NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Joe Odam

3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Hopefully he's back asAp and people drop Darrell so I can scoop Darrell and watch damien go down again

Who in their right mind would drop Darrel the Barrel? 

- I suppose shallow leagues. 10 teamers and lower. 

Edited by Bugs bunny

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Odd situation. Especially given the original injury seemed very minor. This is starting to give off the vibe that either the injury is something else, or they're happy with McCoy and Darrel as their RBs. 

Meh. They're prob just taking their time with him since they're not losing games in his absence 

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

Unless you own Zeke, Barkley, CMC, Kamara or Cook, you own part of a timeshare. What better timeshare to be a part of then the Chiefs where both backs put up 15 points last week ? The only one that comes close is the Chargers with Gordon and Ekeler. Not sure what RB you are going to get thats going to give you 30 points a game. 

There is not a running back in the league that’s going to give me 30 points a game while occupying two starting roster spots, which what you would have to do to get 30 points from the chiefs RB’s.  

4 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

Unless you own Zeke, Barkley, CMC, Kamara or Cook, you own part of a timeshare. What better timeshare to be a part of then the Chiefs where both backs put up 15 points last week ? The only one that comes close is the Chargers with Gordon and Ekeler. Not sure what RB you are going to get thats going to give you 30 points a game. 

And KJohnson, Chubb, DJohnson, Henry, Fournette, Bell, Mack, Jacobs, Conner (when healthy).

29 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

Who the hell is he making miss?  At 1.5 ypa, he’s easily the least productive non-QB rusher on the team - almost 4.0 ypa less than McCoy and almost 3.0 ypa less than Dar Williams.  

Per touch factors in receptions too, he has 9’receptions to go along with 22 carries. Still seems like a high number cant argue with that

1 hour ago, MrPositive said:

It’s Devonta Freeman of last season. Literally no information and was first to be thought a ‘minor’ injury

This. Smells to me like Damien is trying to rehab through some stuff, only to be put on IR ultimately because pain/damage doesn't improve.

Wouldbe a classic. This happens a lot. Especially when their backfield didn't really miss a beat without him. He is no Saquon who takes over once he's back. I fear the worst for Damien.

There's no info on him because most people believe he's not the guy anymore.  Second string (or maybe even third string at this point) players do not get much media attention.  It's the first string impact players that the media tracks closely when they are hurt (Saquon, Davante, even Terry McLaurin)  Heck, even a guy like Mike WIlliams, who is a starter, is getting very little coverage for his back injury.

I have Damien so I'm not trying to bash on him.  It's just the reality of the situation.  At best, he comes back and is the 1B to McCoy's 1A.  Likely he isn't even that, with Darrel there.  No reporter is going to hunt down Damien Williams and ask him every day how his knee is.  I'm sure they are checking with Saquon frequently though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

This. Smells to me like Damien is trying to rehab through some stuff, only to be put on IR ultimately because pain/damage doesn't improve.

Wouldbe a classic. This happens a lot. Especially when their backfield didn't really miss a beat without him. He is no Saquon who takes over once he's back. I fear the worst for Damien.

And he's back at practice today. 

• Thanks 1