NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

52 minutes ago, Heizz said:

I own all 3 - and I can’t understand how I’ll be able to start Damien or Darrel this week (I think starting McCoy is safe).

I’m hoping that Damien that go off similar to the end of last year so that I can move down to two RB’s in this backfield.

I own all 3 as well and I agree Mccoy is the easy auto start. Really torn between starting Damian or Fuller or Marquise Brown. It was actually nice while Damian was out just starting both!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Phatpanda said:

You own all 3?! Oh man, bitter sweet when one scores.... but he’s the guy you benched 😫

I owned all 3 too up until last week when I dropped Damien. I couldn’t justify owning 3 backs from the same team, especially when one was injured, 

Damien is not some established NFL superstar who will certainly get his entire previous role back simply because he is now healthy.

And he wasn't even playing all that well prior to the injury.

This is a "wait and see" week for Damien, in my view.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Damien is not some established NFL superstar who will certainly get his entire previous role back simply because he is now healthy.

And he wasn't even playing all that well prior to the injury.

This is a "wait and see" week for Damien, in my view.

Agree.  I don't think either Damien or Darrel are startable this week unless we hear something definitive by Sunday (or Damien has a setback).  It's just too uncertain.  McCoy is the only guy who you can play.

Okay. 

Damien is fully healthy. 
Shady is fully healthy. 
Darrell is fully healthy. 
Shady has had over a month to learn the playbook. 
No more excuses or outlier circumstances for any of these guys.

This weeks usage should be indicative of what we can expect going forward for this backfield. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

Okay. 

Damien is fully healthy. 
Shady is fully healthy. 
Darrell is fully healthy. 
Shady has had over a month to learn the playbook. 
No more excuses or outlier circumstances for any of these guys.

This weeks usage should be indicative of what we can expect going forward for this backfield. 

If all 3 of them play (which is my fear and why I got rid of McCoy and both D. Wills), you are going to tear your hair out every week trying to figure which one will go off. Its going to be like Belitricks. Will it be Sony, White or Burkhead with the big game? No one knows. 

Edited by Dexter75
14 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

If all 3 of them play (which is my fear and why I got rid of McCoy and both D. Wills), you are going to tear your hair out every week trying to figure which one will go off. Its going to be like Belitricks. Will it be Sony, White or Burkhead with the big game? No one knows. 

yup. and this will happen. book it

• Like 1

It will be McCoy and Damien and both will be very startable. 10-15 touches each and very comfortable floors with obviously high ceilings. If I’m wrong so be it but Darrell didn’t flash other worldly skills in his cameo. Certainly not enough to send Damien to the bench. Not buying that. It was next man up for 2 games. He filled in admirably. “Thank you and we’ll call if we need you again sir.”

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

It will be McCoy and Damien and both will be very startable. 10-15 touches each and very comfortable floors with obviously high ceilings. If I’m wrong so be it but Darrell didn’t flash other worldly skills in his cameo. Certainly not enough to send Damien to the bench. Not buying that. It was next man up for 2 games. He filled in admirably. “Thank you and we’ll call if we need you again sir.”

👆

Coach Andy Reid said Friday that the plan right now is that Damien Williams (knee) will play Sunday.

Williams practiced in full all week and is expected to be ready to go for Sunday night. The question is how big of a role he'll have. Damien and Darrel Williams seem to be the offense's primary pass-down RBs after each worked ahead of LeSean McCoy in terms of both pass blocking snaps as well as targets. This leaves Shady to continue to work as the offense's lead early-down back that is also fully capable of handling some pass-game duties. Of course, any role that consists of a near double-digit touch floor inside of the league's No. 1-ranked scoring offense should be just fine for fantasy business.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Practiced all week. 

Seems fine for 10-12 touches. 

6 catches for 75 yards and a TD

6 rushes for 6 yards and a TD

And McCoy 

12 carries for 75 yards and a TD

1 catch for 6 yards and a TD

😂

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, matthew berry said:

65-60 split Damien- Mccoy

I don't see that being realistic unless KC is getting blown out.  Darrell Williams has shown how unbelievably easy it was to replace Damien Williams.  I expect McCoy to get 50-60% of the snaps with the Williams brothers splitting the other 50%.  Damien Williams is too terrible of a runner to justify that sort of split.  McCoy has been a 6 yard per carry back over the last 2 weeks, I don't expect his playing time to decrease.  

Let's not forget how unbelievably terrible Damien Williams has looked this year with his carries.  

I'm not starting any of them but if I were it would be McCoy who's easily (and by a huge margin) the best runner of the 3. 

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, matthew berry said:

65-60 split Damien- Mccoy

3 hours ago, jonasdash said:

spacer.png

Was Just Kidding😉 but to be technically correct 65-60 (snap share) is possible if they are on the field at the same time at any point 😎

Edited by matthew berry