NBC Sports Edge Forums

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

56 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

The fact is, Darrel looked every bit as good as Damien in the two games Damien missed. [...] I don’t believe Darrel is just going to be tossed to the side now. I do believe he has earned some snaps, even when all three are healthy. 

You might be right.

But either way, it'll be less snaps than he's been getting.  I highly doubt McCoys snaps get reduced.

I think at best you see Damien and Darrel splitting the passing game snaps.  That would probably be the worst thing for both their owners as neither guy would be consistent enough to feel good about starting.

This has all the makings of a fantasy headache unless one guy is removed from the equation either by injury or coaches decision.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's ironic that after months of discussing, debating McCoy, Dam. Williams, Dar. Williams, and Thompson that the most valuable Chiefs RB turned out to be Hyde.

If McCoy comes to chiefs and pushes Williams out, I am not drafting next year until about 20 minutes before the season begins 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

What else are we supposed to do? We have to work with what we have and try to make judgments based on the information on hand. Correct? I’m not trying to be snarky here, but why come into the forum this early in the season if you’re not discussing, analyzing, drawing conclusions? The sample sizes are all small, especially for anyone who has had any sort of injury. 

We simply dont know enough about KCs intents to reliably project forward such a limited sample size.  There is no conclusion to be drawn at this point.   Pretending otherwise or harping about how smart you were to avoid him in round 2 only furthers petty, pointless arguments.   

For me:  McCoy is a solid rb2 or flex play.  Limited practices indicate he’s on track for another 10-15 touches—mostly before halftime while his sprained ankle is loose and feeling good.   

Damien:  big upside and likely to return to the role he occupied before being injured.  This is a guess of course-  but he is superb in the passing game and a threat to take one all the way every touch.  

Darrell-   Up to 10 touches and possibly GL pending Shadys health later in game.    He’s on the bench- firm hold.   

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

We simply dont know enough about KCs intents to reliably project forward such a limited sample size.  There is no conclusion to be drawn at this point.   Pretending otherwise or harping about how smart you were to avoid him in round 2 only furthers petty, pointless arguments.   

For me:  McCoy is a solid rb2 or flex play.  Limited practices indicate he’s on track for another 10-15 touches—mostly before halftime while his sprained ankle is loose and feeling good.   

Damien:  big upside and likely to return to the role he occupied before being injured.  This is a guess of course-  but he is superb in the passing game and a threat to take one all the way every touch.  

Darrell-   Up to 10 touches and possibly GL pending Shadys & Damien’s is health later in game.    He’s on the bench- firm hold.   

I agree, but I really think you need to add Damien’s name

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Darrell-   Up to 10 touches and possibly GL pending Shadys health later in game.    He’s on the bench- firm hold.   

I agree that no one can definitively say this IS going to happen or IS NOT going to happen, but that goes for all three camps...McCoy's, Damien's, and Darrel's. And just to be clear, I haven't harped at all about being smart by avoiding Damien. In my main league, he was a keeper, so I didn't have the opportunity to draft or pass. 

We're all trying to look at the landscape of KC's first four games and make the best assessment we can, and I bristled at the notion that someone (not you, lol) would just be dismissive and insulting towards me when I'm just having a discussion. It was juvenile. But I appreciate you being you...informative post written like an adult with your perspective, and just trying to have a good discussion about a very muddled backfield. 

As for the muddled backfield...when Damien was drafted in most of the leagues, McCoy had yet to be signed, so there was no way for many to know that he would have a legit threat to steal touches. And I don't think anyone knew Darrel would play as well as he has in the last two weeks. I'll be candid, he looks better as an NFL RB than he did as a RB at LSU. I never dreamed he'd be challenging anyone for touches on the NFL level. But I think Reid's offense has the ability to make a lot of RBs look better than they really are, lol. 

McCoy...he's got a role as long as he's healthy. Imho, he's the primary 1st-2nd down RB. If everyone is healthy, I think he gets 50-60 percent of the snaps. 

