordon. At worst, Gordon and Ekeler will split carries if he comes back, as they will want to keep Gordon fresh for a playoff run. They could also sit Gordon or put him behind Ekeler to prove a point. You never know and it’s quite obvious they dont even need him. 

I guess I'm glad I don't "actually follow football"

39 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He didn’t call Damien the threat. In the post you quoted (your post just before this one), the poster said Darrel is the biggest threat. Unless I missed another post somewhere calling Damien the threat. 

He mentioned both D. Williams in the thread so I musta have gotten confused.  Thanks for clearing it up!!

Damien Williams has officially lost his job to LeSean McCoy.  He was the nominal starter until injury or poor performance opened the door, and now it's wide open and McCoy has walked through.  Whenever Damien returns, he'll be the COP passing down back.  Instead of 12 carries and 6 targets a game, you're looking at 5 carries and 4 targets.  He's droppable in 10-man leagues and I'm considering a drop in my 12-man.  Rosterable in 10-man leagues when he returns to health but no more than a spot starter at flex.  Anyone who drafted him earlier than the 5th round expecting an RB2 or flex every week has lost that bet.

This may be reactionary, and I could be dead wrong, but that's my read on this situation.  I'll bring the receipts in 3 weeks either way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Damien Williams has officially lost his job to LeSean McCoy.  He was the nominal starter until injury or poor performance opened the door, and now it's wide open and McCoy has walked through.  Whenever Damien returns, he'll be the COP passing down back.  Instead of 12 carries and 6 targets a game, you're looking at 5 carries and 4 targets.  He's droppable in 10-man leagues and I'm considering a drop in my 12-man.  Rosterable in 10-man leagues when he returns to health but no more than a spot starter at flex.  Anyone who drafted him earlier than the 5th round expecting an RB2 or flex every week has lost that bet.

This may be reactionary, and I could be dead wrong, but that's my read on this situation.  I'll bring the receipts in 3 weeks either way.

Considering DWs situation during fantasy drafts, I don't think it was wrong to draft him in the 2nd. That's just the price you pay for a rb with a fragile situation in the KC backfield. Hunt would have been a top 6 pick, I actually think DWs risk was baked in if you took him middle to back end of the 2nd. 

But, I agree, McCoy has taken over the backfield. People arguing he hasn't because touches are shared more drastically than other teams are fighting against a ghost. The lead back in the KC offense isn't a bellcow, they get 50-60 percent of touches. When Williams comes back he still has value with McCoy healthy, with a shot at becoming an rb1 any given week with an injury to mccoy. That's still a great player to have on your bench.

• Like 1

I have no stock in Damien/Shady.

So I say this: Damien is injured. That alone doesn't imply he's lost his job. I think people are jumping ship too early. McCoy is banged up himself and could miss time or stay on a snap count. Damien was clearly ahead of Darrell at any point last year and this season. Dropping Damien outright is crazy anyway!

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

4 targets as the passing down back? el oh el. Dropping him is terrible advice.

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

I have no stock in Damien/Shady.

So I say this: Damien is injured. That alone doesn't imply he's lost his job. I think people are jumping ship too early. McCoy is banged up himself and could miss time or stay on a snap count. Damien was clearly ahead of Darrell at any point last year and this season. Dropping Damien outright is crazy anyway!

DW Is not some stud that can't be outplayed and not lose his job because he was injured. The guy got the job because of multiple injuries and Hunt being released. The times made the man, the man didn't make the times. DW is a slightly above average player that is in an incredible situation.

Dropping him is ridiculous, he's still valuable even if he's behind mccoy the entire season.

35 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

when damien comes back he will be fresh, it will go back to a 50/50 split .. it always will be moving forward, dont overthink it guys

Considering he's only touched the ball like 300 times in 6 years he should have already been "fresh." Part of the knock on DW was that people didn't know if he could stay healthy being "the guy" since he had less than 200 touches in almost 5 years. 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, bearcatcheech said:

when damien comes back he will be fresh, it will go back to a 50/50 split .. it always will be moving forward, dont overthink it guys

I'm not sure so it'll be a 50/50 split though.

It could very easily be something like a 1/3 split between McCoy, Damien and Darrell if all 3 are healthy.

I think it'll probably be a fluid situation based upon whoever is playing well and whoever is healthy.  

Darrell has played pretty well whenever he's been on the field.  I'm not sure they will just toss him back to the scrap pile.  Dude is fast, powerful, can catch and can pass block.  He was literally a shoestring tackle away from a 75 yard TD last week.

I have Damien in one league and Darrell in the other lol so I'm not sure who I'm rooting for in this scenario.  Mostly I'd just like to see McCoy out of it lol.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

4 targets as the passing down back? el oh el. Dropping him is terrible advice.

I'm thinking basically the Chark role when Hunt was a rookie.  Granted McCoy isn't as good as Hunt, but there's Darrell and Darwin as well competing for touches.

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

What injury luck provides, so too can it take away.  McCoy may get hurt and open opps back up for Damien, I'm just saying, I think it's McCoy's now.  And if that's true, then I might rather drop Damien for Burkhead in a 10-man league.  In my 12-man league, if I needed to drop a bench player for a bye week QB, would I rather drop Damien, or Rashaad Penny?  

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Would you rather have Penny or Damien?  If your answer is Damien that's fine, but don't act like it's an easy decision.

I own both McCoy and Damien.  Darrel too.

Damien is a firm hold for me because I own McCoy, and I'd rather have him than Penny. 

But...if I only had Damien rostered, I would seriously consider moving him for a guy who has an opportunity to be the main guy without an injury occurring.  Penny is a good example, as Carson's fumbling could have him out of a job.

I don't see any way Damien is anything more than a timeshare back with McCoy healthy.  McCoy is going to be, at worst, 50 percent of any timeshare in the KC backfield.  With the threat of Darrel Williams too, it's really very bleak for Damien.

• Thanks 2

I want to know what kind of leagues people are in who are dropping Damien. We have no idea what his role will be when he comes back - saying he's lost his job is comical, especially given there is little chance McCoy makes it all season without being hurt and/or McCoy becomes a 3 down back again. I own both D. Williams on KC, but I wouldn't drop Damien.

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

Folks in here are acting like Damien is a starter.  We will see.

Damien, when healthy, is the main pass catching back on this squad. This offense regularly gets to the redzone. Damien doesnt even have to be the "starter".

Sony Michel is the starter on New England right? I'd rather have White

8 minutes ago, atdharris said:

I want to know what kind of leagues people are in who are dropping Damien. We have no idea what his role will be when he comes back - saying he's lost his job is comical, especially given there is little chance McCoy makes it all season without being hurt and/or McCoy becomes a 3 down back again. I own both D. Williams on KC, but I wouldn't drop Damien.

Discussions sometimes get bogged down in these forums because there are so many different league settings. Damien is obviously a hold in most leagues. I actually dropped him in a league this week. It's 10 team league with roster position limits(only 4 RBs) which is basically the stupidest thing ever. Shady was actually on the wire which tells you how bad this league is so I flipped them

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Discussions sometimes get bogged down in these forums because there are so many different league settings. Damien is obviously a hold in most leagues. I actually dropped him in a league this week. It's 10 team league with roster position limits(only 4 RBs) which is basically the stupidest thing ever. Shady was actually on the wire which tells you how bad this league is so I flipped them

Well yeah, if Shady is available, that makes sense. Otherwise, I can't see why people would straight up drop Damien. He very well could resume his old role once he returns. It isn't like Reid has come out and said it will be the Shady and Darrell show going forward.