NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Joe Odam

1 hour ago, BeefDaddy said:

man the frustration the RB game in KC is real.. feel bad for all you guys that are rostering 2-4 KC backs... bye weeks starting, youll need to start dropping

I cut them all.  Gonna leave this headache for my opponents.  Reminds me of rostering Denver RBs 5 years ago.

Lots of great WW pickups emerge in the first 1/4 of the season.  Can't use 1/3 of my bench on the entire KC backfield.

Edited by ragrag

5 minutes ago, ragrag said:

I cut them all.  Gonna leave this headache for my opponents.

Having 2 fantasy relevant RBs in a backfield is a headache?

Week 1 Damien was an RB2, Shady was an RB 2/3.

Week 2 both starter and backup injured during the game.

Week 3 Shady was an RB1, Darrell Williams was an RB2.

The KC starter will be a weekly RB 1/2, The KC backup will be a weekly RB 2/3. And we've had clarity on who will be in those roles each week.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Lots of great WW pickups emerge in the first 1/4 of the season.  Can't use 1/3 of my bench on the entire KC backfield.

Oh, my friend, it appears that you still haven't learned the secret to successful fantasy football. Worry not, I will impart:

The secret to successful fantasy football is to get in a bunch of leagues, and then only talk about the ones you're doing well in.

A corollary to that ancient secret is this: when presented with a muddled backfield, pick up different pieces of said backfields in different leagues.

I, knowing for sure that Damien Williams would face plant this season, set out to get any KC back that I could. Having just picked up Darrel this week with a good waiver priority, I now own Shady, Darrel, Darwin, and even Carlos Hyde in various leagues.

Feel free to use this ancient wisdom in your fantasy travels.

Edited by andypro77
  • Haha 4

Dropped Damien yesterday without hesitation and picked up Darrel. If Darrel plays and is successful it golden, if not oh well on the the next waiver wire wonder. Damien looked like crap the 1st 2 weeks so no big loss. Keep grinding fellas, don’t let this cat ruin your season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Spyplane said:

Wait, if you have a good roster couldn't you afford to wait on him? If you have a bad roster you need to win now.

No, if you have a good roster you probably have a lot of guys (or stashes with more upside, like Melvin Gordon) who are more valuable than him.  That's the issue.

40 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Whats his fantasy points per touch currently? I heard he was projected to have 1.57 FPPT and 300 touches earlier in this thread.

Could it be that he's like a SnowBeast lite?   He came on strong at the end of last year and doesn't it get pretty cold in KC?

Has anyone taken the time to check the correlation between weather and his fantasy output?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Why didnt the other Williams start the season as the starter then?  Yea.... exactly

I'm convinced everyone in here is just part of this long con troll job designed to get people in their own respected leagues to drop Damien Williams, so that they themselves can scoop up Damien Williams off of waivers/free agency. 

Because there is just no logic here at all

Edited by Chippa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1