Williams & Williams...does Damien get the nod because of the run he had last year, or does Darrel eat more into his touches because of how he's performed the last two weeks? I will say, Darrel has always been a great pass-blocking RB, even at LSU. He is dependable in that role, and he may steal some obvious passing down snaps because of it. I'd say that these two will divvy up the remaining 40-50 percent, and right now I think Damien will get the initial nod as the 2nd KC RB. But imho he needs to really improve on his ypc (albeit, it's just two games) or Darrel (whose ypc wasn't good Sunday) may get more opportunities. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

This dude is posting IG stories from a club the night before a game right now ... 

Maybe because he is getting pushed to the side for the other D. Williams? Not a good look though either way. 

11 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

his sample size of success with the Chiefs since taking on a role is far larger than his sample size of mediocrity or worse.....amirite?

How can you possibly use sample size as an argument when the sample size of Damien Williams showing he's a capable NFL RB is miniscule compared to the games where he was terrible.  How many games in his career has he looked like a practice squad caliber football player... 65+?  

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

Need a social media expert to confirm if live footage

Yeah I’m not sure because he posted one at the beginning making it sound like maybe he had lost one of his friends? Maybe this is just footage of them kicking it one night. 

8 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Yeah I’m not sure because he posted one at the beginning making it sound like maybe he had lost one of his friends? Maybe this is just footage of them kicking it one night. 

That's exactly what it is. Unless his friend came back from the dead to be in the last 5 videos. Maybe he'll ball out tomorrow for his bro.

Edited by chargahs
  • Like 2
58 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

How can you possibly use sample size as an argument when the sample size of Damien Williams showing he's a capable NFL RB is miniscule compared to the games where he was terrible.  How many games in his career has he looked like a practice squad caliber football player... 65+?  

i get it now. you people were destroyed by damien last year in the playoffs

I am a DamWill and McCoy owner.  Drafted them both.  Haven't played either one this year (Gurley and Connor), so I'm lucky I don't have to choose.

That being said, it appears McCoy is the primary.  It seems Damien was the secondary until he was hurt.  I'm gonna guess it's Damien's job to lose for now.

BUT.....there's nobody you can reliably start in this backfield other than McCoy.  It's a full blown RBBC no matter how you slice it.  Even if McCoy gets hurt, there's no saying Damien and Darrel won't split the load from there.

It's a mess.

Just now, Guwop said:

Why does this keep getting posted when it hasn't amounted to anything in the actual games with his YPC or on the fantasy score board?

Because it's indicative of how well he is running with the ball, is this a serious question? 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, furbz420 said:

Because it's indicative of how well he is running with the ball, is this a serious question? 

so ypc or yac don't matter just this one stat huh? Thanks for that

regardless of that i'm playing both in place of saquon and montgomery so hopefully he'll gain his split role with mccoy at the very least

Edited by Guwop

So that was...well, I’m not really sure what that was honestly. Wasn’t good; I know that. McCoy zero carries on the night though. Zero. Try explaining that one. But yeah, Williams didn’t exactly set the world on fire either. Another opportunity lost. This whole situation is just one giant clustef*** of SUCK right now. 

Just like I imagine it is for many of us ‘round these parts, had I not been so obsessed with investing in the Chiefs backfield, investing as much as I could possibly get my hands on (both pre and post McCoy as part of the equation), it’s quite possible, frankly, downright likely, I wouldn’t have ruined a litany of otherwise fantastic fantasy football teams. But alas: I did and I have. And now my dreams are poised to become haunted for the next decade...decade and a half because of it.

And as much as I hate to say it (cause I was all-in; refusing to waiver even after the McCoy acquisition muddied the waters), Damien Williams is patent zero in this whole mess.

• Like 1

This game showed Damien is the guy to own, but it doesn't really matter if KC continues to approach their play calling this way. Didn't bother trying to establish the run and it brought down the entire offense.

• Like 1

Both guys have about zero trade value right now.  So it's either drop/trade for peanuts or let them continue to eat space on your bench.  Only 5 bench spots in my league so I might be bailing this week finally like I should have probably done long ago.

12 minutes ago, Deke said:

This game showed Damien is the guy to own, but it doesn't really matter if KC continues to approach their play calling this way. Didn't bother trying to establish the run and it brought down the entire offense.

Yeah, he's the guy to own if you want a mediocre running back. He blew a 4th and 1 that could have kept them in the game.

• Haha 2